"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:21 pm

Xehanort wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:I disagree with this opinion in so many ways.
Yeah, she might be my most hated DB character ever :lol:
I'm not seeing a great deal of hate for her personally

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:21 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:Its pisses me off when people rage quit on me whenever they're close on losing.

Is there any solution for rage quitters?
Avoid people with purple names. The colour indicates a high number of disconnects.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:41 pm

I'v just reached the pink rank.
My English is poor .

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:12 pm

Simere wrote:
Hyena_Yamcha wrote:Its pisses me off when people rage quit on me whenever they're close on losing.

I wouldn't be too sure of anyone rage quitting with the disconnects as prevalent as they are, even if it very much look like it. I was losing to this guy the other day and it disconnected right before his super was probably going to kill me.
MisteryOne wrote:Awful online mode? The online server is by far the best one that any DB game has offered in late years and it's being praised by the community. Again, please play the game before saying that things (I know this is asking a lot on the DB fandom, but seriously, it's just plain nonsense). You are just looking awfully bad and biased.
I don't know where you're seeing the community praise the servers, but it doesn't deserve it. The day before yesterday I tried queueing for a World Match and got disconnected right after the match started. I tried it again and got disconnected before it found a match. I decided to just go to training mode instead and got disconnected before I could walk over to the area. And I'm not the only one.
Funnily enough I did see part of the praise on Reddit as well, just like in different forums. Neither me or any of my friends have experienced any lag issues during battles, and the only times I have been disconnected to the server it has been after spending a couple of hours on Story (thankfully that pain is over) or spending too much time on Arcade. Considering my PS4 is in my basement where my connection is not top tier, that definetly means something. So either we are incredibly lucky, or the spanish servers are somehow better despite some of them usually being full (which really surprised me btw, never thought people here would like the gams), or the connection issues can't be that frequent. On the very same PS4 is almost impossible to play XV2 online because of the terrible lag (but then again, I also get tons of lag in Dark Souls 3 while Bloodborne runs perfectly fine...), so it definetly deserves some level of praise.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:17 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
kn83 wrote:
This is clearly false. DBFZ is doing remarkably well sales wise and industry wise. Its already the most hyped fighting game of 2018 and expected to have the most entries AT this year's EVO.
THIS is remarkably false. PISS POOR launch of the game. Awful Online mode.

KenXyro said it best: RageQuit Simulator
Did you even get the game? Last time I recall you got laughed out of another thread after you tried to convince everybody the game was trash because it was 2D.
Of course he/she didn't. It's the same mindless biased hate that is everywhere in this fandom. It happens with Super as a whole, with the manga version of Super, GT, FighterZ, XV2, and lot of other things. People can't stand that other random people from the Internet say that X media product is better that the one they love. They must shit on that X to feel that the other one is infinetly better and that they are right for liking it over the other, despite having never actually tried X. It's some sort of nonsensical biased behaviour which I find both amusing and incredibly annying as well as childlish, but then again maybe it's just me. People just seem to love picking one of the two sides and never bother with the other.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:25 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Xehanort wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:I disagree with this opinion in so many ways.
Yeah, she might be my most hated DB character ever :lol:
I'm not seeing a great deal of hate for her personally
If comments on the internet are anything to go by, Android 21 is already the most popular female character in the franchise by now. Just look at all the fanart she is still getting.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:13 pm

kn83 wrote:If comments on the internet are anything to go by, Android 21 is already the most popular female character in the franchise by now. Just look at all the fanart she is still getting.
If Masayuki Hirano's words, Xenoverse producer, is anything to go by, Towa is so popular and Toriyama likes her so much, that they couldn't just kill her (all these statements go for Mira too) off in the first game. Probably Android 21's is the most popular female in the Western (as I still and unfortunately see people asking who Towa is), but certainly not in Japan (I don't even need to say that Heroes also contributes for her popularity). So I wouldn't include "the whole franchise" when doing such comparisons.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:18 pm

Grimlock wrote:
kn83 wrote:If comments on the internet are anything to go by, Android 21 is already the most popular female character in the franchise by now. Just look at all the fanart she is still getting.
If Masayuki Hirano's words, Xenoverse producer, is anything to go by, Towa is so popular and Toriyama likes her so much, that they couldn't just kill her (all these statements go for Mira too) off in the first game. Probably Android 21's is the most popular female in the Western (as I still and unfortunately see people asking who Towa is), but certainly not in Japan (I don't even need to say that Heroes also contributes for her popularity). So I wouldn't include "the whole franchise" when doing such comparisons.
21 has only appeared in one game so far, and she already has a sizeable amount of Japanese fanart (both human and majin).

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:18 pm

MisteryOne wrote:FighterZ is so insanely fun that I don't see why you shouldn't. I have recommended it to three people, one of them being a complete casual with fighting games and other that doesn't play videogames at all, and they all loved despite not knowing about Dragon Ball to the point of buying it. XV2 completely failed with that. I also managed to get another person back into DB with FighterZ (I swear her comments on Goku Black were just priceless). It being a competitive fighting game with so unique character playstyles already makes it more likely to certain people to like it despite not liking DB. It's a game that can be enjoyed by more people. The XV series on the other hand, at least in my experience, is not as fun and it's harder for people to actually become interested on playing more. Not necessary a bad thing trough.
That's so subjective. I like 3D fighting games so if you recommend any 3D fighting game, even ones I have never heard of before, I would still try them too.
kn83 wrote:21 has only appeared in one game so far, and she already has a sizeable amount of Japanese fanart (both human and majin).
And so did Towa back when there was only XV1.

