Shirtless Vegeta = Vegito

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krillin1994
Regular

Shirtless Vegeta = Vegito

Post by Krillin1994 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:16 pm

So the Vegito look in the Buu arc didn't have armour since Vegeta wasn't wearing any for that arc.

In the fight against Zamasu Vegeta lost his armour before fusing and the classic vegito outfit returned with Vegito.

Could it be that they've destroyed Vegeta's armour again for the ease of the classic Vegito design?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Shirtless Vegeta = Vegito

Post by Chuquita » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:19 pm

I think so. They set a precedent with it in the previous arc. I'm expecting Vegetto to show up now that Vegeta's lost his shirt again. Only thing Vegetto'd be missing is his gloves.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Toriyama didn't want Vegito back during the Zamasu arc, in fact he planned for two Super Saiyan Blue to take turns fighting Fused Zamasu. He only added him because Vegito is one of the most popular characters in the franchise. And even then, the Potara retcon hinders the chances of seeing Vegito again in the future. Let us assume that Vegito does arrive in the Tournament of Power... how long would his fusion last if he went Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x20 or even Ultra Instinct? 20 seconds? Maybe even less.

And Beerus will not take that risk. He's too smart for that. He has only 4 fighters left, and if Vegito loses to Jiren, then only an exhausted Frieza and 17 will remain. Champa's utter failure should serve as a reminder to Beerus. He had Caulifla and Kale fuse into Kefla, and when Kefla lost, Universe 6 was finished.

But, hey, I shouldn't underestimate the popularity of this shallow fused character as well as the producers' blatant bias for Saiyans. So, who knows. Jiren might even be stupid enough to let Goku and Vegeta fuse in front of his very eyes! (and yes i obviously know that he let Goku charge his strongest attack in the past, but there were far more than only 4 minutes left)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:32 pm

Goku has no orange shirt though. Vegetto isn't happening, plus U7 have no Potara to give, used it in the Buu arc and Gowasu gave them it in the Trunks arc.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:34 pm

Kefla wasn't introduced for no reason. Also Beerus was kinda happy that they have Potara earrings so they can keep it if something screws up.

The real question is (if Vegeta appears at all ofc) - Whether Vegito will appear BEFORE Goku mastering UI or AFTER Goku mastering UI.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Goku has no orange shirt though. Vegetto isn't happening, plus U7 have no Potara to give, used it in the Buu arc and Gowasu gave them it in the Trunks arc.

You didn't pay attention dude. After Caulifla & Kale fused there was a scene where Shin was talking something that he is glad they've also got Potara earrings.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:38 pm

Mercenary wrote:You didn't pay attention dude. After Caulifla & Kale fused there was a scene where Shin was talking something that he is glad they've also got Potara earrings.
I see, I dunno how people can remember these details lol. I was always under the allusion it was one per Kaioshin and we'd already used our two unless splitting back means the Potara becomes active again, guess I can roll with that.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Shirtless Ultra Instinct Blue Vegito. Sounds absolutely ridiculous but fuck it, I'm down. No way in hell they can salvage this arc's writing at this point, so might as well go all out with stupid flashy shit.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:19 pm

I want the fusion to happen, but i think it is unlikely at least now...

But i doubt this matters. Even if they fuse all naked probably the Vegetto's clothes will be the ones we know...

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Very unlikely. Considering we've been building toward the inevitable rematch of UI Goku and Jiren with the possibility of mastering/further evolving the form, I doubt we'll see him. I honestly think Vegeta will go out after 17, and we'll get the Goku/Jiren rematch, then maybe see what happens with Frieza

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:32 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:Shirtless Ultra Instinct Blue Vegito. Sounds absolutely ridiculous but fuck it, I'm down. No way in hell they can salvage this arc's writing at this point, so might as well go all out with stupid flashy shit.
Basically what they did with the Black arc so keep the trend going!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:28 pm

