Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peripuff

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by Peripuff » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:02 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:Worst part about this episode was preview spoiling of 17's elimination.
Are you forgetting the Title of Ep 127?
Nope, this is why I'm even more sure he will go out next week, after that last barrier of hope having no effect at all he'll be eliminated
Also, in the preview we see him dropping low on the void
Honestly, the fact that we see 17 falling into the void has convinced me he is not getting eliminated this episode. They've teased eliminations of characters in previews before but they never happen. It has happened to 17 multiple times.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:08 pm

Noah wrote:Nope. This is just assumption, what we know is that both Toyotaro and Toei elaborate plots based on Toriyama outlines, the differences between manga and anime is due both of them having different interpretations on the same.
And we know those elaborations are approved or disapproved by Toriyama himself...

[spoiler]Q: What is the relationship between you and master Toriyama? What advice does he give you?
T: Toriyama first writes the scenario and the text, then I create the storyboard, I present it to Toriyama and Shueisha and after their approval I start to draw.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30157&start=39200#top [last post on page]

What’s your process working with Toriyama-sensei?!
Toyotaro: "I draw a rough draft based on Toriyama-sensei‘s original story, then I send it to my editor, who gets sensei to check it."

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... r-anatomy/

Speaking of the manga, I want to ask you two about how you put the manga together. I hear Toriyama-sensei checks the storyboards for each chapter.
Toriyama: That’s right.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... b-version/

TOEI:"...to which the production team explains that they are simply following Toriyama’s draft that is delivered to them..."
"The group also discusses whether Toei has the power to have Toriyama change the story, to which they amusingly explain they can ask him little things here and there, but they cannot force him."

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2017/11/04/in ... del-manga/[/spoiler]

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:18 pm

Miracles wrote:And we know those elaborations are approved or disapproved by Toriyama himself...
[spoiler]Q: What is the relationship between you and master Toriyama? What advice does he give you?
T: Toriyama first writes the scenario and the text, then I create the storyboard, I present it to Toriyama and Shueisha and after their approval I start to draw.

Toyotaro: "I draw a rough draft based on Toriyama-sensei‘s original story, then I send it to my editor, who gets sensei to check it."

Speaking of the manga, I want to ask you two about how you put the manga together. I hear Toriyama-sensei checks the storyboards for each chapter.

TOEI:"...to which the production team explains that they are simply following Toriyama’s draft that is delivered to them..."
"The group also discusses whether Toei has the power to have Toriyama change the story, to which they amusingly explain they can ask him little things here and there, but they cannot force him."

So? Toriyama approving Toei ideas don't making him responsible for those either as he don't seem much to care about the deviations between anime and manga. That also don't change the fact that things considered to be anime only are better than the manga.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:45 pm

Noah wrote:
Miracles wrote:And we know those elaborations are approved or disapproved by Toriyama himself...

So? Toriyama approving Toei ideas don't making him responsible for those either as he don't seem much to care about the deviations between anime and manga. That also don't change the fact that things considered to be anime only are better than the manga.
I'm not interested in your head cannon. You claimed whatever TOEI and Toyotaro printed wasn't under Toriyama's power, including the differences. I showed otherwise.
The fact that the manga does things better than the anime and vice versa proves your bias statement about the anime being superior, rubbish.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:42 pm

Doctor. wrote:The episode was alright, I suppose. Freeza's beatdown was entertaining to watch and Toppo is imposing, though I think it's dumb that a title like God of Destruction is now a completely new transformation for... some reason. Like I said in another thread, it doesn't go well with the fact that Beerus is a God of Destruction and can use Hakai without any changes to his physical appearance (the same with UI for Beerus/Whis in comparison to Goku's appearance change, but that's another story). Toppo making his "choice" and forsaking justice for the sake of becoming a God of Destruction, someone beyond good and evil, is a neat idea... on paper, if not for the fact that it was already done in the tournament itself; he had already told Dyspo that there is no such thing as justice, only survival, 20 episodes ago. The structural problems of the ToP (and the lack of coordination between the writers) rears its ugly head again.

