Beerus in top

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Beerus in top

Post by Hawk9211 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:34 am

So,the lazy but competent narcissist god who was barely impressed by hit's time skip and roshi is now praising everyone and everything from using rubble to trap a hakaishin to gohan fighting.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: Beerus in top

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:52 am

Would you rather be a douche to his team members like Quitela ?

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:02 am

That's what we call character development.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:12 am

ToshioWrites wrote:Would you rather be a douche to his team members like Quitela ?
Asura wrote:That's what we call character development.
I am not specifically talking about praising them.I am talking about him being impressed with things like 17's recent strategy.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:04 pm

I think perhaps Beerus is getting those lines to pad out the episode for just a couple of seconds.

I might be too cynical about it though. In fact, I also think that's the reason they cutaway to the Zenos all the time.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Elvis143BRA

Post by Elvis143BRA » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:12 pm

GamerSkull wrote:I think perhaps Beerus is getting those lines to pad out the episode for just a couple of seconds.

I might be too cynical about it though. In fact, I also think that's the reason they cutaway to the Zenos all the time.
This. The constant cuts to the espectators is to pad out the episodes. If they didn't do that then the overall animation would be worse since they would have to rush it even more. That's why I prefer an episode every 2 weeks instead of every week, or they could hire more animators to speed up the process and keep the weekly episodes.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:17 pm

I don't understand what "Beerus in top" means. Can you clarify? The thread should have an obvious and clear title.
Hawk9211 wrote:So,the lazy but competent narcissist god who was barely impressed by hit's time skip and roshi is now praising everyone and everything from using rubble to trap a hakaishin to gohan fighting.
I have to echo what others are saying: it's a nice little bit of character development for him. By really getting to know and truly watch these humans, they're in turn humanizing Beerus. There's some mutual respect going around. It's very heartwarming to see in the face of total erasure. I especially like this in light of Beerus' portrayal in Super early on, which was far more "evil" (for lack of a better phrase) than what we initially saw in Battle of Gods.
Elvis143BRA wrote:That's why I prefer an episode every 2 weeks instead of every week, or they could hire more animators to speed up the process and keep the weekly episodes.
I would recommend reading up a little bit on what's going on with this show's production. The amount of animators and especially supervisors they already have working on its is unprecedented for the franchise. Its problems are not for a lack of animators.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:00 pm

VegettoEX wrote: I have to echo what others are saying: it's a nice little bit of character development for him. By really getting to know and truly watch these humans, they're in turn humanizing Beerus. There's some mutual respect going around. It's very heartwarming to see in the face of total erasure. I especially like this in light of Beerus' portrayal in Super early on, which was far more "evil" (for lack of a better phrase) than what we initially saw in Battle of Gods.
I actually vastly preferred DBS' take on BoG Beerus. Never once in the movie did it actually show you why Beerus was this feared being beyond just being strong, we were constantly told he's super scary but the movie didn't follow up on it. Meanwhile in DBS his introduction was actually destroying something for someone that has the title of God of Destruction shows the audience why he is so feared amongst the cosmos. On top of that he was actually intimidating too in #11 his beat down on SSG Goku actually made me as the audience fearful and scared of Beerus something the movie never accomplished.

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:13 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:So,the lazy but competent narcissist god who was barely impressed by hit's time skip and roshi is now praising everyone and everything from using rubble to trap a hakaishin to gohan fighting.
Well, that's how he was introduced. Doesn't mean that's how is character has to remain. He still has that cocky side to him, I just think he understands the magnitude of the tournament, and what each fighter brings to the table as far as ensuring the survival of the Universe he is from.

Avenant
Beyond Newbie

Post by Avenant » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:42 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I don't understand what "Beerus in top" means. Can you clarify? The thread should have an obvious and clear title.
I have to echo what others are saying: it's a nice little bit of character development for him. By really getting to know and truly watch these humans, they're in turn humanizing Beerus. There's some mutual respect going around. It's very heartwarming to see in the face of total erasure. I especially like this in light of Beerus' portrayal in Super early on, which was far more "evil" (for lack of a better phrase) than what we initially saw in Battle of Gods.
I would go as far as to say that the character development in Super has been, well, super. Beerus has grown significantly along with Frieza, Vegeta, 17 and even Roshi. The former bad guys especially have received significant progression. Future Trunks even had his fair share of growth! I personally have been very satisfied with the world building and overall character development in the Super series.

I'm hoping that a continuing/subsequent series gives ample time to focus on Goku and Uub and would allow for much needed character development. It's actually a great scenario to achieve as much, I believe!
"Tell me, is it slavery if you get what you want?"

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:50 pm

The earthlings and Beerus share a common goal. They were technically working alongside each other for the benefit of survival. Under such conditions it sounds more liable that the dominant being would act more impressed by his associates' feats than the felonious assassin of his disliked brother's universe who is representing said brother's intents to rob him of his precious resource of food. All the same, it can't be denied that Beerus has grown progressively more tolerant and even respectful towards the Z cast all around. Next to Freeza and Gohan, I've found him to be one of the most interesting characters to observe in the tournament.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:39 pm

It's not so much the level of the attacks he is praising. It's the fact how his members persevere in hopeless situations. 17 is clearly outmatched in power but uses his head. Same with Gohan, coming up with a good strategy on how to deal with Dyspo. Beerus approves of his teams fighting spirit. He shouldn't be impressed by Hit's time skip, cause it's meaningless before his mighty power.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:49 pm

His survival and the survival of his universe are on the line. Obviously he's going to be more invested.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:09 am

It looks like I did not clarify it properly.I guess it has to do with writing of arc but the actual title should be how they present dumb strategies as groundbreaking.I have yet to see how invisible man,flying opponents or rubble is a sound strategy.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:56 am

Well in the first example, these fighters were just pawns in the gods games; later on, these fighters actually determine whether they live or die; of course he'll be more invested in all of the shenanigans they are doing.

I wouldn't say he was unimpressed by hit, I would say he was dismissive
:clap: