Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:08 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Vegeta's certainly got his work cut out for him next week. I'm not really sure what he can do to counter something like this.
Wild, unlikely and probably not going to happen theory: it was stated in the episode that Toppo needs time to charge in order to use an Energy of Destruction attack. Vegeta puts up a huge barrier of ki (which is also coincidentally referenced in episode 127's supposed title from the spoilers) and charges toward Toppo. Toppo's EoD attack destroys the ki barrier, but Vegeta plans that and gets through the attack, and strikes Toppo at that very small chance of an opening. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unless Vegeta's new form allows him to get stronger during battle or something, he indeed has his work cut out for him.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:14 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:EXTREMELY good episode.
Might rewatch it, hell.
Professor Freeza wrote: Confirmed freeza can't sense god ki. Him sensing SSB Goku was BS
When did this happen?
In RoF Freeza said he can sense SSB Goku's power.

PS: Even 17 is now in the hand slipping business

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:20 am

Wow, what an episode. Toppo is what all the god of destruction should've been introduced like. And the new sky and shattered stage with the stars, definitely give the feeling of the final battle for survival. Poor Frieza :mrgreen:

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:22 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
sintzu wrote:

LOOK at this. Imagine this coming at you.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:53 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
sintzu wrote:

It was at this very moment Freeza lost all hope in living.

Freeza is still in the ring so chances are it'll result in something later on.

Vegeta defeating that...thing will make up for all his previous failures in battle.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:57 am

sintzu wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Vegeta defeating that...thing will make up for all his previous failures in battle.
Best thing about Freeza staying in the ring is 17 stealing his catchphrase.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:57 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:EXTREMELY good episode.
Might rewatch it, hell.
Professor Freeza wrote: Confirmed freeza can't sense god ki. Him sensing SSB Goku was BS
When did this happen?

He did? Hmm. God ki lets off a lot of tangible pressure, like Vegeta stated in episode 22 and Trunks stated in episode 54, so you don't think it was the pressure Freeza felt?
sintzu wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Indeed. That coming at you is... a literal beast. Vegeta beating that would be glorious.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:59 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote: Might rewatch it, hell.

When did this happen?

He did? Hmm. God ki lets off a lot of tangible pressure, like Vegeta stated in episode 22 and Trunks stated in episode 54, so you don't think it was the pressure Freeza felt?
I'm not sure

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:59 am

Major props for C-17 in not just this episode, but the whole arc. Until now, C-17's character was put into major obscurity for decades. Who would've honestly thought the same side character that did nothing but jobbed to Cell at the end would have this much spotlight and love dedicated to him? In every scene this man played his part in, he was an absolute GOAT by every word of the acronym and played major roles in ensuring his team last in the final minutes of the tournament.

To add more icing and sprinkles on the cake, this is the second time we've ever seen a mortal against a true Hakaishin with the first being SSJG Goku v. Beerus (albeit heavily suppressed) on screen. Even against insurmountable odds, C-17's luster still remains intact and never hesitates to concoct any kind of strategy to overcome this level of threat. Heck, even before Toppo completely went apeshit, 17 was holding his own against a being that can pressure a SSJB Goku and Vegeta.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:02 am

So good. Making 17 and Freeza so awesome alone are enough to give this arc props. A little worried about what's going to happen to Vegeta next week, but either way it looks like all the "filler" is over and these last few episodes are going to be quite the ride.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:13 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:

Best thing about Freeza staying in the ring is 17 stealing his catchphrase.
Toppo using Freeza's words against him was pretty good too :lol:

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:19 am

batistabus wrote:I've really liked Toppo and I was excited to see him kick ass...but I really hated a lot of this.

-Toppo becomes a God of Destruction (they are explicitly calling him this) suddenly. Is being a GoD a state of mind? How can Universe 11 have two GoDs? I get that the one retiring can't die (or else the Kaioshin dies), but shouldn't there be some sort of transfer of power? It'd be possible for Toppo to have access to god ki without being a GoD (like in the manga), but that doesn't seem to be how they're doing it in this continuity.
-He becomes buff...why? Yes, he looked badass, but this doesn't happen to any other GoDs. Again, the mark on his chest looks "cool" in the same way Xicor looks "cool"...but why? This really seems much more like a Toei decision than a Toriyama decision.
-The Hakai/Destruction power has always been used for erasing people. That doesn't seem to be a factor here. I get that they're trying to emphasize his godhood, but there must be a better way to convey that.
-The Freeza aspect was completely copied from his Genki Dama struggle on Namek. I'm fine with homages, but this is so blatant. At least when Toyotaro references past scenes, they involve different characters and scenarios.
-I could not be less interested in Jiren.

