Android 17 is Not Eliminated

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Android 17 is Not Eliminated

Post by Zagacious » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:08 pm

They never showed Android 17 on the elimination boards, just like they purposely didn't show Frieza. Do you think he's still in ? It could be 17s idea for both of them to hide until the right moment to assist Goku

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Android 17 is Not Eliminated

Post by Xeogran » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:42 pm

I found it interesting that in today's episode they showed us the GodPad shot zoomed in after Vegeta got eliminated.

It's like they don't want to outright show if 17 has been tapped out or not.

t0ffe3m4n
Beyond Newbie

Post by t0ffe3m4n » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Xeogran wrote:I found it interesting that in today's episode they showed us the GodPad shot zoomed in after Vegeta got eliminated.

I thought that was more for Frieza's sake personally (not like it's a big surprise that he's still on the stage mind you..)

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:55 pm

I have been theorizing that 17 is not out yet either, they never clicked his name off indeed like they did for Vegeta. But more importantly the way 17 died seemed to clean and would be right up his alley to play a game with Jiren to catch him off guard near the end seconds when he is more tired to help win the ToP.

IMO this could be a interesting way for Toei to have 17 win the ToP if this is somewhat their plan. 8)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:59 pm

t0ffe3m4n wrote:
Xeogran wrote:I found it interesting that in today's episode they showed us the GodPad shot zoomed in after Vegeta got eliminated.

I thought that was more for Frieza's sake personally (not like it's a big surprise that he's still on the stage mind you..)
It's more obvious that Frieza is not eliminated though, I think it's purposely like that to make us forget they never actually showed 17 being eliminated either. If 17 is actually gone then they kind of made a mistake in never showing him on the boards.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:24 pm

It would be kinda cool if both were still in. 17 cannot be sensed normally so it would be great and so it would come off as some kind of surprise when in the middle of the battle one of them is knocked out while they were hoping that was their last chance, then Goku and Jiren and get knocked out and THEN the second hidden one (no, not Hit's clone) comes out and wins. I thought about 17 still being there as well.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:33 am

Why would the Zeno pair have waited all this time to have considered whether #17 was still in or not? Far as they're aware, he killed himself in a self-sacrificing gesture -- the cyborg can't be sensed so they wouldn't have any knowledge as to his whereabouts. I also find it kind of ridiculous that he could survive what was intended originally to be capable of killing the user, but since Vegeta's little stunt I suppose anything is possible.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:34 am

I think Grand Priest, an allpowerful being, the angel daddy, announcing that 17 self-destructed is more than enough proof that he did.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:35 am

You're right, he's probably hiding with Hit in his pocket dimension under the stage :lol: :D
Get Fucked, C_unt

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:18 am

Android 17 is still in the Tournament, just like Hit. I also think that the spirit of Goku Black (who is secretly Future Goten) is hiding inside Future Zen-Oh and that the Grand Priest and his children are evil.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:47 am

He self-destruted against Jiren, but didn't die, so he hid next to an unconscious Freeza. The Grand Priest, fed up by suicide attacks that don't kill, secretly squished his hand and erased 17, and proceeded to confirm that 17 died.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:02 am

17 is hiding underneath the stage, holding onto the pillar.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:26 am

You are right,his self destruction caused a rift between dimensions and he was sent to Hit's pocket dimension where both are waiting for the right moment to strike.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:37 am

Hit was shown on the elimination boards, 17 was not. Grand Priest also declared Goku killed himself during the special so either he can't tell or he's playing along. Unlike Hit there's actually pretty strong evidence 17 may still be in there.
Last edited by Zagacious on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:59 am

Zagacious wrote:Hit was shown on the elimination boards, 17 was not. Grand Priest also declared Goku killed himself during the special so either he can't tell or he's playing along.
Did you expect the vaporized molecules of 17 to appear on the elimination boards?
Get Fucked, C_unt

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:04 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Zagacious wrote:Hit was shown on the elimination boards, 17 was not. Grand Priest also declared Goku killed himself during the special so either he can't tell or he's playing along.
Did you expect the vaporized molecules of 17 to appear on the elimination boards?
Why would the method of their elimination change the fact that they're shown on the boards or not? I'm talking about the pad elimination boards the Zenos are holding that shows icons of each fighter and whether they are eliminated or not.

It's a plausible idea that he's being respectful and not showing him or something but when they purposely don't show him on the boards like they're doing with Frieza then it's suspicious
Lionel wrote:Why would the Zeno pair have waited all this time to have considered whether #17 was still in or not? Far as they're aware, he killed himself in a self-sacrificing gesture -- the cyborg can't be sensed so they wouldn't have any knowledge as to his whereabouts. I also find it kind of ridiculous that he could survive what was intended originally to be capable of killing the user, but since Vegeta's little stunt I suppose anything is possible.
Android 17 is obviously a lot weaker than Jiren , but he's been capable of tanking or deflecting quite a few attacks from Jiren. I think it's pretty reasonable to suggest he may have gotten out of that alive , if only barely. They stretched the infinite energy idea pretty far already.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:17 pm

Zagacious wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Why would the method of their elimination change the fact that they're shown on the boards or not? I'm talking about the pad elimination boards the Zenos are holding that shows icons of each fighter and whether they are eliminated or not.

It's a plausible idea that he's being respectful and not showing him or something but when they purposely don't show him on the boards like they're doing with Frieza then it's suspicious

Sorry, I misunderstood, I tought you were talking about the elimination benches. :oops:
Get Fucked, C_unt

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:21 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:You're right, he's probably hiding with Hit in his pocket dimension under the stage :lol: :D
Vegeta is also with them, who we saw fall out was an afterimage. :thumbup:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:30 pm

mute_proxy wrote:I think Grand Priest, an allpowerful being, the angel daddy, announcing that 17 self-destructed is more than enough proof that he did.
Well in their defense, he also thought Goku had been killed by his own Genki Dama and Jiren shouldn't be disqualified.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:54 pm

Yeah, him and Hit are getting high as hell off the atmospheric fumes caused by Toppo while hidden somewhere in the arena.

They were gonna hop back in this episode and help Vegeta, but they got far too baked in their pocket dimension. Turns out there’s not much ventilation in there, which also explains why Hit never came out to help Kefla. His Time Skip turned into a Time Trip.