Toriyama like what's mentioned above wanted them to take turns fighting Zamasu but brought back Vegetto on Toyotarou's request so although I think it's possible, I'm leaning more towards Toriyama giving Vegeta UI and having that team fight he wanted them to have against Zamasu. Jiren having trouble fighting 2 people at once was brought up multiple times so I doubt they'll give up that advantage to fuse, all they need is to both use UI.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:21 pm

sintzu wrote:Toriyama like what's mentioned above wanted them to take turns fighting Zamasu but brought back Vegetto on Toyotarou's request so although I think it's possible, I'm leaning more towards Toriyama giving Vegeta UI and having that team fight he wanted them to have against Zamasu. Jiren having trouble fighting 2 people at once was brought up multiple times so I doubt they'll give up that advantage to fuse, all they need is to both use UI.
This.
MKCSTEALTH wrote:Very unlikely. Considering we've been building toward the inevitable rematch of UI Goku and Jiren with the possibility of mastering/further evolving the form, I doubt we'll see him. I honestly think Vegeta will go out after 17, and we'll get the Goku/Jiren rematch, then maybe see what happens with Frieza

Of course you having UI Goku in the avatar has nothing to do it at all :roll:

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:44 pm

Mercenary wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:Very unlikely. Considering we've been building toward the inevitable rematch of UI Goku and Jiren with the possibility of mastering/further evolving the form, I doubt we'll see him. I honestly think Vegeta will go out after 17, and we'll get the Goku/Jiren rematch, then maybe see what happens with Frieza

Why this response?
The guy wasn't hating or anything, he just gave his thoughts on the subject.
It's cool to have passion for your favorite character, but don't let it cloud your judgement to the point you take that kind of post as being a hate post or whatever.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:56 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Mercenary wrote:

Why this response?
The guy wasn't hating or anything, he just gave his thoughts on the subject.
It's cool to have passion for your favorite character, but don't let it cloud your judgement to the point you take that kind of post as being a hate post or whatever.

It's actually the other way round dude. His passion for his favorite character can't stand the thought that Vegeta can actually contribute to Jiren's downfall and Goku won't do it alone.

But yeah, I agree I've been kinda a jerk, so sorry about that. Maybe I've just rushed my judgement.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:58 pm

I really hope it doesn't happen, it would be such a cop out ending.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:58 pm

It’s quite clear to me that a fusion between Goku and Vegeta is NOT happening this arc. There has been way too much build up towards Goku attaining Ultra Instinct, fully mastering it, and facing Jiren one on one! Why people keep believing Vegito is coming back is beyond me.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:19 pm

Goku can't win so i mean there's nothing wrong with it lol
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:37 pm

Well, Vegeth could last seconds before in full power before defusing, but if Goku and Vegeta will see no way out, could try to fuse just for an outstanding full power Attack in order to eliminate Jiren

I really doubt final 2 will be goku and vegeta, I go with Heroes and say Goku and Frieza VS Jiren

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:41 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:Well, Vegeth could last seconds before in full power before defusing, but if Goku and Vegeta will see no way out, could try to fuse just for an outstanding full power Attack in order to eliminate Jiren

I really doubt final 2 will be goku and vegeta, I go with Heroes and say Goku and Frieza VS Jiren

People tend to forget about that cool Vegeta's episode which hasn't aired yet and it's not episode 127 so it only leaves EP's : 128, 129, 130, 131.

I am sure EP. 131 will be just the conclusion so we've got either EP. 128 or 129 or 130. That what makes me think Vegeta will survive 'till the end.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:16 pm

sintzu wrote:Toriyama like what's mentioned above wanted them to take turns fighting Zamasu but brought back Vegetto on Toyotarou's request so although I think it's possible, I'm leaning more towards Toriyama giving Vegeta UI and having that team fight he wanted them to have against Zamasu. Jiren having trouble fighting 2 people at once was brought up multiple times so I doubt they'll give up that advantage to fuse, all they need is to both use UI.
Jiren having trouble with two people wasn't brought up multiple times. Hell that was only relevant at the end of 123, which meant nothing anyway since every time we see Goku and Vegeta fight Jiren after that he's no selling their shit.