I liked the fact that #17 keeps getting focus, even if his present characterization is inconsistent with the way he was in the Cell arc. His barrier getting cracked would have more weight if not for the fact that it already got destroyed by a weakling like Ribrianne, of all people. I disliked how the entire episode was basically one big Namek arc reference, too. I hope they do more with Freeza by the time the arc ends.
It makes sense that #17's characterization is allot more different in Super Now then it was back in the Cell ark.

This would 1st & Foremost Mainly be due to real fact of a different writing team working on him of course, the Super team seems to have a high respect for #17 which is good ~~~Compared to the Z team at the time which is hard to tell their level of respect for #17, but with how little they used #17 after the Cell Arc, I have to sadly say they might have not had much respect or ideas for him, the Z writing team.

But if we are to assume that the Super team is taking the perspective on their writing in-story, it is how much #17 has grown in what is likely in a Time frame around a Decade since the events of the Cell Arc, it would be clear both in his aging, his job as a Ranger dealing with Wild~&~Powerful animals and with that becoming a Husband and Father would Drastically Alter anyone's persona towards life. He still has a good bit of himself from the Cell Arc, but by what I have seen in Super he is much more mature, easier towards focus my guess in story with him dealing with Wild~&~Strong Animals for so long and the fact that #17 takes his time analyzing a situation using his human senses and personal perception of the situation since I still think #17 can't sense energy, which was good in Episode 119 since that was hindering the U7 warriors.

I would also not Dismiss #17's barrier either as being weak threw past battles.

Ribrianne as no Weakling with how she was written in both Episodes 102-103 taking on SSJ-Vegeta and #17 being impressed with her fighting power. Also episode 108 had a GoD of Universe 8, Liquiir, a Universe so high it was excluded from the ToP, that Liquiir was saying how impressed he was with Ribrianne, that she was on a high level of power and at the same time Goku was impressed fighting her as well. Toei was telling use well that Ribrianne was Strong, but their major missed mistake was not showing it in Goku's multi-colored hairstyles being changed, a mistake I would believe being of either communications breakdowns to tell artists to show that or maybe lack of caring by the writing staff to make that so, but just by the Words/Writing they did, Toei put great Important on her Ribrianne's power.

So in 103 when Ribrianne was Enraged due to her Friend and Fellow Warrior Kakunsa being ringed-out, her power was at a great level to smash the shield.

GoD Toppo in episode 125 was not throwing small balls of power either as well as Universe 3's Anilaza was not small ball either. Both times the Barrier's held for long enough to protect #17 in critical moments.

So while it can depend on how much power #17 is putting his his barriers, by my accounts he can't sense energy so I think with each one he is putting in a decent amount of energy into each barrier for defense that is no small ball amount. :idea:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:04 pm

Miracles wrote:I'm not interested in your head cannon. You claimed whatever TOEI and Toyotaro printed wasn't under Toriyama's power, including the differences. I showed otherwise.
The fact that the manga does things better than the anime and vice versa proves your bias statement about the anime being superior, rubbish.
Headcanon? Are you nuts? :lol:

No, I've claimed that not everything 'Toei only' is automatically bad as not everything from Toriyama is flawless as people tends to say here, that not only including Super, but DB/Z anime and manga differences.

Next time, better not skip text interpretation classes, my fellow.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:11 pm

Noah wrote:
Miracles wrote:I'm not interested in your head cannon. You claimed whatever TOEI and Toyotaro printed wasn't under Toriyama's power, including the differences. I showed otherwise.

No, I've claimed that not everything 'Toei only' is automatically bad as not everything from Toriyama is flawless as people tends to say here, that not only including Super, but DB/Z anime and manga differences.

I don't see everyone's hatred of head cannon. I just watched an episode of DBZ and both buu and gotenks used head cannon... It was a pretty good move to be honest. I'm surprised more characters don't use it.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:15 pm

Arugela wrote: don't see everyone's hatred of head cannon. I just watched an episode of DBZ and both buu and gotenks used head cannon... It was a pretty good move to be honest. I'm surprised more characters don't use it.
:lol:

You mean Mouth Cannon, right?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:22 pm

Miracles wrote:
Noah wrote:

