Vegeta will receive the Kid Boo treatment again... very original

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShinTenshin
Beyond Newbie

Re: Vegeta will receive the Kid Boo treatment again... very original

Post by ShinTenshin » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:44 am

sintzu wrote:
ShinTenshin wrote:Vegeta doesn't need to be the strongest, cause to be 2nd place suit him very well.

I really thank Toriyama for his love to Vegeta.

Gohan's fans can't be happy if he isn't the first one.
At this point in the franchise, Vegeta is by far the best handled character apart form Goku, something every Vegeta fan should be happy about.

I do as well cause Vegeta is finally Goku's equal in terms of importance and his character has come full circle.

Gohan did great in this tournament. What his fans seem to forget is he went from nothing in the previous arcs to taking down u11's 3rd main fighter along other great moments. Toriyama could've just left him on earth to "protect it" in case something happened and had Buu be in the tournament instead. That doesn't justify how bad he was written before but for this arc, he was written right.
Sadly, his best moment wasn't properly done (same with the sacrifice of C17 sacrifice) because of Toei poor work.
I'm pretty sure his fight against Toppo will be far better in the Manga.
He was very well in the Future Trunks arc of Toyotaro so i have high expectations.
He even have a new attack, something Toei seems unable to do....

And we have the next film with the Sayajins origins.
Have a movie just with the past without Goku and his era will be a big flop so i'm expecting to have a story with Goku and Vegeta as heroes with probably some flash-backs !

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:50 am

ShinTenshin wrote:
sintzu wrote:
ShinTenshin wrote:Vegeta doesn't need to be the strongest, cause to be 2nd place suit him very well.

I really thank Toriyama for his love to Vegeta.

Gohan's fans can't be happy if he isn't the first one.
At this point in the franchise, Vegeta is by far the best handled character apart form Goku, something every Vegeta fan should be happy about.

I do as well cause Vegeta is finally Goku's equal in terms of importance and his character has come full circle.

Gohan did great in this tournament. What his fans seem to forget is he went from nothing in the previous arcs to taking down u11's 3rd main fighter along other great moments. Toriyama could've just left him on earth to "protect it" in case something happened and had Buu be in the tournament instead. That doesn't justify how bad he was written before but for this arc, he was written right.
Sadly, his best moment wasn't properly done (same with the sacrifice of C17 sacrifice) because of Toei poor work.
I'm pretty sure his fight against Toppo will be far better in the Manga.
He was very well in the Future Trunks arc of Toyotaro so i have high expectations.
He even have a new attack, something Toei seems unable to do....

And we have the next film with the Sayajins origins.
Have a movie just with the past without Goku and his era will be a big flop so i'm expecting to have a story with Goku and Vegeta as heroes with probably some flash-backs !
I expect him to get more to do in the manga like a rematch with Cabba.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:55 am

For a character who we hadn't spent much time with in the recruitment phase of the arc, who didn't feel like he had something noteworthy saved up for him in the beginning of the tournament, with his push to prominence in the final phase actually feeing surprising and sudden for some people (myself included), I think an exhausted Vegeta doing everything he can but finally being taken out by Jiren literally 1 or 2 episodes before the tournament even finishes is entirely appropriate for his character and his place in the arc. Literally, at this point the only thing Vegeta wouldn't have done is defeat Jiren. And I don't even know if Goku will defeat Jiren, and he's the one who reached a new tier of power this arc.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:17 am

It really just seems like for this arc, they made Vegeta repeat all his character development and moments from Dragon ball Z Cell saga to Kid Buu and thats it. Vegeta hasn't done anything really new or developed as a character this arc.

They don't really seem to know what to do with him other than retread what he did in Z.
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:41 am

Considering what Vegeta did in Z, i say getting beat by Jiren isnt bad.

In Name saga, Vegeta got humiliated by Freeza, in android saga he got humiliated by 18, in Cell saga he got humiliated by Cell, Buu saga, he killed himself and didnt manage to kill Buu.

Vegeta throughout Z was a punching bag and constantly got his ass kicked. The only opponents he defeated were low tier mooks with 1 not being that low tier, but pretty low either way, aka Kui, Zarbon,Pui Pui and android 19. But in Super he defeated a GoD, all his other victories dont even compare. Vegeta was treated very well in Super. Only time he got shafted to his Z role in SUper was in the u6 arc, when he got wrecked by Hit just to hype Hit up.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:05 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Great post

Vegeta already got his epic farewell and big win. What more can you ask for?

Vegeta should've been eliminated long ago yet is still here.

