"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:08 pm

precita wrote:Yes, most people have dropped it already. The DLC should bring back some interest but other than hardcore fans most people have moved on already.
That's... not true? Based on what exactly? The nebulous Steam numbers of simultaneous players being tossed around?

"Hype" isn't a quantifiable thing, and is a phenomenon mostly seen in the lead-up to something. Once it's a known quantity, obviously there are no more secrets or reveals or surprises, so the discussion turns to the minutia. I don't really see Kanzenshuu -- or any non-fighting game specific community or sub-forum for that matter -- really having the ability to break down said minutia, so that's not exactly a fair way to analyze the situation here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:57 pm

Lunaar wrote:I love the Xenoverse games, but I'm not about to recommend them to anybody that doesn't like Dragon Ball.
Huh... Shouldn't you recommend none Dragon Ball game to a person that doesn't like Dragon Ball? :eh:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:26 pm

I have been away from DB media for a good while, do we know anything about the DLCs? Goku Black having a base avatar but Goku/Vegeta not having it (as far as I know) makes me worried about the rumors about them being paid content being true. I know I could always just not buy them, but it makes me sad that two slots are wasted into them. Well, as long as Roshi makes the cut I will be happy.

Another question, is it true that the Blues have a combined special that uses 7 bars? Anyone could show it to me?

Apart from that, this is more of an opinion thing, but is anyone else dissapointed with Blugeta? I really want to use him alongside Black (and Kid Buu/Frieza, still have not decided which one I prefer even after all this time) but I just find normal Vegeta "better" for the way I play. I'm not sure what is it, but I just have a harder time using him.
Grimlock wrote:
Lunaar wrote:I love the Xenoverse games, but I'm not about to recommend them to anybody that doesn't like Dragon Ball.
Huh... Shouldn't you recommend none Dragon Ball game to a person that doesn't like Dragon Ball? :eh:
FighterZ is so insanely fun that I don't see why you shouldn't. I have recommended it to three people, one of them being a complete casual with fighting games and other that doesn't play videogames at all, and they all loved despite not knowing about Dragon Ball to the point of buying it. XV2 completely failed with that. I also managed to get another person back into DB with FighterZ (I swear her comments on Goku Black were just priceless). It being a competitive fighting game with so unique character playstyles already makes it more likely to certain people to like it despite not liking DB. It's a game that can be enjoyed by more people. The XV series on the other hand, at least in my experience, is not as fun and it's harder for people to actually become interested on playing more. Not necessary a bad thing trough.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:34 pm

Its pisses me off when people rage quit on me whenever they're close on losing.

Is there any solution for rage quitters?
Last edited by Hyena_Yamcha on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My English is poor .

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:19 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:Its pisses me when people rage quit on me whenever they're close on losing.

When searching for a match select high completion rate only.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:08 pm

precita wrote:Yes, most people have dropped it already. The DLC should bring back some interest but other than hardcore fans most people have moved on already.
This is clearly false. DBFZ is doing remarkably well sales wise and industry wise. Its already the most hyped fighting game of 2018 and expected to have the most entries AT this year's EVO.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:43 am

kn83 wrote:
This is clearly false. DBFZ is doing remarkably well sales wise and industry wise. Its already the most hyped fighting game of 2018 and expected to have the most entries AT this year's EVO.
THIS is remarkably false. PISS POOR launch of the game. Awful Online mode.

KenXyro said it best: RageQuit Simulator

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:16 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
kn83 wrote:

I'm sorry but this just shows an amount of ignorance beyond my imaginations. People quiting the game after such a sucessful launch is more than normal, and the game is far from dying. You would know if you were more informed about how this type of game works, or if you actually saw the numbers. Please, next time do yourself a favor and don't talk about what you don't know about.

Awful online mode? The online server is by far the best one that any DB game has offered in late years and it's being praised by the community. Again, please play the game before saying that things (I know this is asking a lot on the DB fandom, but seriously, it's just plain nonsense). You are just looking awfully bad and biased.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:35 am

Professor Freeza wrote:THIS is remarkably false. PISS POOR launch of the game. Awful Online mode.
Could you elaborate why its launch was piss poor?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:57 am

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:Its pisses me off when people rage quit on me whenever they're close on losing.

I wouldn't be too sure of anyone rage quitting with the disconnects as prevalent as they are, even if it very much look like it. I was losing to this guy the other day and it disconnected right before his super was probably going to kill me.
MisteryOne wrote:Awful online mode? The online server is by far the best one that any DB game has offered in late years and it's being praised by the community. Again, please play the game before saying that things (I know this is asking a lot on the DB fandom, but seriously, it's just plain nonsense). You are just looking awfully bad and biased.
I don't know where you're seeing the community praise the servers, but it doesn't deserve it. The day before yesterday I tried queueing for a World Match and got disconnected right after the match started. I tried it again and got disconnected before it found a match. I decided to just go to training mode instead and got disconnected before I could walk over to the area. And I'm not the only one.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:17 am

A reddit user on the FighterZ forum has done an anaylsis on why the FighterZ launch month has actually been great. Worth a read.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonballfigh ... snt_dying/
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:27 am

Grimlock wrote:
Honestly, I could have worded that better! If someone already dislikes Dragon Ball, then yeah, no - probably not a great idea. :lol: What I should have wrote was "I'm not about to recommend them to anybody not familiar with Dragon Ball." That's on me.
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:A reddit user on the FighterZ forum has done an anaylsis on why the FighterZ launch month has actually been great. Worth a read.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonballfigh ... snt_dying/
This is an incredibly fascinating post! I think the important take-away is that any game is going to see a huge fall-off in player-base following it's launch week - that's just how it goes. To the folks that claim FIghterZ had a terrible launch or is basically dead because everyone was dropping it - two questions for ya:

What is considered a "successful" launch for you? And for that matter, what kind of numbers are you looking for in a game that is considered "alive" in the following weeks post-launch? I'm genuinely curious, because other fighting games currently do not match this supposed criteria. ...not to mention these stats are all based on one of the three platforms DBFZ can be played on. Relying on one (arguably less popular for this genre) platform's numbers to represent the sales progress of a new game doesn't give us the whole picture. I'd be very interested to see the PS4 numbers. I guess we could check the XB1 numbers too, but..... :shifty:
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:38 am

Indeed, very great read. Absolutely the kind of context and framing that I appreciate. Thanks for sharing.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:47 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
kn83 wrote:

The online matches are almost lag-free.

Have you even played the game?
My English is poor .

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:56 am

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:
The online matches are almost lag-free.

Have you even played the game?

When you're in a match is fine, but the overall online is definitely not.
Ring lobbies dont work, you cannot find an arena match despite there being 10 people in the ring with you, there's WAY too many lobbies and sometimes quitting out of a mode takes you back to the title screen

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:29 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
kn83 wrote:

Did you even get the game? Last time I recall you got laughed out of another thread after you tried to convince everybody the game was trash because it was 2D.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Ring lobbies dont work, you cannot find an arena match despite there being 10 people in the ring with you, there's WAY too many lobbies and sometimes quitting out of a mode takes you back to the title screen
Ring matches working seem to vary wildly between person to person and from version to version. Whenever I wanted to have a ring match with a specific person on Steam I've never had a problem with it. But again I'm not sure about your experience. Bandai seems to be working hard on solving this problem certain users are facing and it seems to stem from them underestimating the support for this game.

The arena matches also seem to be falling under a similar sort of problem. I haven't found problems with this myself but that doesn't mean they aren't happening.

Unfortunately, I can't find much to agree to on your third point. On launch day there was a huge problem on the Steam version with the lack of lobbies as there were about half per region when compared to the console versions. I recall having to go to South American country lobbies to even play online let alone meet anyone. I suppose you could mean there are too many lobbies in relation to arena matches which I could understand that. However, I don't think that having less lobbies so people just funnel into it more often is the appropriate solution for that.

The kicking out of lobbies is a definite issue as well for some people.

There are definite problems with the lobby system: the fact the game forces you into it in the first place, no real system to just easily invite friends to a match, the connection problems people are facing, etc. But to dismiss the online as a whole to the game I think is rather reductive. Cause to me where it counts the most, the matches themselves, is where the game really shines.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:38 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Unfortunately, I can't find much to agree to on your third point. On launch day there was a huge problem on the Steam version with the lack of lobbies as there were about half per region when compared to the console versions. I recall having to go to South American country lobbies to even play online let alone meet anyone. I suppose you could mean there are too many lobbies in relation to arena matches which I could understand that. However, I don't think that having less lobbies so people just funnel into it more often is the appropriate solution for that.
Yeah it's an issue with the lobbies as a whole. I'd rather they have less lobbies with 200 max people for example, but thats just me. I'm not dismissing the game though. As I said the matches are fine and I'm having a lot of fun playing the story and matches with friends (when I can actually get into them)

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:Is there any solution for rage quitters?
1vs1 matches could be fine
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:19 pm

I'm guessing everyone complaining about the online mode is coming from other fighting games or fps maybe. I dont play many games online outside of dragon ball and maybe mario kart. Even on the worst connections i can have pretty clean onlne matches.

Have you tried playing xv2 online? Characters teleport all over the place, hitboxes dont work, controls are laggy, its a mess. Games before were even worse sadly.