"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:36 pm

precita wrote:Nappa says it's very hard to become a Super Saiyan, and Cell tells Nappa there's a "Super Saiyan bargain sale going around these days" when Nappa complains he can't go Super Saiyan. :lol:

I swear they pulled that line off the internet.
Vegeta says that line in the Funimation dub when he finds out Trunks can turn into a Super Saiyan. It's not a fan thing.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Brettjr25 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:54 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
precita wrote:Nappa says it's very hard to become a Super Saiyan, and Cell tells Nappa there's a "Super Saiyan bargain sale going around these days" when Nappa complains he can't go Super Saiyan. :lol:

Vegeta says that line in the Funimation dub when he finds out Trunks can turn into a Super Saiyan. It's not a fan thing.

He says that in Japanese too and you can clearly here him state, "super saiyajin bargain sale"

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:10 pm

The level of fan service in this games's script alone is worth waaaay more than a 300 character roster and almost lifeless animation.. I didn't spoil myself on every little thing but the scenes I did see are TOP FUCKING NOTCH!!! :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:

The music is great too!! Maybe not Blaz Blue's level of good just yet but still fantastic. Gotta give the sound track a better listen.. I also hope the DLC characters will have their own theme as well.. Would LOVE to hear Broly's theme if he makes it in.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:19 pm

So I saw a notification on the PS store for the FighterZ Beta and I downloaded it. I've put it on and all I'm getting is "Failed to initialise network".

Does that mean the beta is unavailable? I can't play it?

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:30 pm

Brettjr25 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:

He says that in Japanese too and you can clearly here him state, "super saiyajin bargain sale"
The line is in the manga and the anime in both versions, japanese and english. It's not a FUNimation line, neither something from the internet

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:57 am

The S wrote:Where the heck do you work to get a review copy? :o
Just a small website called Capsule Computers. I've kind of stepped away so fighterz will be my first review in a while however dragon ball is my passion so i made a special effort to come back to it. Best part is the code was for the ultimate edition so writing the review is a small price to pay in exchange for that.

There are a lot of small sites like this always looking for good writers so if you have some free time and fancy yourself a good writer id recommend it. Just know youll be expected to write news and review a few games you might not want to before you can start shotgunning reviews. A solid year of news and reviews and you'll be in a good position to make your own requests for games.
Olympian wrote:There`s another cut where [spoiler]21 turns Nappa into candy[/spoiler] and measures the taste on a 24 in 100 sounding dissapointed.
This happens a few times with a few characters haha, power level guys are gonna have a field day as the taste seems to be better based on the characters strength. It's sort of a personality quirk of 21, she makes a great villain.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:12 am

So, is it officially impossible to have 1v1 local battles?

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:28 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:So, is it officially impossible to have 1v1 local battles?
I'm sorry, what?
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:31 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:So, is it officially impossible to have 1v1 local battles?
Yes the game is 3v3 with assists only.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:43 am

They were so close to get my money. Oh well...

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:26 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:They were so close to get my money. Oh well...
But how were they close to get your money, if everything that has ever been stated about this game was it being 3 vs 3?

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:10 am

we've known it was 3 v 3 since day one.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:18 am

where were you for the last 6 months? it was always a 3 vs 3 game :D

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:29 am

The Steam release is apparently 10 hours after the console release. What a bummer, I was hoping to get the game downloaded before I got home, but this way I'll get home before the release and with my shitty internet speed I'm gonna have to wait a LOT to play.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:34 am

omegalucas wrote:The Steam release is apparently 10 hours after the console release. What a bummer, I was hoping to get the game downloaded before I got home, but this way I'll get home before the release and with my shitty internet speed I'm gonna have to wait a LOT to play.
It's like a 4GB game, so even with a shitty internet connection you'll download it pretty fast.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:44 am

Why do people like Tenkaichi 3 so much?
My English is poor .

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:54 am

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:Why do people like Tenkaichi 3 so much?
cause of the roster... even tho everyone plays with max of 10 different ones..... I won't talk bad about it, cause I also loved it. I did not play it since 09 tho.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:55 am

nato25 wrote:
This happens a few times with a few characters haha, power level guys are gonna have a field day as the taste seems to be better based on the characters strength. It's sort of a personality quirk of 21, she makes a great villain.
Haha oh boy, let me lay down in the crater with you Nappa.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:57 am

Brettjr25 wrote:Wow, all these unique character interactions really really make me want to get this game. I want to but I swore of ARC system games. They make their fighters too technical and ultimately I can't get the full experience and my enjoyment drops. Bu..but the interactions are sooo good.
I`m assuming you like Pan and she`s mentioned at least in one cutscene with Goku and Tenshinhan.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:14 am

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:Why do people like Tenkaichi 3 so much?
It's a great game, with tons of characters, nice gameplay and really fast paced.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?