It took him until episode 128 to finally get eliminated. There are basically giving Vegeta a SECOND epic farewell moment...and yet Vegeta fans still want more, still complain...They wanted Vegeta to beat Jiren.

Vegeta isn't the main character. Vegeta is probably the greatest treated secondary character in anime. Yet that still is never enough. This is why Super should've just focused on Gohan instead, because at least Gohan fans would've been happy with anything Gohan got. Vegeta gets like 10 countries to himself and Vegeta fans are upset and complaining that Vegeta didn't get the world
First, spare me your extremely biased comments and usually with the intention of denigrating Vegeta and his fans.

I never said that I was not satisfied with Vegeta's performance in the tournament, or that I wanted him to beat Jiren or become the protagonist.

I'm saying that TOEI did not eliminate him on EP 126 even though he had that great fight against Toppo. So that means it will still get a highlight before being eliminated (like any U7 member). So if it's going to get highlighted before it gets eliminated, we hope it's something cool.

But it simply does not make sense for him to continue in the arena only to be destroyed by Jiren without being able to give him any difficulty
Vegeta is completely out of energy. How do you expect things to go?

Vegeta is basically getting a second farewell moment. Way more then enough.

Vegeta is in some way going to contribute to Goku attaining his UI perfect traansformation. That's another big win for Vegeta
I wonder how Goku got Ultra Instinct to begin with... Maybe he exhausted all his strength as well?

It’s clear that they have more plans for Vegeta going all out in base form. It seems this next episode is going to trigger you all when it airs, because I’m sure Vegeta is going to get something similar to UI.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:25 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Vegeta IS getting eliminated. Accept it so you dont get mad when it happens. Vegeta has been treated way better then he shouldve
No. He's been treated just as well as he should have :wink:
If any group has a real reason to complain its Gohan fans. Super completely shitted all over Gohan. Gohan only got 3 mins screen time in his own elimination episode... YET Vegeta gets an epic win plus 2 epic farewells..enough is enough with complaining Vegeta fans and the annoying pro Vegeta bias in Super
Gohan actually got an entire character arc in Super - getting back to power. His showing in the ToP was also really high quality. You seem to be bothered by Vegeta getting to shine as much as he did for some reason (that reason being "hurr durr he not main character, why he treated like he was one hurr durr"). You're the one that has to accept that Vegeta's role as a walking, talking Worf Effect is long over. He no longer gets defeated like a chump because of stupid mistakes, because his character has evolved past making those.Yes, even in Dragon Ball characters can actually get better in time personality-wise and eliminate their weak points. Just because you've imprinted so much on a Vegeta who gets his ass kicked all the time, it doesn't mean Toriyama or the rest of the writers are obliged to satisfy your bias.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:32 am

sintzu wrote:Vegeta transforms back into Blue after losing his strength : "this doesn't make any sense, he shouldn't be able to use it"

Vegeta can't transform back into his blue form after losing his strength : "why are they underpowering Vegeta, he's just going to get beat up like always, they're uncreative"

This arc has (with build up from the previous ones) finally made Vegeta Goku's equal, something we've been waiting years to see but as I expected, his fans are still not happy.
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Vegeta was humiliated by Kid Boo.
That was arguably Vegeta's best showing in Z because it showed how strong of a character he was and how he was willing to do anything, including giving his life away to ensure Buu was defeated, even if he wasn't taken donw by his own hands.
I never complained about Vegeta being able to use his new transformation on EP 127 having spent all his energies on Toppo.

And if they did it on EP 127, why can not they do it again? Vegeta was already without strength on EP 126. And this is his last effort in this saga.
He should at least be able to do something in his last fight against Jiren, or be able to transform himself.

This arc made Vegeta equal to Goku? When Vegeta got his new transformation, Goku already had the UI, that is, he was above him.
And again, I'm not criticizing Vegeta's involvement in this arc, but the way it's going to be his "farewell."
If this is just like the Boo saga, then it will be disappointing to him not to be able to even give any work to Jiren in his last fight
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Great post

Vegeta already got his epic farewell and big win. What more can you ask for?

Vegeta should've been eliminated long ago yet is still here.

It took him until episode 128 to finally get eliminated. There are basically giving Vegeta a SECOND epic farewell moment...and yet Vegeta fans still want more, still complain...They wanted Vegeta to beat Jiren.

