What do you want from Goku's upcoming teased UI mastered transformation?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

What do you want from Goku's upcoming teased UI mastered transformation?

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:55 am

As the thread title asks. What do you guys want from it? I'll go first

I really hope they make Goku's UI Omen transformation (shirtless UI Goku) the most epic thing ever (before Super sadly ends).

I want it to be a greater more epic moment then when Goku went SS for the first time on Namek.

Once that "something awful" happens to Goku, that the promo material teased that would drive Goku to transform, I want Goku to just loose it and start powering up with every fiber of his being like his first SSJ transformation on Namek. I want to see Goku just powering up for several minutes. Really build it up and nail it.

I want Goku's UI Omen transformation to change the environment more then Toppo did episode 125.

I want Goku's UI Omen transformation to scare all the gods out of their minds.

I want there to be a new epic musical theme for Goku's UI Omen transformation that's melodic but sounds almost sinister too, like, "this is what we have all been waiting to see and now it's here, Goku ain't playing around no more and is here to take names."

I want the music playing to also have a feeling of triumph, like Goku finally did it. UI Omen Goku is here and despite the overwhelming odds he's going to take on Jiren head on, and rise to the occasion.

I really hope Toriyama and Toei nail it. It has to be one of the most important things left in Super. Everyone wants shirtless UI Goku vs Jiren. To end Super on the highest note possible they need to NAIL Goku's ominously forshadowed UI Omen transformation, and they need to NAIL UI Omen Goku vs Jiren 1 vs 1 for all the marbles. I'm hoping for all the best!

Legendary Son Goku coming out on top and over coming the odds all on his own, like Goku did against Frieza on Namek. Goku has a habit of surprising and over coming the odds: )
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: What do u want from Goku's upcoming teased UI Omen Transformation? (The last transformation you will ever see in Sup

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:57 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:As the thread title asks. What do you guys want from it?
What!? Are there more transformations to come!? And let me guess... For a Saiyan!? :crazy:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

emperior
I Live Here

Re: What do u want from Goku's upcoming teased UI Omen Transformation? (The last transformation you will ever see in Sup

Post by emperior » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:22 am

I hope it will be epic and tense. Let Goku's life flash before his eyes, have him remember all the hard challenges he's ever had and all his main battles. Then, have Goku think that it can't be over like that, as he still has a long way before becoming the strongest and can't lose like that. His motivation to never lose would then trigger his body to finally completely defend and attack on its own - basically as if Goku's body overcomes his weakened mind to beat Jiren and let him and U7 live.
But more then the transformation scene being epic, I want the fighting that comes afterward to be on a whole another level of epicness. It has all the potential to be the best fight in the story of Dragon Ball.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:22 am

Grimlock wrote:
What!? Are there more transformations to come!? And let me guess... For a Saiyan!? :crazy:
You dont remember

The promo material from a long time ago teased a shirtless UI Goku that looked completely different to the UI Goku we saw for the first time vs Jiren and vs Kefla.

It's going to be an all new transformation for Goku. Some have callied it Omen Goku. Others limit breaker Goku. Others mastered UI.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:25 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
You dont remember

The promo material from a long time ago teased a shirtless UI Goku that looked completely different to the UI Goku we saw for the first time vs Jiren and vs Kefla.

It's going to be an all new transformation for Goku. Some have callied it Omen Goku. Others limit breaker Goku. Others mastered UI.
Ten bucks says there is not going to be any further transformation and it's just the community going wild with assumptions yet again :lol:

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:30 am

Saturnine wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
You dont remember

Ten bucks says there is not going to be any further transformation and it's just the community going wild with assumptions yet again :lol:
Err what? The OFFICIAL promo material showed It. Its going to happen.

Can someone post it here? I don't know how to post pics/videos
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:35 am

Just compare the Goku UI we have seen up to this point, to the shirtless UI Goku they teased a while ago. Night and day. It's a transformation.

Shirtless UI Goku (or Omen Goku) has much different hair (like how SSJ2 was compared to SS1) and Omen Goku has completely different aura. It's a new transformation that digs deeper into the well of UI.

t0ffe3m4n
Beyond Newbie

Post by t0ffe3m4n » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:33 am

I took 'Omen' to just be a more mastered/controlled form of UI.. it won't be anything special.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:40 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:You dont remember

I didn't any difference between that poster and Ultra Instinct itself. So as far as we can tell, that poster was teasing Ultra Instinct, no other form.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Grimlock wrote:

I didn't any difference between that poster and Ultra Instinct itself. So as far as we can tell, that poster was teasing Ultra Instinct, no other form.
I don't know how to even respond to this in the way I truly want to.

You dont see the much different hair (much spiker hair like SS2 was to SS1)

You don't see the totally different aura.

Never mind the fact that Goku is shirtless. Tell me when Goku was shirtless in his UI fights against Jiren or Kefla?

Is this just a case of upset Vegeta fans downplaying that Goku WILL get a transformation that blows everything away. I have no idea what's going on here. Let me pre-empt this by saying, If you are a Vegeta fan, be happy about Episode 126. Vegeta already had his moment. I was happy for Vegeta too. Now its about Goku. No one should start trying to downplay other characters because they are mad that Vegeta isnt the center of spotlight again.

How can anyone deny the promo material? How can anyone deny that it's a transformation? It was confirmed Goku got a power boost from UI. UI is both a technique and a transformation. It was a transformation for Goku. Already confirmed.

The difference between SSJ2 to SS1 was hair and aura....the same exact differences between UI phase 1 Goku, and shirtless UI Omen Goku.

It absolutely will be another transformation for Goku. Think of shirtless UI Omen Goku as the SSJ2 to UI phase 1......Think Goku's epic UI Omen transformation being like Gohan's SS2 transformation
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:45 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Grimlock wrote:

I don't know how to even respond to this in the way I truly want to.

You dont see the much different hair (much spiker hair like SS2 was to SS1)

You don't see the totally different aura.

Never mind the fact that Goku is shirtless. Tell me when Goku was shirtless in his UI fights against Jiren or Kefla?

Is this just a case of upset Vegeta fans downplaying that Goku WILL get a transformation that blows everything away. I have no idea what's going on here. Let me pre-empt this by saying, If you are a Vegeta fan, be happy about Episode 126. Vegeta already had his moment. Now its about Goku. Dont start trying to downplay otherr characters because you are mad that Vegeta isnt the center of spotlight again.

How can anyone deny the promo material? How can anyone deny that it's a transformation? It was confirmed Goku got a power boost from UI. UI is both a technique and a transformation. It was a transformation for Goku. Already confirmed.

The difference between SSJ2 to SS1 was hair and aura....the same exact differences between UI phase 1 Goku, and shirtless UI Omen Goku.

It absolutely will be another transformation for Goku. Think of shirtless UI Omen Goku as the SSJ2 to UI phase 1......Think Goku's epic UI Omen transformation being like Gohan's SS2 transformation
.....you some how manage to always try and throw shade at Vegeta and his fans even when he has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. This absolutely blows my mind.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:48 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:You dont see the much different hair
No. It's the same messy hair to me.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:You don't see the totally different aura.
Auras in promotional materials are not always meant to be taken seriously. They generally don't mean anything other than making the person engulfed by it "cooler". Take Dragon Ball Heroes as an example, there are a lot of cards in there where Saiyans appear with lightnings, but they aren't in Super Saiyan 2 form. That's just how the illustrator wanted the character to appear.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Never mind the fact that Goku is shirtless. Tell me when Goku was shirtless in his UI fights against Jiren or Kefla?
Why do you treat a person without shirt as if it was a transformation or something!? :crazy: Wearing a shirt or not mean nothing at all.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:How can anyone deny the promo material?
I'm not denying anything, but "promotional" is, by default and definition, just a piece of merchandising meant to tease the viewer and they are not always accurate/supposed to represent the real deal.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:the same exact differences between UI phase 1 Goku, and shirtless UI Omen Goku.
Stop making up stuff. :lol: And again, pulling out shirt or any other piece of an outfit is not a transformation in Dragon Ball.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:04 pm

