"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by omegalucas » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:44 am

IM21 wrote:
omegalucas wrote:The Steam release is apparently 10 hours after the console release. What a bummer, I was hoping to get the game downloaded before I got home, but this way I'll get home before the release and with my shitty internet speed I'm gonna have to wait a LOT to play.
It's like a 4GB game, so even with a shitty internet connection you'll download it pretty fast.
My shitty internet connection has been around 300-400 kb/s lately. That's three hours of download, with virtually no other access because it clogs up the connection.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:47 am

Bullza wrote:So I saw a notification on the PS store for the FighterZ Beta and I downloaded it. I've put it on and all I'm getting is "Failed to initialise network".

Does that mean the beta is unavailable? I can't play it?
Yeah. You're too late for the beta.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:51 am

Yeah, definitely seems like the game has incorporated some fanon into its interactions.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:57 am

omegalucas wrote:
IM21 wrote:
omegalucas wrote:The Steam release is apparently 10 hours after the console release. What a bummer, I was hoping to get the game downloaded before I got home, but this way I'll get home before the release and with my shitty internet speed I'm gonna have to wait a LOT to play.
It's like a 4GB game, so even with a shitty internet connection you'll download it pretty fast.
My shitty internet connection has been around 300-400 kb/s lately. That's three hours of download, with virtually no other access because it clogs up the connection.
just go to sleep for those 3 hours :D

I remember having 25 kb download speed and downloading the whole dbz series with a size of 125 GB.... good old times... LOL

Night Owl

Post by Night Owl » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:13 am

IM21 wrote:
omegalucas wrote:
IM21 wrote:
just go to sleep for those 3 hours :D

I remember having 25 kb download speed and downloading the whole dbz series with a size of 125 GB.... good old times... LOL
You're not alone. It is surreal to think that something as high quality as Fighterz is out tomorrow: I remember the days of playing Hyper Dimension, Super Saiya Densetsu and the Super Butoden games on ROMs and them taking forever to download on a dial-up connection :lol: I even religiously played some Java game that Cartoon Network had on their website that was a turn-based fighter of sorts.
"You know it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile?"
"...you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone?"

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:29 am

Lek wrote:But how were they close to get your money, if everything that has ever been stated about this game was it being 3 vs 3?
mahakaishin1991 wrote:we've known it was 3 v 3 since day one.
IM21 wrote:where were you for the last 6 months? it was always a 3 vs 3 game :D
The game being built around 3v3 didn't inherently prevent it from having a 2v2 or 1v1 mode available. At one point they said it you could battle with up to 3 fighters (implying 3 was the maxinum, not the only option), so had they stuck with that mindset, they could have gotten my money.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:31 am

Doctor. wrote:Yeah, definitely seems like the game has incorporated some fanon into its interactions.
Any vídeo around with the JP voices and respective sub?

Tenshinhan definatly got it good in the game, his techniques are universally respected and Gotenks thinks he`s the cool and he doesn`t get fazed by roasts.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:37 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
precita wrote:Nappa says it's very hard to become a Super Saiyan, and Cell tells Nappa there's a "Super Saiyan bargain sale going around these days" when Nappa complains he can't go Super Saiyan. :lol:

I swear they pulled that line off the internet.
Vegeta says that line in the Funimation dub when he finds out Trunks can turn into a Super Saiyan. It's not a fan thing.
It was in the manga too

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:38 am

Last edited by Neo-Makaiōshin on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:39 am

Apologies if someone already posted about this - (I combed through and didn't see any mention of it) but has anybody seen the promoted Imgur gallery and read through it? Good lord, is it hard to sit through. It reads like someone just got into Dragon Ball yesterday and just wrote down every last thing they saw on the DB Wiki. Complete with memes, unnecessary flavor text sprinkled throughout (for Goku, Freeza and... 18??) and a very, very strange photo of some dude's dog at the end - how did this get official approval for marketing? Every shot has an "XBOX ONE X ENHANCED" watermark on it, so that could be a factor.

This is my "favorite" bit:
Next up, the descendant of Chilled, the son of King Cold, the entire reason DRAGON BALL exists- Frieza! If ego was a power source, this battle would already be on ice. With blistering moves like Death Saucer, Earth Breaker, and Golden Frieza, the Z Fighters are at a risk for serious damage, especially when the Frost Demon activates the ‘vanish’ teleport move. You can battle the elements at 100% Full Power and as the ultimate Golden Frieza.