Vegeta isn't the main character. Vegeta is probably the greatest treated secondary character in anime. Yet that still is never enough. This is why Super should've just focused on Gohan instead, because at least Gohan fans would've been happy with anything Gohan got. Vegeta gets like 10 countries to himself and Vegeta fans are upset and complaining that Vegeta didn't get the world
First, spare me your extremely biased comments and usually with the intention of denigrating Vegeta and his fans.

I never said that I was not satisfied with Vegeta's performance in the tournament, or that I wanted him to beat Jiren or become the protagonist.

I'm saying that TOEI did not eliminate him on EP 126 even though he had that great fight against Toppo. So that means it will still get a highlight before being eliminated (like any U7 member). So if it's going to get highlighted before it gets eliminated, we hope it's something cool.

But it simply does not make sense for him to continue in the arena only to be destroyed by Jiren without being able to give him any difficulty

Vegeta is in some way going to contribute to Goku attaining his UI perfect traansformation. That's another big win for Vegeta
Being '' out of energy '' meant nothing to DBS. Vegeta on EP 126 spent all his energies on Toppo, but in that episode he was able to transform himself naturally.
Why can not they just do the same thing on the next EP? That's not a problem, and it's Vegeta's last effort

And Vegeta is not getting a ''second farewell moment''.

So your great victory is to serve as a ladder for Goku? Not being able to do anything to Jiren?
wolflonnie wrote:Oh come on. Vegeta, this arc, was at his best he's ever been, alongside with his role in the Black arc.
Stop whining. He used to be one of the biggest punching bags in DBZ. Have you guys forgot about it?
And Vegeta was not beaten in DBS? He had several humiliating moments
buutenks wrote:Considering what Vegeta did in Z, i say getting beat by Jiren isnt bad.

In Name saga, Vegeta got humiliated by Freeza, in android saga he got humiliated by 18, in Cell saga he got humiliated by Cell, Buu saga, he killed himself and didnt manage to kill Buu.

Vegeta throughout Z was a punching bag and constantly got his ass kicked. The only opponents he defeated were low tier mooks with 1 not being that low tier, but pretty low either way, aka Kui, Zarbon,Pui Pui and android 19. But in Super he defeated a GoD, all his other victories dont even compare. Vegeta was treated very well in Super. Only time he got shafted to his Z role in SUper was in the u6 arc, when he got wrecked by Hit just to hype Hit up.
Vegeta has already been defeated by Jiren before. If EP 128 is focused on him, then what's the point of being just another defeat, in which he is not able to give Jiren any work? This is your last fight.

And against Black, we also saw a treatment similar to that of DBZ when Vegeta was defeated by him

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:42 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:He should at least be able to do something in his last fight against Jiren.

This arc made Vegeta equal to Goku? When Vegeta got his new transformation, Goku already had the UI, that is, he was above him.
He will and I think everyone's going to love it.

Vegeta took down u11's 2nd strongest member, someone who's arguably stronger than some of the destroyers and has been standing alongside Goku since the fight with Kid Buu so for me, I can now look at Vegeta as Goku's equal even if he's not as strong because his role in the plot has been just as important.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:00 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
sintzu wrote:Vegeta transforms back into Blue after losing his strength : "this doesn't make any sense, he shouldn't be able to use it"

Vegeta can't transform back into his blue form after losing his strength : "why are they underpowering Vegeta, he's just going to get beat up like always, they're uncreative"

This arc has (with build up from the previous ones) finally made Vegeta Goku's equal, something we've been waiting years to see but as I expected, his fans are still not happy.
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Vegeta was humiliated by Kid Boo.
That was arguably Vegeta's best showing in Z because it showed how strong of a character he was and how he was willing to do anything, including giving his life away to ensure Buu was defeated, even if he wasn't taken donw by his own hands.
I never complained about Vegeta being able to use his new transformation on EP 127 having spent all his energies on Toppo.

And if they did it on EP 127, why can not they do it again? Vegeta was already without strength on EP 126. And this is his last effort in this saga.
He should at least be able to do something in his last fight against Jiren, or be able to transform himself.

And again, I'm not criticizing Vegeta's involvement in this arc, but the way it's going to be his "farewell."
If this is just like the Boo saga, then it will be disappointing to him not to be able to even give any work to Jiren in his last fight
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

TheSayianGod wrote:

So your great victory is to serve as a ladder for Goku? Not being able to do anything to Jiren?
So you did want Vegeta to get some kind of win over Jiren, and thats why youre upset.

The other posts in this thread already said it best "Vegeta fans are never satisfied"....Wasnt episode 122 enough. Vegeta even survived and went on to beat Toppo. But you still want more. You just wanted Vegeta to be the one to defeat Jiren. Thats at the root of it all. What do you honestly expect from base form Vegeta against Jiren

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:26 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:

TheSayianGod wrote:

So you did want Vegeta to get some kind of win over Jiren, and thats why youre upset.

