Was Hakai! Toppo really G.o.D level?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Was Hakai! Toppo really G.o.D level?

Post by shadd21 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:43 pm

[spoiler]I mean he flat out jobbed to Vegeta who’s still far below Beerus.[/spoiler]

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Was Hakai! Toppo really G.o.D level?

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:45 pm

shadd21 wrote:[spoiler]I mean he flat out jobbed to Vegeta who’s still far below Beerus.[/spoiler]
You haven’t seen the episode, as toppo did not job to vegeta. Toppo was far above vegeta at first, and then vegeta gain a boost in power by thinking of his family and his promise to canna, and even then, vegeta resorted to the final explosion, that almost killed him.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:46 pm

Yes. Vegeta surpassed him for a moment, that's all.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:09 pm

Considering Toppo survived the attack and if this was a normal fight outside a tournament he'd still be in the fight...yes? Toppo wasn't killed.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:11 pm

Yes. Vegeta just surpassed him.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:21 pm

Basically vegeta and toppo Are both G.o.D level

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:02 pm

Much of this episode didn't make sense. It had possibly one of the lowest quality amounts, in my opinion, for a good number of reasons like the even more blatantly in your face haphazard stratal power reactions and much of the choreography being comprised of generic energy blasts. I was getting reminded of GT quite a number of times throughout this episode.

Is Toppo Hakaishin tier? No, not in my opinion, at least. He was never close to Hakaishin tier. I think he's proven himself to be stronger than the best this tournament has to tournament outside of Jiren, Kefla, and Ultra Instinct Goku; so his positioning could be nestled somewhere between SSJBKKx20 Goku/new blue Vegeta and the Hakaishin.
Last edited by Lionel on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:10 pm

He's not a true Hakaishin if someone like Vegeta can beat him with BS asspull pride speech buffs. Sorry Toppo is overrated. Honestly this is probably worse than the SSJ Ikari Spirit Sword Trunks fiasco. This was a new low for Dragon Ball.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:22 pm

Yes toppo is hakaishin tier, no debate there. Vegeta is just very fucking strong now. People need to know that dbs is ending soon so they have to rush things, even power ups. Its not our fouls that this episode didn’t explain much

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:19 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
shadd21 wrote:[spoiler]I mean he flat out jobbed to Vegeta who’s still far below Beerus.[/spoiler]
You haven’t seen the episode, as toppo did not job to vegeta. Toppo was far above vegeta at first, and then vegeta gain a boost in power by thinking of his family and his promise to canna, and even then, vegeta resorted to the final explosion, that almost killed him.
Toppo was on the offense and Vegeta was on the defence and still managed to keep up and block some shots, when he started to attack fuled by his motivation, he had the upper hand, Vegeta was definitely a tiny bit stronger than Toppo overall. And who said Veget'a new form is that far below Beerus?

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:23 am

Amir wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Toppo was on the offense and Vegeta was on the defence and still managed to keep up and block some shots, when he started to attack fuled by his motivation, he had the upper hand, Vegeta was definitely a tiny bit stronger than Toppo overall. And who said Veget'a new form is that far below Beerus?
I believe vegeta would give beerus a good fight, I did not say otherwise

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:33 am

People oversell how powerful Gods of Destruction are, and how powerful Beerus is honestly.

Beerus could probably beat Goku and Vegeta still (though maybe not UI Goku). But I highly doubt he could beat them both fighting him at the same time. Heck, that's implied to be the case in Resurrection of F, when they both only had SSB.

Toppo was definitely God of Destruction-tier. Vegeta just happens to also be around that level now.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:58 am

It is stated in ep 125 that Toppo is no different than a GoD. So yes he is at the GoD level.

And Vegeta surpassed GoD Toppo, as the title of the episode implies.

ulitmax999

Post by ulitmax999 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:15 am

Toppo is G.o.D level? Cant even eliminate a single scrub.

He might as well go fight against Roshi or Tien, Who knows? Maybe he will still lose.

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:40 am

So People are flipping because Vegeta surpassed a Hakaishin tier opponent. I wonder What your reactions will be when Ultra instinct Goku will match an opponent who's stronger than a Hakaishin ( Fully powered Jiren). Are you gonna still be in denial and say Beerus is worlds ahead of them ? Right now we don't where current Goku and Vegeta stack up to Beerus because they have much gotten stronger in the TOP.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:45 am

Toppo was stated to be no different than any other God of Destruction. Yes, and both Vegeta and SSB Kaioken Goku are above him. Beyond Blue Vegeta=SSB Kaiokenx20 Goku>God of Destruction Toppo.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:59 am

Yes, but I think he was low GoD level considering he was new and didn't master his powers yet.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:07 am

Was Toppo at the level the other Hakaishin were? I think not, despite his showing.

While Vegeta may have beaten a new Hakaishin and not a Hakaishin that's been around 75 million years like Beerus, but he still has much more left in the tank, as seen in the NEP. I think it's safe to say by the time Super ends, Vegeta would have surpassed Hakaishin level.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:46 am

Beerus is still stronger than toppo. Can you imagine beerus using the energy of destruction like that? Beerus uses his own power and doesn't hakai spam. I'm sorry but literally nothing about toppo made me think he was stronger than other gods of destruction..

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:36 am

If Toppo was taken out by a Blue Vegeta does that mean he's weaker than Kefla who was taken out by an UI Goku ?

I know vegeta got a power boost but it couldn't have been on an UI level could it ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.