~ Day of the Machines ~

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:11 am

Grimlock wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:FighterZ is so insanely fun that I don't see why you shouldn't. I have recommended it to three people, one of them being a complete casual with fighting games and other that doesn't play videogames at all, and they all loved despite not knowing about Dragon Ball to the point of buying it. XV2 completely failed with that. I also managed to get another person back into DB with FighterZ (I swear her comments on Goku Black were just priceless). It being a competitive fighting game with so unique character playstyles already makes it more likely to certain people to like it despite not liking DB. It's a game that can be enjoyed by more people. The XV series on the other hand, at least in my experience, is not as fun and it's harder for people to actually become interested on playing more. Not necessary a bad thing trough.
That's so subjective. I like 3D fighting games so if you recommend any 3D fighting game, even ones I have never heard of before, I would still try them too.
kn83 wrote:21 has only appeared in one game so far, and she already has a sizeable amount of Japanese fanart (both human and majin).
Towa debuted in DB Online and DB Heroes (both in 2010) before XV1 (which was 2015). So it took a while for her to build up her fandom.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:01 am

Grimlock wrote:
except she didnt originate in XV1

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:33 am

kn83 wrote:Towa debuted in DB Online and DB Heroes (both in 2010) before XV1 (which was 2015). So it took a while for her to build up her fandom.
Dragon Ball Online barely made it to other countries and no, Towa debuted in Dragon Ball Heroes in GDM3, released in July 2015, she wasn't in the game since its release. So yeah, her popularity only truly began with XV1 (February 2015), not with Dragon Ball Online nor Dragon Ball Heroes, and I remember seeing lots of fanarts about her after XV1 was released but not much before the game. I don't know what was your point here.

It's the same case with Fu now... There's not much fanarts with him, exactly because he is an unknown character in general, but this is about to change due to Heroes and Xenoverse. Dragon Ball Online is not a well known game, so where these characters debuted is irrelevant to the discussion.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:20 pm

LightBing wrote:

Avoid people with purple names. The colour indicates a high number of disconnects.
Are you sure about this? I’ve read that with arcsys games the color is a sort of ranking identifier and it’s no different for DBFZ. It gets darker the more people you play in the same color group as you before it eventually changes to the next color.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Not really. The difference is that FighterZ is way flashier and "easy" to early access for a casual/newbie compared to XV2. Despite how deep it is, the autocombos and similar stuff makes it just more likely for a random person to like it. It's not really about liking the genre of the game, but that FighterZ is just able to call the attention of newbies way more easily than other DB games, including other 2D ones like Extreme Butoden. It's just plain fast, fun and flashy, and even if you don't like videogames or the characters, it can work. As someone who has tried really hard to get other people in the games/stuff I like I can say for sure XV2 and specially XV2 doesn't work that well (I'm using them as examples since they are the most recent 3D/2D games of the franchise). Unless you're one of those people who seriously thing that a game is already shit because of not being completely 3D I would recommend it to you. And again, the logic of "I would play it if I like 3D games" can, as I said in my original comment, be applied to the fandom that likes deep fighting games. FighterZ is way more specific of a genre than XV2.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:35 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Are you sure about this? I’ve read that with arcsys games the color is a sort of ranking identifier and it’s no different for DBFZ. It gets darker the more people you play in the same color group as you before it eventually changes to the next color.
The threat level in this game is told by the square by a player's name. For example, this thread's own Hyena_Yamcha's threat level is pink, which is the highest in the game to my knowledge. However, if you look at his name "Juan", it's in regular text. Were he to have a high disconnect rate it would be purple instead of just the default color.
Hyena_Yamcha wrote:Image
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:43 pm

So there's not much thing to do after finishing the campaign, right?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:13 pm

Grimlock wrote:
kn83 wrote:Towa debuted in DB Online and DB Heroes (both in 2010) before XV1 (which was 2015). So it took a while for her to build up her fandom.
Dragon Ball Online barely made it to other countries and no, Towa debuted in Dragon Ball Heroes in GDM3, released in July 2015, she wasn't in the game since its release. So yeah, her popularity only truly began with XV1 (February 2015), not with Dragon Ball Online nor Dragon Ball Heroes, and I remember seeing lots of fanarts about her after XV1 was released but not much before the game. I don't know what was your point here.

It's the same case with Fu now... There's not much fanarts with him, exactly because he is an unknown character in general, but this is about to change due to Heroes and Xenoverse. Dragon Ball Online is not a well known game, so where these characters debuted is irrelevant to the discussion.
The point is that 21 is far more popular than Towa (and possibly every other female character except Bulma). 21 got TONS of fanart before DBFZ was even released. No other character in the series has ever got that kind of love before.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:06 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:So there's not much thing to do after finishing the campaign, right?
There are some modes and events that are yet to be announced.

And also you got the online mode which is the meat of the game.
My English is poor .

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:17 pm

kn83 wrote:The point is that 21 is far more popular than Towa (and possibly every other female character except Bulma). 21 got TONS of fanart before DBFZ was even released. No other character in the series has ever got that kind of love before.
And again, she probably is, in the Western, not in Japan.

~ Day of the Machines ~

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:44 pm

Grimlock wrote:
kn83 wrote:The point is that 21 is far more popular than Towa (and possibly every other female character except Bulma). 21 got TONS of fanart before DBFZ was even released. No other character in the series has ever got that kind of love before.
And again, she probably is, in the Western, not in Japan.
Most of her fan art is from Japan..........