Grimlock wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:You dont see the much different hair
No. It's the same messy hair to me.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:You don't see the totally different aura.
Auras in promotional materials are not always meant to be taken seriously. They generally don't mean anything other than making the person engulfed by it "cooler". Take Dragon Ball Heroes as an example, there are a lot of cards in there where Saiyans appear with lightnings, but they aren't in Super Saiyan 2 form. That's just how the illustrator wanted the character to appear.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Never mind the fact that Goku is shirtless. Tell me when Goku was shirtless in his UI fights against Jiren or Kefla?
Why do you treat a person without shirt as if it was a transformation or something!? :crazy: Wearing a shirt or not mean nothing at all.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:How can anyone deny the promo material?
I'm not denying anything, but "promotional" is, by default and definition, just a piece of merchandising meant to tease the viewer and they are not always accurate/supposed to represent the real deal.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:the same exact differences between UI phase 1 Goku, and shirtless UI Omen Goku.
Stop making up stuff, dude. :lol: And again, pulling out shirt or any other piece of an outfit is not a transformation in Dragon Ball.
So this:

Looks the exact same to you as this:

If you are truly being serious then....then i don't even know what to say.

The differences in hair and aura are like the differences we saw between SSJ2 and SSJ1

SSJ1:

SSJ2:

I'm sure others also thought that SSJ2 was the same as SSJ, and just a "difference of art/lighting" ?

I can't wait to come back to this thread after Goku's transformation episode airs.

Toppo and Whis both noted how every time Goku got UI, he was stronger then the last time he got it

Think of Jiren as phase 1

Think of Kefla as phase 2

When Goku hits phase 3 it's gonna be a whole other level and a new transformation. Think of it as the SSJ2 version of UI.
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:11 pm

Even if you happen to be correct at the end of the day, it wouldn't be another transformation. Just Goku with another aura but the transformation is essentially the same with a slight change in hair (which I really don't see it that much). It would be pretty much the same as Vegeta's new power-up. It's still Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, just because his eyes slightly changed and he got a little bit more shiny doesn't mean it's a whole new transformation.

~ Day of the Machines ~

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:21 pm

I want Ultra Instinct -Sign- Goku to get his Dokkan Awakening in Dokkan Battle so I can finally use a Realm of Gods team at 150/170% boost! :thumbup:

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:25 pm

Grimlock wrote:Even if you happen to be correct at the end of the day, it wouldn't be another transformation. Just Goku with another aura but the transformation is essentially the same with a slight change in hair (which I really don't see it that much). It would be pretty much the same as Vegeta's new power-up. It's still Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, just because his eyes changed and he got more a little bit more shiny doesn't mean it's a whole new transformation.

Also, that last PNG image you posted is Super Saiyan, not Super Saiyan 2.
"A slight change in hair" was the same difference to illustrate SSJ2 over SSJ1

The shirtless UI Goku pic
(As seen again here)
Has much spiker fuller hair.

That's a new transformation. Plus look at the radically different aura. SSJ2 only had electricity in aura as a difference between SSJ1

There's even greater differences between shirtless UI Omen Goku and normal UI Goku, then there ever was between SSJ2 and SSJ1

Also, please pay attention here

When Goku first went UI, it was confirmed as a transformation for Goku. Think of UI Omen Goku as the SSJ2 version of UI. SSJ2 was a new transformation too (think teen Gohan)

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:31 pm

I have to agree that it is still Ultra Instinct Goku but a mastered version. Think of UI Goku as False Super Saiyan Goku from the Lord slug movie. This Mastered Ultra Instinct would be the true form of Ultra instinct. Just like Super Saiyan was the mastered version of that false super saiyan that he had in the lord slug movie. In the end it is still Ultra Instinct just that possibly goku will have learned the attacking version of UI.

8bitdee
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 8bitdee » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:04 am

There is no new transformation. What the poster teased is UI, and we got it.

The argument that the hair is spikier in the promo thus it's a new transformation from what we saw is ridiculous, but I'll indulge those who argue "spikier hair=TOTALLY something new."

Here is your spikier Goku, from past episodes.

As you can see, the thick side bangs are all standing up (and not pointing down like normal base Goku) just like in the promo. The extra red aura in the promo probably just means he's mastered it so that he's not exerting so much energy. As Whis pointed out, Goku was exerting so much heat during his fight with Jiren, pretty much to tell the audience that it was not mastered yet. What we see in the poster is just the controlled version of it.

There's no new transformation.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:25 am

rs_chaosmaster wrote:I have to agree that it is still Ultra Instinct Goku but a mastered version. Think of UI Goku as False Super Saiyan Goku from the Lord slug movie. This Mastered Ultra Instinct would be the true form of Ultra instinct. Just like Super Saiyan was the mastered version of that false super saiyan that he had in the lord slug movie. In the end it is still Ultra Instinct just that possibly goku will have learned the attacking version of UI.
There is nothing to agree or disagree about. This isnt subjective. Its a FACT that the "UI Goku" they teased IS DIFFERENT to the UI Goku we have seen so far. People in this thread are in serious denial. The UI Goku they teased is NOT the UI Goku we got

But I like how I created a thread asking what people wanted out of UI Omen Goku, and instead its turned into "bu but not a transformation"....goodness.

Aslo there are no 2 parts of UI. Offense and defense. Thats been another huge misconception. UI encompasses both offense and defense. There is no such thing as "offensive UI." Some will be better at offense. Some will be better at defense. Whis said Goku's attacks werent as strong because he was still thinking. Thats what that was. Too many are trying to create their own head canon. When Goku transforms into UI Omen, Goku will get a boost across the board. UI is both a technique and a tranformation for Goku.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:48 am

8bitdee wrote:
The argument that the hair is spikier in the promo thus it's a new transformation from what we saw is ridiculous, but I'll indulge those who argue "spikier hair=TOTALLY something new."

Here is your spikier Goku, from past episodes.

As you can see, the thick side bangs are all standing up (and not pointing down like normal base Goku) just like in the promo. The extra red aura in the promo probably just means he's mastered it so that he's not exerting so much energy. As Whis pointed out, Goku was exerting so much heat during his fight with Jiren, pretty much to tell the audience that it was not mastered yet. What we see in the poster is just the controlled version of it.

There's no new transformation.
Are you trolling me? In every pic you posted, the frame cuts off Goku's hair.

In none of the pics you posted is Goku's hair as spikey and full as UI Omen Goku.

Look at it from the back too

UI Omen Goku has a completely different hair style.

Where "begginers UI Goku" is basically just the hair style of base Goku (with pupils and aura) ...tranformed OMEN Goku's hair is all sticking up and very spikey. UI Omen Goku has more the hair style of SS. The UI Goku we have seen so far is just base hair Goku

Anyone seriously saying that Omen Goku is not a transformation is basically saying SS2 was not a transformation either

"SS2 is not a real transformation. Its just the mastered state of Super Saiyan. Look,here are pics of SS1 with spiky hair therefore SS2 with 'spikier' hair is not a real thing. SS2 doesnt exist. Its just Super Saiyan"

See how ridicilous that is. Yet thats what you people.are doing with UI

At this point, I'm truly wondering if you people are trolling me, just arguing for the sake of it, or are Vegeta fans trying to downplay Goku's new form.

Here let me try to make it easier for you

You called it "mastered UI"...Exactly. "mastered UI" IS the new form for Goku. Some want to call it Omen Goku. Others limit breaker. It doenst matter. The point is, Goku WILL tranform into it and it WILL give Goku the boosts of a new transformation.

And regardless this thread is about what you want from Omen Goku, so at least try to stay on topic and post how you would want Goku's UI Omen form to be like