Things I liked:

-No.17's strategy and teamwork with Freeza.
-Gohan's recognition and Goku's smile.
-While nothing interesting came of it, it's cool to see Goku and Vegeta working side-by-side, if not quite together.
-The episode looked good.
Don't see how Toyo is any better in that regard just cause he has different characters acting out blatant homages.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:26 am

Pannaliciour wrote:You know whats funny. The ToP arc was stated to be the worst arc in history of dragon ball. But somehow it has one of the best episodes in history of Dragon Ball. Thats... ironic!?
I don’t think anyone said the ToP arc was the worst in DB. It’s not even the worst in Super - that belongs to Resurrection F.

Ice85

Post by Ice85 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:29 am

What a step up from 123 and 124 :thumbup:

Plot- Finally someone else from Universe 11 besides Jiren is actually a powerhouse! I'm glad that they didn't just make Toppo the second fiddle of Universe 11. Also there was no Zeno or Grand Priest cutaways in this episode, really want to see how the GP reacts to Toppo's new form.

Animation- The action is par for the course, but that's unsurprising since this is a solo Yashima episode. However, the effects were crazy! The storyboard was also well done.

Can't wait to see how Vegeta plans to take on Toppo with his hakai shield!
Last edited by Ice85 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:33 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
NEP preview didn't show anything but Haksishin Toppo> Current Vegeta
I think it's a bit of a stretch to set it now, though Toppo seems to hit two hits on Vegeta in the preview (while Vegeta manages to hit one).
Well, it's common to preview cheating and confusing people, a good example is the preview of EP 122, in which Vegeta was not shown getting any hits from Jiren.

Well, as the title is '' Surpass even a God '', I hope Vegeta will somehow be able to overcome Toppo

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:34 am

gofishus wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:You know whats funny. The ToP arc was stated to be the worst arc in history of dragon ball. But somehow it has one of the best episodes in history of Dragon Ball. Thats... ironic!?
I don’t think anyone said the ToP arc was the worst in DB. It’s not even the worst in Super - that belongs to Resurrection F.
People have said the ToP arc was the worst in Super/all of DB, but that's subjective. And agreed. If the arc before it (BoG) was meh, RoF was just ugh. Super has a lot of bad days, but those were the really bad days of Super.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:41 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
I think it's a bit of a stretch to set it now, though Toppo seems to hit two hits on Vegeta in the preview (while Vegeta manages to hit one).
Well, it's common to preview cheating and confusing people, a good example is the preview of EP 122, in which Vegeta was not shown getting any hits from Jiren.

Well, as the title is '' Surpass even a God '', I hope Vegeta will somehow be able to overcome Toppo
look. Vegeta, however strong this form is, is still weaker than a GoD. And the NEP does stress on him doing a life risking blow.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:55 am

Woooow. That episode was insane. Possibly top 5 definitely top 3 for the entire tournament, just crazy how good that was. Last week had me worried, but this week has reassured me the finale is going to be incredible. From the art, to the writing, to the storyboarding, etc. everything was so on point.
Last edited by Asura on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:56 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:

look. Vegeta, however strong this form is, is still weaker than a GoD. And the NEP does stress on him doing a life risking blow.
We do not exactly know Vegeta's maximum level with his new transformation, the synopsis of EP 126 even emphasizes that he counterattacks Jiren with all his power.

Not to mention that we do not know exactly what level Toppo has in relation to the GoDs, and there is nothing to prevent Vegeta from exceeding that level as the title suggests

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:57 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:

We do not exactly know Vegeta's maximum level with his new transformation, the synopsis of EP 126 even emphasizes that he counterattacks Jiren with all his power.

Not to mention that we do not know exactly what level Toppo has in relation to the GoDs, and there is nothing to prevent Vegeta from exceeding that level (as the title suggests)