I'm not interested in your head cannon. You claimed whatever TOEI and Toyotaro printed wasn't under Toriyama's power, including the differences. I showed otherwise.
I think you don't think your completely accurately representing, or at least applying what Toriyama is actually getting at. Toriyama provides a bare bones manuscript of plot points that Toei have to follow, however, I think differences between the anime and manga demonstrate that the outline Toriyama provides can be vague(ala, SSB KK), this means that while Toei do have to follow major plot points in the manuscript, it is up to the series director and script writers to flash out the manuscripts for each episode, meaning that how things go down between plot points isn't necessarily under Toriyama's thumb.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:32 pm

This is probably the only time since the early parts of the arc or when U9 got eradicated or the Zamasu arc where shit felt VERY serious and fucking dangerous. Like Toppo was just too fucking strong and so is Jiren. U7 just can't win. Jiren isn't tired whatsoever and is still eyeing away Ultra Blue Final Flashes. and now Toppo is a fucking God. I'm glad the series now feels like those later Boo arc days or even the final eps of GT where it feels like there's no hope and a high sense of dread. And to think this was accomplished by having FREEZA of all people being pummeled. I hope these next coming episodes feel like this or very similar. I still think Super will end its current broadcast with U7 losing or winning if Jiren allows to get beaten on some justice shit where he says, "for if he allows the eradication of another universe, that'd be despicable of me" or some shit. I hope if Vegeta goes out next episode, it's REALLY good. Or he stays in and we get Vejito. Like come on! How could these guys not believe in Vejito's power now?
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:41 pm

Noah wrote:

You outright stated the anime was better than the manga and then stated Toriyama doesn't supervise stuff.
Now you are backpedaling...Go ahead... :lol:

JazzMazz wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Noah wrote:
I think you don't think your completely accurately representing, or at least applying what Toriyama is actually getting at. Toriyama provides a bare bones manuscript of plot points that Toei have to follow, however, I think differences between the anime and manga demonstrate that the outline Toriyama provides can be vague(ala, SSB KK), this means that while Toei do have to follow major plot points in the manuscript, it is up to the series director and script writers to flash out the manuscripts for each episode, meaning that how things go down between plot points isn't necessarily under Toriyama's thumb.
When I say under "Toriyama's power," meaning, he has to approve/check it.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:47 pm

Miracles wrote:
Noah wrote:

You outright stated the anime was better than the manga and then stated Toriyama doesn't supervise stuff.

JazzMazz wrote:
Miracles wrote: I'm not interested in your head cannon. You claimed whatever TOEI and Toyotaro printed wasn't under Toriyama's power, including the differences. I showed otherwise.
For the manga definitely, but nothing suggests he has a particularly extensive involvement in the approval of plot points in the anime(After all, its the series directors and episode directors that usually go over how plot points are executed).

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:50 pm

Acetona wrote:Eh
To be honest, I'm glad Super's ending. I'm at my limit, I can't stand these stupid references anymore. Freeza came back with his eyes closed after taking the Genki Da-- oops, Hakai and... 2 seconds later, his left eye is totaly unscathed. Can't they stop this stupidity already?
You are being beyond overly critical. That is the most MINOR possible nitpick in existence that literally lasts SECONDS, and you're glad the show is ending because of it? Really?

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:51 pm

Acetona wrote:Eh
To be honest, I'm glad Super's ending. I'm at my limit, I can't stand these stupid references anymore. Freeza came back with his eyes closed after taking the Genki Da-- oops, Hakai and... 2 seconds later, his left eye is totaly unscathed. Can't they stop this stupidity already?
You know this episode must be good when people are finding shit like this to complain about. :lol:

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:52 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Noah wrote:

JazzMazz wrote: I think you don't think your completely accurately representing, or at least applying what Toriyama is actually getting at. Toriyama provides a bare bones manuscript of plot points that Toei have to follow, however, I think differences between the anime and manga demonstrate that the outline Toriyama provides can be vague(ala, SSB KK), this means that while Toei do have to follow major plot points in the manuscript, it is up to the series director and script writers to flash out the manuscripts for each episode, meaning that how things go down between plot points isn't necessarily under Toriyama's thumb.
For the manga definitely, but nothing suggests he has a particularly extensive involvement in the approval of plot points in the anime(After all, its the series directors and episode directors that usually go over how plot points are executed).
Toriyama said he checks the scripts way back when he stated he has yet to check the FT arc script.
Even in the interview from TOEI, they have to ask for changes or suggestions from Toriyama concerning his story.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:02 pm

Miracles wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Miracles wrote: You outright stated the anime was better than the manga and then stated Toriyama doesn't supervise stuff.

