"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Mercenary » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:29 am

KenXyro has said that there's still a chance that Vegeta has just got badly wounded. However, it doesn't mean he's got eliminated because usually they use different word on elimination.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:36 am

TheOtherDude wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:More spoilers for episode 128 from Ken Xyro and YonkouProductions

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That “But” has me excited haha

Hoping he shows a glimpse of Ultra Instinct since Goku is going to Master it soon.
The "but" is probably referring to Jiren's counterattack.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:37 am

Mercenary wrote:KenXyro has said that there's still a chance that Vegeta has just got badly wounded. However, it doesn't mean he's got eliminated because usually they use different word on elimination.
Falls could be another way of saying he fails and not literary falling out but either way, Vegeta Has made his fans proud so if he goes he'll most likely leave his mark on Jiren.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:39 am

So 17 goes out in 127, while vegeta goes out in 128. They both did absolutely well, so there’s no complaints here.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:43 am

I can't see a fusion happening at this point. If 131 is about the aftermath of ToP and EoZ stuff, then we only have 2 episodes for Goku VS Jiren plus the Frieza situation. Mastered UI should be enough to take out Jiren, probably

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:44 am

So we are getting a 'Vegeta defends Goku' type of episode. Well, that's not too surprising. The soundtrac seems to have given away that Goku will win which is hardly a surprising outcome considering this is the finale of Super. Of course this episode has to come after a break! :x Edit: It comes before the break. My bad, got my numbers mixed up. :lol:

Hopefully the summaries will come out soon so people won't go too wild with speculation. Will we get a WSJ for 129 next week or will it be the week after?

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:52 am

Xeogran wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:More spoilers for episode 128 from Ken Xyro and YonkouProductions

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That “But” has me excited haha

Hoping he shows a glimpse of Ultra Instinct since Goku is going to Master it soon.
The "but" is probably referring to Jiren's counterattack.
Regardless, I’m glad he’s made it this far. Like sintzu said, people had Vegeta onthe chopping block since the beginning of the tournament. I’m glad Toei “humbled” them every weekend.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:58 am

sintzu wrote:
Mercenary wrote:KenXyro has said that there's still a chance that Vegeta has just got badly wounded. However, it doesn't mean he's got eliminated because usually they use different word on elimination.
Falls could be another way of saying he fails and not literary falling out but either way, Vegeta Has made his fans proud so if he goes he'll most likely leave his mark on Jiren.
Yeah, I hope he will at least go out with a boom like a boss and actually provide really severe damage to Jiren.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:08 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
So basically Vegeta vs Kid Boo all over again.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:12 am

Herms' translation of the spoiler:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:14 am

I’m interested in seeing how mastered UI goku vs jiren plays out. Due to being the highlight of the tournament, I don’t see it being easy for neither side.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:18 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:I’m interested in seeing how mastered UI goku vs jiren plays out. Due to being the highlight of the tournament, I don’t see it being easy for neither side.
It'd be terrible to have Goku stomp Jiren so I hope it spans two episodes from 129-130. A competitive fight

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:21 am

Jigurashi wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:I’m interested in seeing how mastered UI goku vs jiren plays out. Due to being the highlight of the tournament, I don’t see it being easy for neither side.
It'd be terrible to have Goku stomp Jiren so I hope it spans two episodes from 129-130. A competitive fight
I would personally find that hilarious. Pull a Hiei vs Bui.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:21 am

Jigurashi wrote:
That’s what I’m saying. Mostlikely they will have power on par with each other. Maybe freeza plays a part in this in order for jiren to lose. I don’t see a being who a god of destruction can’t beat, be beaten by a single person.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:24 am

HeroR wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Sure but that wasn't the big fight at the end. If that was the case here then I could find that funny lol. Hiei vs a UI was hilarious

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:35 am

Jigurashi wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: It'd be terrible to have Goku stomp Jiren so I hope it spans two episodes from 129-130. A competitive fight
Sure but that wasn't the big fight at the end. If that was the case here then I could find that funny lol. Hiei vs a UI was hilarious
Then Yusuke vs Sensui, probably one of the most anticlimax final fights in anime.
Kanassa wrote:

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:40 am

Well, this is really....predictable. I didn't expect anything different.

Anyway, that Goku will master UI in 5 minutes is an asspull, like many other random asspulls in this arc.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:46 am

HeroR wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Then Yusuke vs Sensui, probably one of the most anticlimax final fights in anime.
Yeah it was. Yusuke vs Sensui III sucked.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:51 am

Legion wrote:Well, this is really....predictable. I didn't expect anything different.

Anyway, that Goku will master UI in 5 minutes is an asspull, like many other random asspulls in this arc.
Yep, and if you got this far, you should be immune to them, especially if you got through the zamasu arc.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:53 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Legion wrote:Well, this is really....predictable. I didn't expect anything different.

Yep, and if you got this far, you should be immune to them, especially if you got through the zamasu arc.
The word 'asspull' lost all meaning since people throw it around for any power-up, even if the power-up is explained like UI, even if you don't like the explanation.
Kanassa wrote: