"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:27 am

I'm really looking forward to this form being inevitably used in the film in December. It'll be interesting to see Gokuu use it against whatever form his new enemy showcases.

I do hope to see uncorrected shots from good animators, too. It'd be a huge shame if Yamamuro was personally hounding every shot to keep it matching his model sheets.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:28 am

sintzu wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
lord turbo wrote:Goku Blanco! Lol, a meme becomes a reality for a different character altogether.
A major cause for formation of meme was toriyama had said that he wanted to use white hair.
All his new forms were memes waaaaaaay before he came back, especially in the early 2000's with things like Blue being "Ssj7" and red being 8.
Predicting colour changing,a lot of namekians fusing etc. is not astonishing .
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

lord turbo
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord turbo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:38 am

sintzu wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
lord turbo wrote:Goku Blanco! Lol, a meme becomes a reality for a different character altogether.
A major cause for formation of meme was toriyama had said that he wanted to use white hair.
All his new forms were memes waaaaaaay before he came back, especially in the early 2000's with things like Blue being "Ssj7" and red being 8.
This, SSJ purple, red, green, and etc existed in fanart since the late 90s to early 2000s, Toriyama just stole from deviantart basically and called it his own, lol.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:57 am

Xeogran wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:And i cant believe even more that TOEI has a much better design than Toriyama himself
Not a big surprise when you compare SSJ4 to SSG and Blue.
Seriously. Love Toriyama but his neo-Saiyan designs and transformations are just shit.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:01 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I'm really looking forward to this form being inevitably used in the film in December. It'll be interesting to see Gokuu use it against whatever form his new enemy showcases.

I do hope to see uncorrected shots from good animators, too. It'd be a huge shame if Yamamuro was personally hounding every shot to keep it matching his model sheets.
It probably won’t be used in the film, if the film is about the origins of the Saiyans.

Most likely it won’t be used

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:03 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I'm really looking forward to this form being inevitably used in the film in December. It'll be interesting to see Gokuu use it against whatever form his new enemy showcases.

It probably won’t be used in the film, if the film is about the origins of the Saiyans.

Super's right about to end, would be surprised if they didn't use the white hair design to continue pushing the fresh batch of merch. Maybe not Goku but whoever is the main Saiayn-of-the-past could very well be using it

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:04 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:

The movie could be about planting studying the heinous transition of the United States into a functional oligarchy, that doesn't mean Gokuu will not be in the film. There is no way the associated parties are going to green-light a film without Son Gokuu participating, especially with a new transformation recently achieved.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:06 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

The movie could be about planting studying the heinous transition of the United States into a functional oligarchy, that doesn't mean Gokuu will not be in the film. There is no way the associated parties are going to green-light a film without Son Gokuu participating, especially with a new transformation recently achieved.
Sure we could see goku. Doesn’t mean they will show the form. And if they do, it’s probably to recap the end of the tournament of power.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:35 pm

Basaku wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:And i cant believe even more that TOEI has a much better design than Toriyama himself
Seriously. Love Toriyama but his neo-Saiyan designs and transformations are just shit.
I genuinely wonder if that's because of self-parody, loss of inspiration or simply not giving a damn anymore and just going through the motions.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:41 pm

Toriyama drew this:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And he also drew this long ago:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Goku Abuelo confirmed.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:43 pm

Xeogran wrote:
Except Super Saiyan 4 isn't a good design.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Torturephile wrote:Toriyama drew this:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And he also drew this long ago:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Goku Abuelo confirmed.
Hahahhahaha
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
Basaku wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
I genuinely wonder if that's because of self-parody, loss of inspiration or simply not giving a damn anymore and just going through the motions.
That's highly doubtful since UI is in practice the most unique form in Dragon Ball since it isn't just power boost. And I mean, the most creative you say about Toei is making Goku into a pink monkey with yellow eyes.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:46 pm

HeroR wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
It''s better than everything that came after it for sure.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:46 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
Basaku wrote:
Xeogran wrote:

A combination of the above, I'm willing to bet.

Maybe he didn't expect BOG to snowball into a weekly series. Did he ever comment on the ToP arc? I found it odd that I never saw anything from Toriyama about it. Maybe the arc dragged because Toei had to cover for a lack of ideas on Toriyama's part. Maybe the whole Yamoshi thing was created by that Dragon Ball Room. Who knows.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:51 pm

I'm extremely dissapointed with the design of Perfected UI, nothing more than a SSJG recolour. Ignoring that, it doesn't even look good in my opinion. The grey hair looks extremely bizzare, especially in Yamamuro's design.

I'm seriously concered as to how it will look in the anime.
Last edited by Firebolt on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:57 pm

This is stupid. Goku looked much better before. It's like they are forced to gives us a new color every time a character gets a new transformation.
And yeah Yamamuro's version is much better than Toriyama's, just like everything since BOG Movie.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Honestly, I could have done without the hair color change. I actually though it looked fine before.

But to be fair, I’m not exactly a fan of SSG or SSB either.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:09 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
It''s better than everything that came after it for sure.
Not a chance in hell. I take recolors over the pink monkey any day of the week.
Kanassa wrote:

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:15 pm

So is this us finally seeing the form that Toriyama didn't want to have clash with Frieza's white?

I recall there being a load of comments about a white haired SSJ form at the time. People assumed Merged Zamasu was this, but had Toriyama planned this design long ago?