Toriyama said he checks the scripts way back when he stated he has yet to check the FT arc script.
Even in the interview from TOEI, they have to ask for changes or suggestions from Toriyama concerning his story.
Could you link the interview for that former statement?

Also, again, outside of when they want to make changes to the manuscript(the main plot points), I don't think Toriyama necessarily has a major hand in how things turn out in the anime since there are multiple other levels which are responsible for that kind of thing.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:12 pm

Can we talk about how cool the arena and the sky looks now? Thank god that puke green is finally gone. The purplish nebula looks so much nicer, and all the debris of the ring floating around without any gravity adds to that surreal feeling, like they're fighting in the middle of space or something.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:13 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
Miracles wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: For the manga definitely, but nothing suggests he has a particularly extensive involvement in the approval of plot points in the anime(After all, its the series directors and episode directors that usually go over how plot points are executed).

Also, again, outside of when they want to make changes to the manuscript(the main plot points), I don't think Toriyama necessarily has a major hand in how things turn out in the anime since there are multiple other levels which are responsible for that kind of thing.
[spoiler]Next up in Dragon Ball Super, adult Trunks will be putting in his first appearance in a long time! I put together this story based on a suggestion from the editorial office. Like last time, I write an outline of the entire plot, then the script writers break it up into episodes, expanding on things, changing things around, or adding in new bits as need be.

Despite being so strong, Trunks barely escapes from the future with his life.

The future was supposed to be at peace, so what in the world could have happened!?

And what about this foe too strong even for Trunks to handle, Goku Black!? (Well, you can probably imagine what he’s like just based off the name)

It’s the start of a battle that surpasses time and space, and drags in the God of Destruction, Kaiōshin, even the Omni-King! Many mysteries will be revealed!

There’s some confusing bits with time changing here and there, but just bear with me. It should definitely turn out to be a fun story!

Even I haven’t checked the final script yet.

Let’s enjoy this together (laughs)!!

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/fu ... all-super/[/spoiler]

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:16 pm

Asura wrote:Can we talk about how cool the arena and the sky looks now? Thank god that puke green is finally gone. The purplish nebula looks so much nicer, and all the debris of the ring floating around without any gravity adds to that surreal feeling, like they're fighting in the middle of space or something.

I Completely agree with that View on the New Look for the Arena and Sky! :thumbup:

As soon as I saw the Sky and how they fought among the Rubble I got EPIC Feelings and Flashes of Classic EPIC Galactic Battles and Wars from classic animes, movies, shows and Sci-Fi overall. Honestly it Uped the excitement for me may times over and IMO the arena rubble fighting arena was a Much Welcomed change cause the Ring was getting boring after awhile.

The Purple Nebula Sky was Magnificent wit its Stars which added Greatly to the EPIC Galactic Battle Homage! 8) :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:28 pm

Miracles wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Miracles wrote: Toriyama said he checks the scripts way back when he stated he has yet to check the FT arc script.

[spoiler]Next up in Dragon Ball Super, adult Trunks will be putting in his first appearance in a long time! I put together this story based on a suggestion from the editorial office. Like last time, I write an outline of the entire plot, then the script writers break it up into episodes, expanding on things, changing things around, or adding in new bits as need be.

Despite being so strong, Trunks barely escapes from the future with his life.

The future was supposed to be at peace, so what in the world could have happened!?

And what about this foe too strong even for Trunks to handle, Goku Black!? (Well, you can probably imagine what he’s like just based off the name)

It’s the start of a battle that surpasses time and space, and drags in the God of Destruction, Kaiōshin, even the Omni-King! Many mysteries will be revealed!

There’s some confusing bits with time changing here and there, but just bear with me. It should definitely turn out to be a fun story!

Even I haven’t checked the final script yet.

Let’s enjoy this together (laughs)!!

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/fu ... all-super/[/spoiler]
Eh, what he means by that still seems pretty vague to me, and even then, it pretty much demonstrates what I've been saying about the anime staff having a bit of creative freedom.