The other posts in this thread already said it best "Vegeta fans are never satisfied"....Wasnt episode 122 enough. Vegeta even survived and went on to beat Toppo. But you still want more. You just wanted Vegeta to be the one to defeat Jiren. Thats at the root of it all. What do you honestly expect from base form Vegeta against Jiren
What? I wanted Vegeta to win Jiren? When did I say that?

Understand, what I'm saying is that this is Vegeta's last participation in this saga, so what we hope is that he uses all his power to try to defeat Jiren in his last effort and not just stay in base form being defeated without being able to do anything.

I do not want that in his last effort, Vegeta is not able to do anything against Jiren

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:30 am

Why some people talk about vegeta fans are never satisfied? This post was made by TheSayianGod
I’m ok with vegetas role in super , 0 complains. I can bear with all those comments that generalize about vegetas fans , and they show how much hatred it’s contain .
Nobody should cry about a cartoon , the purpose is entertaining.
What some people call kid boo treatment as a humiliation, in my eyes is a big help in order to win the battle , no matter if the guy who end the villain is Goku or Gohan , and is better to finish your battle with pride until the last moment knowing your fate than being hiding under the rocks , that’s vegeta , you never give up until the end , always think you’ve got a chance , a good lesson for the audience
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:32 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:

TheSayianGod wrote:

Vegeta fans just want something other than a rehash of getting Kid Buu'd. No one expected Vegeta to defeat Jiren.....we just didn't expect him to be a motivational punching bag. Vegeta should be past that at this point in his story.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:55 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Will not he even be able to use his transformation in his last fight? Is not he going to be able to give Jiren any work in his last effort?
He kept using Final Flash and his strongest form in this last episode, despite being "out of stamina."
At least Goku needed some time to recover, after his first fight against Jiren.

Next episode there will be another flashback for him again, he will most likely talk about his pride again, but Jiren will beat his plot armor.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:58 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: He kept using Final Flash and his strongest form in this last episode, despite being "out of stamina."

Next episode there will be another flashback for him again, he will most likely talk about his pride again, but Jiren will beat his plot armor.
And he will realize that Goku is #1 again, I'm gonna die of laughter if i see that.
Mostly active on discord.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:01 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Will not he even be able to use his transformation in his last fight? Is not he going to be able to give Jiren any work in his last effort?
He kept using Final Flash and his strongest form in this last episode, despite being "out of stamina."

Look who's talking.

You are Goku fan and you dare say something about plot armor

Wow, that's too much.

As for Vegeta - why I should leave my hope in the dust for him doing something cool? Because some Goku fans don't like it and want their boy to hog everything as usual?

I don't care about biased guys' opinions.

Call me delusional, I will wait 'till the end of ep.128 and hopefully Vegeta will survive somehow and contribute to Jiren's downfall later :).

Now call me a fanboy, except being a fanboy yourself. :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:03 pm

MajinVegetaPD wrote:No one expected Vegeta to defeat Jiren.....we just didn't expect him to be a motivational punching bag. Vegeta should be past that at this point in his story.
He's going to get a memory of Bulma which will most likely result in something, maybe a split second of UI so just be patient, I'm sure he'll do something before going out.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:06 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:

No, with Goku it was no different.

Soon after the fight against Kefla, Goku could barely stand. And what happened on the next EP? It simply activates the Blue. At the end of the fight he uses the Blue Kaioken and a Kamehameha after supposedly running out of energy, and is enough to destroy that '' black hole '' of U2.

The similarity in the case of Goku and Vegeta is that although the two are able to transform even after being depleted, it is emphasized that they are not yet recovered and are injured (Jiren tells Vegeta).

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:07 pm

sintzu wrote:
MajinVegetaPD wrote:No one expected Vegeta to defeat Jiren.....we just didn't expect him to be a motivational punching bag. Vegeta should be past that at this point in his story.
He's going to get a memory of Bulma which will most likely result in something, maybe a split second of UI so just be patient, I'm sure he'll do something before going out.
It's funny you mentioned that. The ending of Vegeta I would have liked to see would have been a temporary awaking of UI before he gets eliminated. Like a flash of grey eyes, something.

Not just get pounded around, think about his family and still get tossed around like a joke.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:08 pm

It's not like he's already had a fantastic treatment thus far in DBS, especially this arc. :problem: