"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by prince212 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:51 am

HeroR wrote:
prince212 wrote:Yep I rather vegeta dying than being throw out , just hope Goku will save him from being knock out so he saves somebody at least one time in this tournament before his final win. Or at least try ..
If you mean Goku, he has saved several people in this tournament.
Yes I was meaning Goku, my bad , I still don’t remember any good saving coming from his hands , if somebody can remember me , I’ll apreciate it , I’m not a hater . Thanks
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:54 am

prince212 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
prince212 wrote:Yep I rather vegeta dying than being throw out , just hope Goku will save him from being knock out so he saves somebody at least one time in this tournament before his final win. Or at least try ..
If you mean Goku, he has saved several people in this tournament.
Yes I was meaning Goku, my bad , I still don’t remember any good saving coming from his hands , if somebody can remember me , I’ll apreciate it , I’m not a hater . Thanks
He saved 17 in 119 when he was nearly pushed out and 18 in 121 when she was nearly eaten. He also revived Roshi after he almost killed himself in 105.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:05 am

LOL, Vegeta isn't going to die in this episode. They're not going to kill off 17 and Vegeta back to back in two eps in a row.

There's literally no point and two character deaths back to back completely sucks the impact out of both of them, not even counting that we know they'll be back to life anyway. If Vegeta was going to die they wouldn't have killed off 17 and just had him ringed out. Please.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:08 am

Vegeta could die, it's possible, just because somebody has died before dosen't mean another guy can't, infact, just because someone has died before it makes to easier to kill off another character, reviving both dead people at the same time is just as easy as reviving one..
Plus it will make sure there are no interruptions in Goku's fight against Jiren, ( Freeza can't do jack, unless they go the route of 17 backstabbing again but this time with freeza )
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:09 am

The difference is two characters dying back to back out of nowhere at the tail-end of a tournament.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:10 am

OverHeaven wrote: Ultra Instinct "Omen" is actually the Ultra Instinct from episode 110 and 116. Sometimes translated as "Sign". In short, it's not a new variation like some assumed before. However, the new variation "Mastered" Ultra Instinct is going to have a silver hair (or it could be just the effects of a new aura). At least that is what I understood from all these past information combined..

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This picture is mostly the end of the episode, but I'm not sure if that is the mastered form or what the heck is going on. :?
129 is the episode that mentions mastering UI in the title, so presumably the only UI that will be seen in 128 is Omen and he'll unlock Mastered at some point in 129.
Kaiosama wrote:Herms: "As his consciousness fades after getting beat up and nearly ringed out by Jiren, he begins to hear Bulma's voice."

Nearly ringed out? Are they contradicting the earlier spoilers saying Vegeta gets eliminated? Maybe he does die in this episode.
He probably gets knocked out of the ring after hearing her voice.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:10 am

This is the tail end and we are yet to have the main fight, return and maybe connect to eoz, pace isn't exactly the highest priority
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:15 am

Vegeta dying would be awful.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:20 am

What's awful about it?
Vegeta is an awesome character but his recent babblings about my Cabba and my bulma, my pride hasn't exactly been my favorite either, him going completely out of picture will be a treat, for me at the very least

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:20 am

Ki Breaker wrote:What's awful about it?
Vegeta is an awesome character but his recent babblings about my Cabba and my bulma, my pride hasn't exactly been my favorite either, him going completely out of picture will be a treat, for me at the very least
It would be awful because they already tried the whole "Vegeta sacrifice" thing in this arc, and they didn't have the balls (nor the competency level to actually do what that technique is supposed to do, ie. kill Vegeta) to do it when they had the chance to.

Also, we already had 17 "dying". Vegeta on top of that is kind of silly.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:24 am

Ki Breaker wrote:This is the tail end and we are yet to have the main fight, return and maybe connect to eoz, pace isn't exactly the highest priority
At this pace I think the most we will see is them going back to earth. There's simply no time to do anything else.

With Goku getting a new form and this being the final fight of the entire show, it should've at least gotten 4 or 5 full episodes.

If there's one thing they need to fix when it comes back is pacing as there are multiple nothing events getting too much screen time while main ones like this and Toppo getting the bare minimum. Based on the manga's black arc, we probably won't have to worry about this there.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:37 am

just because vegeta didn't die in an episode where he wasn't intended to die doesn't mean he can't later lol fakeouts can be used in a narrative to make you drop your guard. him dying wouldn't be bad if the execution is right even if he's revived by the dragon balls. they could easily kill him and make it work. i doubt it will happen though. but who knows. there's no limits in deaths. they're fighting to protect their universe from a being stronger than his own GoD.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:57 am

From V-Jump, Completed UI was designed by Toriyama and has silver hair, his artwork is in the V-Jump issue.
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/964754063328882688

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:08 am

WHY isnt this picture getting more love?

SO DAMN BADASS
ArchedThunder wrote:From V-Jump, Completed UI was designed by Toriyama and has silver hair, his artwork is in the V-Jump issue.
And just like that, Heroes confirms something else beforehand

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:10 am

Professor Freeza wrote:Image

SO DAMN BADASS
Yeah, the animators layout for that scene is genuinely fantastic. Hopefully once we see it motion, we'll be able to identify the animator who made it.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:12 am

Professor Freeza wrote:Image

SO DAMN BADASS
ArchedThunder wrote:From V-Jump, Completed UI was designed by Toriyama and has silver hair, his artwork is in the V-Jump issue.
And just like that, Heroes confirms something else beforehand
The picture looks gorgeous, tho it’s a given that this UI goku isn’t going to be enough for jiren, due to the fact he has to master it, something no G.o.D has come close to

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:24 am

Theory, after the tournament Goku will be unable to activate UI on his own, bumming him out, leading to the EoZ comment about Goku not having been "This happy in a long time".

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:25 am

Hey, silver hair, my avatar Won't go to waste now :thumbup:

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:25 am

To be honest, I'm not really happy with silver hair... I'm holding my breath 'till its actual appearance, but not really a fan of it. It would rather take the multi-color aura just like it was teased back when...
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:28 am

Still bummed black haired UI isn't the final. Hoping silver hair doesn't look terrible or grey. What a mess.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!