Is it up to fans to headcanon how Goku and Vegeta can regain all their stamina in 20 seconds?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Is it up to fans to headcanon how Goku and Vegeta can regain all their stamina in 20 seconds?

Post by precita » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Super Saiyan Blue was supposed to also drain stamina, which is why Goku went Super Saiyan God again a few times in the TOP. However both Goku and Vegeta went multiple times in the tournament being pretty much knocked out and regaining all their stamina again in 20 seconds.

Vegeta is nearly as bad an offender, first Jiren completely destroyed him with a blast and left him fallen on the ground with black hair and we thought he was done. Then he became Super Saiyan Blue sparkles out of nowhere and seemingly regained all his strength. Then he did a Buu saga sacrifice against Toppo which worked and drained him of all his energy. But then at the start of this ep he immediately turned Blue again. Now at the end of this episode Jiren knocked out both Goku and Vegeta and 17's shield preventing them from falling out of the ring, but now in the preview they're in Blue forms again.

So is it up to fans to assume Goku and Vegeta somehow found away to magically recharge all their energy in 20 seconds?

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Re: Is it up to fans to headcanon how Goku and Vegeta can regain all their stamina in 20 seconds?

Post by Kanious » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:33 pm

Also Freeza is in that game of regaining stamina fast.

It just doesn't make sense and i think it's better we don't try to make sense out of it. A battle royale in 48 minutes, with many battles that had to happen simultaneously but everything shown in the anime was said to happen at different times...

better not fry our minds about it and enjoy the show. Also even for headcanon, it's hard to come up with a theory for that fast stamina recovery.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Is it up to fans to headcanon how Goku and Vegeta can regain all their stamina in 20 seconds?

Post by buutenks » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:35 pm

Bad writing, but my God is it fun to watch.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:37 pm

Bulma gathered Dragon Balls on Earth and made a wish to Shenron to speed up their Ki Recovery Time

Imagine if they actually used such excuse in the series, would be funny.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:39 pm

I really doubt they're back at full power. Jiren keeps knocking them out of their transformations. Goku went Blue against Kefla despite the peanut gallery saying he was really hurting for stamina and she smacked him right out of it.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:52 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I really doubt they're back at full power. Jiren keeps knocking them out of their transformations. Goku went Blue against Kefla despite the peanut gallery saying he was really hurting for stamina and she smacked him right out of it.
If that's the case they shouldn't be able to go Blue at all, they should both just go Super Saiyan again and cap off there.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:40 am

The writers don't care

Very end of episode 126 Beerus says " vegeta used up all his energy"

15 seconds later he's back in his bluer form and charging at jiren.

I've completely turned my brain off and given up any hope of logic/consistency in this arc and just enjoy the spectacle

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:56 am

Yeah this arc has done it constantly and really got on my nerves after the 4th time it happened. And we're gonna have at least one more time :think: :problem:

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:03 am

I'm beginning to think that the anime should be treated as an extensional grease-fest instead of the main canonical product. Yes, it technically does retain the mantle of being an "official" continuation of Toriyama's manga, but when you see how disjointed and inexplicable things are, what's the central sequence of events here? Everything is having to be portioned out to multiple writing teams who clearly don't appear to be trying to correspond enough with each for their respective episodes' content to mesh well together. The manga's rendition of Super has its fair share of problems but you can at least say that things remained cohesive. The Tournament of Power has become so jarring as of late that I'm feeling inclined to say that Toyotaro's concept of the tournament will represent the "official" rendition, in my opinion.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:08 am

Someone should make a compilation video of all the times the peanut gallery has said "X is out of stamina/energy!".

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:40 am

I don't think they regain stamina that quickly, they just keep pushing themselves really hard cause they will be erased if they don't. We saw how quicly they get knocked out of their forms now, it takes just a kick from Jiren for Goku to be back to base, that probably means that they're not using SSB to full power
Get Fucked, C_unt

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:41 am

My headcannon is that Zeno would have been bored if stamina only lasted a few minutes so the Great Priest put something in the air of the tournament stage to make sure everyone is able to stay fully powered for longer.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 am

Bad writing, but it is fun to watch lol. Seeing Goku getting his ass kicked in the Cell saga by Cell jrs just cause he was low on ki was... boring AF. Granted the reason Goku wasnt kicking their asses was so Gohan could show off his new found strength.

The Super anime doesnt make much sense, it is heavily inconsistent, but it is a blast to watch.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:54 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:I don't think they regain stamina that quickly, they just keep pushing themselves really hard cause they will be erased if they don't. We saw how quicly they get knocked out of their forms now, it takes just a kick from Jiren for Goku to be back to base, that probably means that they're not using SSB to full power
Vegeta was talking a big game but none of his attacks actually did anything. The most he managed to do was kick Jiren back during a punch flurry before they got overwhelmed again.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:06 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:I don't think they regain stamina that quickly, they just keep pushing themselves really hard cause they will be erased if they don't. We saw how quicly they get knocked out of their forms now, it takes just a kick from Jiren for Goku to be back to base, that probably means that they're not using SSB to full power
Vegeta was talking a big game but none of his attacks actually did anything. The most he managed to do was kick Jiren back during a punch flurry before they got overwhelmed again.
Exactly, it's just all bark and no bite
Get Fucked, C_unt

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:08 pm

The more Goku Black got hit, the more powerful he became.

That's the logic I'm throwing at this.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:09 pm

I'll grudgingly admit that this is GT level crap writing. Like when base Goku kept getting up again and again against Baby Vegeta. It's a truly Toei thing.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:24 pm

No headcanon here, its just bad writing, period. And it kind of takes the tension away because Vegeta/Goku basically have infinite stamina by all means. There's no point for senzu beans or Dende healing anymore because they auto recover their stamina in an instant. But, I guess they need U7 to win this tournament so thats how it is

t0ffe3m4n
Beyond Newbie

Post by t0ffe3m4n » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:42 pm

Totally clutching at straws here... but perhaps we are to believe that this is some kind of accelerated 'zenkai' stuff that we've been seeing from Goku and Vegeta throughout the tournament?

17 can be explained away easily as he's an android with 'unlimited stamina' and with Frieza we all know how persistent the guy is and is a freak of nature in his own right (plus his 'down time' periods have been a bit longer than the Saiyans anyway).
Saturnine wrote:I'll grudgingly admit that this is GT level crap writing. Like when base Goku kept getting up again and again against Baby Vegeta. It's a truly Toei thing.
When did that happen? Kid Goku went Super Saiyan 3 in their first two fights and was beaten handily both times. The only 'bad writing' you can attribute to that is how Baby was seemingly opposed to just finishing him off, particularly the second time.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:58 pm

DBS episode 67:

Zamasu turns into the universe

Goku attempts to go blue, reverts INSTANTLY and same thing happens to vegeta because they had used up all their energy prior.

Now in this arc, they use up all their energy and recover it within seconds and the worst part is that writers try to shove it down our throats
" Goku is SO exhausted" " Vegeta has NOTHING left!" and then contradict themselves 10 seconds later.

As for the point about Vegeta being all bark. In episode 127, Jiren compliments Vegeta's punch and states " I can see how you beat Toppo" which would imply vegeta is NO Weaker than he was when he fought toppo. Getting knocked out means nothing cause they pop back into it instantly.