:think: Are we really going through this song and dance again?
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:44 am

Lunaar wrote: (for Goku, Freeza and... 18??)
Goku, Freeza and #18 make up the three protagonists of the different story routes you play, by the way. To explain your confusion.

But yes, the English side of the marketing business has been too self-aware for its own good for a long time now.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:48 am

Doctor. wrote:Yeah, definitely seems like the game has incorporated some fanon into its interactions.
You mean assuming Gohan liked to do poses as the Great Saiyaman under the influence of the Ginyu Force? I don't think so, we had in previous game too.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:54 am

Kinda worried about the Yamcha bashing.

Questions before I buy:

1.Will the 8 DLC chars/the pack they are in have more story mode content? Will we not know until the DLC is out at a later date?
2.Does each character have their own story? Is it a chunk of the same story that link up or are they all different and one is the "true" one?
3.Is it compatible with Manga+super Manga canon and Xenoverse?
4.Does Yamcha get bashed over all? Is there a route where he isn't?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:10 am

TobyS wrote:Kinda worried about the Yamcha bashing.

Questions before I buy:

1.Will the 8 DLC chars/the pack they are in have more story mode content? Will we not know until the DLC is out at a later date?
2.Does each character have their own story? Is it a chunk of the same story that link up or are they all different and one is the "true" one?
3.Is it compatible with Manga+super Manga canon and Xenoverse?
4.Does Yamcha get bashed over all? Is there a route where he isn't?
1. We dont know yet.
2. I know theres a heroes story and villains story. Goku, Freeza and 18 all have a route assuming they all reach the same/similar final battle
3. Seems to be anime Super. Post Black, pre ToP. No Xenoverse.
4. Everyone gets bashed / made fun of.
Last edited by Dbzfan94 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:12 am

Doctor. wrote:
Lunaar wrote: (for Goku, Freeza and... 18??)
Goku, Freeza and #18 make up the three protagonists of the different story routes you play, by the way. To explain your confusion.
But yes, the English side of the marketing business has been too self-aware for its own good for a long time now.
Ah, that does explain a lot. Other than 21's connection to 16, I am unaware of any plot points the Story mode has in-store.

On the topic of the English marketing being self-aware, memes are expected at this point (unfortunately). What surprised me about that post were all the unnecessary references. Besides the label "Frost Demon" being a product of the fandom's own weight collapsing into officially-endorsed products (looking at you, Xenoverse 2 dub), could someone explain to me why Chilled, of all people, was mentioned? I mean hey - if he's relevant to the story mode in FighterZ, strip my panties and call me a scientist.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:28 am

Since nobody for some reason posted it so far, here it is Android 21 speaking about her past.

This is the kind of stuff that I simply love about Dragon Ball the most. When they take a tidbit and expand upon it. Who would've thought we would get to see more of a concept introduced in an interview? :clap:

If the next major Dragon Ball game isn't a Xenoverse game, I want a FighterZ 2 or may the next game continues to bring new and exciting stuff to this franchise! :thumbup:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:35 am

Grimlock wrote:Since nobody for some reason posted it so far: here it is Android 21 speaking about her past
This bit just blows all XENOVERSE story, I bet people grow tired about the whole Time Patrol, Mira/Towa stuff. The only thing that would keep me interested in a possible XV3 is if Trunks goes to the prison like in HEROES.

Even though some of FighterZ story feels much like a fanfic still vastly superior to XV series plot.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:38 am

If you got tired of Xenoverse then it is your problem, but you can't talk for everyone. Xenoverse sales speaks otherwise.

As for that bit, no. Android 21 and all of the content she brings along with her is very interesting indeed (far more than the main series, in reality) but still not enough to "blow" Xenoverse.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:55 am

We know here you're biased when the subject is either XENOVERSE or HEROES, so no point in trying to argue about it. Sales don't change the fact that many thought there was little to no improvement in the game story from the previous installment.

And yes Android 21's character is interesting by itself and having a story that don't revolves around fixing the original DB timeline is already a plus over XV.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:They were so close to get my money. Oh well...

The game was created and balanced with 3v3 in mind, so I don't know what you were expecting. But if this is the only factor that stops you from getting the best dragonball game of all time, I don't know what to tell you.