"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lek » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:48 am

Regarding the difficulty in story mode:
While the first playthrough was really boring, except for the cutscenes, I've finished all stories on hard mode yesterday and oh boy, at around level 75 I really got my butt kicked a couple of times. The old put 'em in a corner and dragon rush them to death won't work on higher level enemies at all (which I'm glad about).

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:31 am

FoolsGil wrote:Something I hope gets added to an upcoming patch: At the loading screen where we see the headshots of all the fighters, If you press L1, your second picked fighter goes out first, and with L2 your third picked fighter goes out first. cvs2 does that.
This is already a thing, just hold that assist button.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:05 am

Quebaz wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Something I hope gets added to an upcoming patch: At the loading screen where we see the headshots of all the fighters, If you press L1, your second picked fighter goes out first, and with L2 your third picked fighter goes out first. cvs2 does that.
This is already a thing, just hold that assist button.
I tried it three times and it never happened....
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:20 am

So what are people's opinion on FighterZ's story?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:31 am

Olympian wrote:Is there a list of characters who are currently being used in teams the most?

Knowing the enemy is a step up for online play.
Personally I’ve been maining Blue Goku and Goku Black with a rotating third (can’t seem to find someone I love using in that spot yet). Pretty much any of the Goku or Vegeta characters are what I play against mostly. I have read that Cell is overpowered and a lot of the top players are using him.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:40 am

majinwarman wrote:So what are people's opinion on FighterZ's story?
I liked the story, although I'd have preferred a more flashed out story mode vs three small ones, which in the end didn't really feel complete to me. It did manage to surprise me though - they took a couple of turns that I did not see coming.

Regarding the gameplay however, it lacked a lot. The fact that not the whole roster appears as clones really limits the variation of fights. I can only assume that they didn't have the time/money to create unique dialogues for all combinations of characters. Other than that, there's not reason for this seemingly arbitrary limitation.
Also, hard mode was a lot more fun than regular story mode and I wish it would've been available from the beginning.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:40 am

The S wrote: I tried it three times and it never happened....
https://twitter.com/MeatyLearner509/sta ... 5180971009

I tested it with my cousin, it has to work.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:01 am

Lek wrote: Also, hard mode was a lot more fun than regular story mode and I wish it would've been available from the beginning.
There's a hard mode??

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:02 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: There's a hard mode??
When you've finished story mode, select new game and you can switch to hard mode. From that point you can continue either your progress in regular or in hard mode.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:09 am

Lek wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote: There's a hard mode??
When you've finished story mode, select new game and you can switch to hard mode. From that point you can continue either your progress in regular or in hard mode.
Wow I never knew that. Like you said I wish that was from the beginning; the story mode was waaaaay too easy.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:17 pm

I believe Cell Games Gohan is also absent on the story right?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:23 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:I believe Cell Games Gohan is also absent on the story right?
Yup. So is Future Trunks, though clones of Trunks are enemies.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:28 pm

I don't like the endless clone battles, but any original story is a breath of fresh air. I haven't completed it yet but I'm enjoying the rashomon storytelling they're doing.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:03 pm

Finished the story in hard mode and only lost one fight cause i had one character selected, cause i wanted to lvl him up quicker. Other than the last fight against #21 it was too easy. I've put that "lvl up" accessory for the opponent and it didn't really do anything harder. Double jump backwards and dash makes you unstoppable in this game against the ai.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:05 pm

While the story isn't anything to crow about, I really like the cutscenes that pop up depending on whom your team is comprised of. I particularly liked the one with Frieza and Goku - their conversation is spot on and could just as well be canon if they ever stopped to talk to one another.

The spirit plot line may sound cringe-worthy for some, but my 8-year old nephew was jumping up and down as he played. He found it a LOT more interesting than Xenoverse 2's. And when certain somebodies joined the team, and he had good guys and bad guys in his party working together, he was ecstatic.

I'm indifferent to somewhat disapproving of #21. While her design is pretty well-done, her character (at least in the two first arcs) leaves a LOT to be desired. I have yet to play the third arc (I hear it works on her pretty well), so I can't be 100% sure yet.

Frieza and Cell have been spot-on. Of all the characters in the story, they're the ones who really stand out and act like their canon personas. Their voice actors (in the US dub) are also amazing. The one who does Frieza is exceptionally good and makes Chris Ayes' retirement a much, much less bitter pill to swallow.

The clone fights repetition can hurt, especially if you play the story mode non-stop and don't take a break in order to play something else (i.e. Monster Hunter World), but the amazing gameplay more than makes up for it.
IM21 wrote:Finished the story in hard mode and only lost one fight cause i had one character selected, cause i wanted to lvl him up quicker. Other than the last fight against #21 it was too easy. I've put that "lvl up" accessory for the opponent and it didn't really do anything harder. Double jump backwards and dash makes you unstoppable in this game against the ai.
I seriously need to work on my training then because I'm in the middle of Arc #2 in Normal difficulty and the CPU is beginning to give me a really hard time. Start losing a teammate or two in the fight.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:00 pm

[
IM21 wrote:Finished the story in hard mode and only lost one fight cause i had one character selected, cause i wanted to lvl him up quicker. Other than the last fight against #21 it was too easy. I've put that "lvl up" accessory for the opponent and it didn't really do anything harder. Double jump backwards and dash makes you unstoppable in this game against the ai.
I seriously need to work on my training then because I'm in the middle of Arc #2 in Normal difficulty and the CPU is beginning to give me a really hard time. Start losing a teammate or two in the fight.[/quote]

Just put some "regeneration health" items on your characters and you'll be fine. Also, try not to switch too much, cause that way your top 3 guys will be at a high level and you should not have problem defeating the opponents.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:21 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Olympian wrote:Is there a list of characters who are currently being used in teams the most?

Knowing the enemy is a step up for online play.
Personally I’ve been maining Blue Goku and Goku Black with a rotating third (can’t seem to find someone I love using in that spot yet). Pretty much any of the Goku or Vegeta characters are what I play against mostly. I have read that Cell is overpowered and a lot of the top players are using him.
Yeah, I mean, outside Gokus and Vegetas because you know those are always picked up.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yet_HkmcFIs

So, anyone playing Yamcha can laid me out the benefits of his Kamehameha compared to the others (Gokus, Kuririn)? I notice the startup is slower but how about hitframe damage and safety? Are they all about the same?

I notice that in 90% of high play his Kame wave is hardly used.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:52 pm

Making a texture mod based on the Full Color Manga. Only issue is that I can't set a different color for Gohan's wristbands (the UV is shared with the belt and overlaps) and Trunks' belt (overlaps with the sword holder). Hoping I can get a fix for that.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Xehanort

Post by Xehanort » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:53 pm

I already have 80% of the trophies, almost there! Looking forward to platinum the game soon :D

"My Power Level is 530,000: World Match – Acquire 530,000 BP."

Well, at least I tried :(
"I think it's only fair that I should warn you guys. You dont stand a chance against me.", Future Trunks