A Super Serious Power Ranking for the Tournament of Power

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie

A Super Serious Power Ranking for the Tournament of Power

Post by Tombstone1988 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Only the most serious of posters should read on. This is definitely not a joke. Here we go:

1.) Dr. Rota (Clearly the strongest, but he never got to unveil his ultimate technique)
2.) Goku (No idea who this is; I think he's from that game, "Enslaved: Odyssey to the West")
3.) Vegeta (A philosophical question: Can you be a prince of all Saiyans if there's less than a baker's dozen left? Also, if the lands you rule no longer exist, are you still a prince?)
4.) Toppo (If Captain Falcon and Bobby Fulbright had a son...)
5.) Hit (Universe 6's version of Agent 47)
6.) Freeza (Level 19 Lawful Evil Blackguard from Neverwinter)
7.) Android 17 (So awesome, he gained god-like powers from ranging the shit outta that park)
8.) Dyspo (Beerus's justice-seeking twin brother)
9.) Kale (Broly's biggest fangirl)
10.) Gohan (Saving the universe is hard when you've got a 9-to-5)
11.) Maji Kayo (It's like the T-X, but androgynous)
12.) Obuni (He was 2 days away from retirement)
13.) Saonel ("Alone time" is a lot more awkward nowadays for him...)
14.) Pirina (Do you hear the voices too?)
15.) Android 18 (Just gonna ignore the obvious "18+" jokes for this one)
16.) Caulifla (Bought multiple experience boosts using Dad's credit card for some quick power-ups)
17.) Ribrianne (Easily the most popular character in Super)
18.) Cabba (Please notice me, Vegeta-senpai!)
19.) Megetta (Dr. Wily's latest robot master; only weakness is the power-up from Verbal Abuse Man)
20.) Kunshi (Closet BDSM fanatic)
21.) Jimeze (Took a wrong turn at Albuquerque; ended up in Universe 2)
22.) Monna (Chouji's long-lost sister)
23.) Kahseral (He's actually Captain Ginyu, but don't tell Vegeta!)
24.) Frost (His new single, "Frost, Frost Baby," releases in 2019)
25.) Piccolo (Lost more limbs than the cast of Akame ga Kill)
26.) Kakunsa (Played by Halle Berry)
27.) Viara (Never deactivated sleep mode)
28.) Bergamo (Forgot to change his setting to Wumbo)
29.) Basil (You may not remember him, but you'll remember Shining Blaster!)
30.) Lavender (Brings a whole new meaning to the term "bad touch")
31.) Katospleta (Felt bad for Vegeta, so he threw the fight)
32.) Kettol (His real power is the ability to inflict stupidity on his opponents)
33.) Zoiray (Star of the movie "Twister")
34.) Tupper (Pui-Pui's personal trainer)
35.) Cocotte (This is why you don't give infinite potential to idiots)
36.) Rozie (Secretly has a crush on Piccolo; wants to be just like him)
37.) Bollarator (SYSTEM ERROR: Diagnosing...)
38.) Panchia (WARNING: Combat effectiveness not found!)
39.) Koitsukai (ALERT: Please restart and try again)
40.) Krillin (How many ticks on the "Krillin owned" counter does being the first Universe 7 member out get?)
41.) Majora (Protege of Sirhan Dogen)
42.) Napapa (Won his title match against Ed Sheeran)
43.) Tien (Drew the short straw this arc)
44.) Narirama (You spin me right round, baby, right round...)
45.) Murichim (Wanted for 12 counts of suplexing trains)
***At this point, I had to start looking up a lot of their names***
46.) Rubalt (Wait a minute! Hellzone Grenade actually did something!?) [The guy from Universe 10 Piccolo defeated in episode 103]
47.) Vuon (Pop quiz: Do you know who this is? It's the Pride Trooper with the Lasso of Truth from episode 100)
48.) Gamisaras (Little did he know, Universe 7 possessed the Devon Scope) [The invisible lizard guy from Universe 4]
49.) Damon (Sometimes foreshadowing fails. This was one of those times)
50.) Shosa (Proof that not all dogs go to heaven)
51.) Ganos (He's very proud of his Howard the Duck cosplay)
52.) Paparoni (Wasn't he a rapping dog? Oh wait, that's PaRappa. Sorry, just remembering more interesting characters)
53.) Botamo (Is the Winnie the Pooh comparison too obvious? Yes? Damn.)
54.) Hermila (Equivalent of that kid in Call of Duty that goes for the 360 no-scope) [The sniper from episode 106]
55.) Prum (Level 16; Weapon: None; Armor: Mirror Mail; Weakness: Physical attacks) [The reflective guy from episode 106]
56.) Zarbuto (According to the wiki, this guy's a Tuffle. What the fu-) [The old man from Universe 2]
57.) Zirloin (He may not be very strong, but he fills out that dress quite well...) [The big guy from Universe 2]
58.) Rabanra (The gem in his forehead reminds me of something... something... GT-ish...) [The red guy from Universe 2]
59.) Nigrisshi (He didn't live up to the hype. Or live, for that matter)
60.) Hyssop (Reject from Game Freak) [The ice-spewing guy from Universe 9]
61.) Hop (Also played by Halle Berry) [The cat girl from Universe 9]
62.) Chappil (Should've gone with Adamantium) [The metal dragon guy from Universe 9]
63.) Oregano (Anyone else in the mood for pasta?) [The guy with Spiderman-like abilities from Universe 9]
64.) Comfrey (I legit did not even remember that this guy existed) [The guy that looks like a Gill Man from Terror from the Deep, also from Universe 9]
65.) Roselle (Let's be real: this guy sucked, but at least he made Freeza look badass) [The bat guy from Universe 9]
66.) Jirasen (Voted the Multiverse's sexiest man) [The pretty boy Ribrianne knocked out; from Universe 10]
67.) Methiop (One look at his eyes and yeah, he definitely looks like a meth user) [The red lizard guy that helped beat up Kale from Universe 10]
68.) Murisam (Oh hey, that guy looks promisin- and he's gone) [That random guy that Cabba knocked out in about two seconds; from Universe 10]
69.) The Preecho (Preach, brother!) [The guy that Tien and Roshi tag-teamed; from Universe 3]
70.) Jium (I liked him better when he was a companion for Donkey Kong) [The parrot from Universe 10]
71.) Jilcol (All that yoga didn't amount to much, did it buddy?) [That random guy that Jimeze knocked out; from Universe 10]
72.) Nink (Seemed like a good idea at the time) [The guy that tried to drag Goku off the stage; from Universe 4]
73.) Darkori (The Darkrai joke seems too obvious here) [The girl with the crazy but cool powers that got Mafuba'd; from Universe 4]
74.) Roshi (All those workout videos finally paid off!) [An ancient fossil that Toriyama brought to Cinnabar Island to be revived; from Universe 7]
75.) Shantza (He lasted that long and lost to that puny attack; what a fighter!) [The weird spike-headed guy who made illusions from Universe 4]
76.) Vikal (Forgot to use Elegant Egotist to summon her Harpy Lady sisters) [The harpy-like girl that saved Kakunsa before being promptly KO'ed; from Universe 2]
77.) Caway (Bad at fighting and bad in bed) [The girl with energy weapons and "seduction" as her tools of the trade; from Universe 4]
78.) Lilibeau (Someone clearly skipped her biology lessons in school...) [The butterfly-like girl who forgot she could fly and was the first elimination; from Universe 10]
79.) Sorrel (She has a name!?) [The bunny girl that was off-screen'ed by 18; from Universe 9]
80.) Jiren (Meh. It's all hype, I tell ya) [An inflatable doll that Belmod brought to the tournament; from Universe 11]
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

sintzu
Banned

Re: A Super Serious Power Ranking for the Tournament of Power

Post by sintzu » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:49 pm

I don't what's more impressive, you remembering all these names or putting them in an order and giving each one a description. Either way good job. :clap:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:58 pm

All other power scalers can stop now, we have the Objectively Correct list. Nice job 8)

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:09 pm

Pretty good, but you forgot to mention that Monaka would be the undisputed #1 if he had participated.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:10 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Pretty good, but you forgot to mention that Monaka would be the undisputed #1 if he had participated.
Monaka is the evil doer that Jiren is trying to beat.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:15 pm

MajinVegetaPD wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Pretty good, but you forgot to mention that Monaka would be the undisputed #1 if he had participated.
No way dude. Monaka doesn't have an evil bone in his body.

Unless he used to be evil once and then reformed...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:16 pm

MajinVegetaPD wrote:
Nay! 'Tis the foul fiend, the Farmer with Shotgun!

So evil!

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tombstone1988 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:49 am

sintzu wrote:I don't what's more impressive, you remembering all these names or putting them in an order and giving each one a description. Either way good job. :clap:
I didn't remember all these names; I listed in asterisks the point where I had to start using the wiki. Uh, I mean, yeah! I've just got an amazing memory! 8)
You are objectively correct, but he did not participate and this list only includes the 80 participating fighters.
Jackalope89 wrote:Nay! 'Tis the foul fiend, the Farmer with Shotgun!

So evil!
As with Monaka, Farmer with Shotgun did not participate in the torunament (or at least, he has not been unveiled yet...). Thus, he was not included. However, whether he or Monaka would be #1 in such a hypothetical scenario does seem to merit more research...
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:14 pm

Where's Shaggy, El Hermano, Gohan Blanco, Goten Negro, Rolf, etc.?
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.