"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:15 pm

KayDash wrote: It's fine to have more characters later, but it's unrealistic to expect much more from a new fighting game series, where they have to build everything from the ground up.
That excuse doesn't hold up anymore, when the game came out this month in Japan and less than a month ago overseas and they seem to have already 2 DLC characters ready.
What are the odds that they were purposely left out of the base roster, only for them to get more money from the fans through DLC?! With them announcing 8 DLC characters months before the game release, I say pretty damn high.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:17 pm

Bullza wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:Vocal Minority. Money does not talk, it screams. I would like to see the sales figures for Bardock-related merchandise (this includes Heroes) and Broly merchandise compared to Super characters.
They've been around for ages. Super characters have not so they wouldn't have the sales advantage.

If they were to put a poll on that game and people could vote who they'd rather have as as a DLC character between Bardock or Jiren then Jiren would definitely get more votes.
Hmm... probably. Jiren is the main antagonist of the ToP arc, so that gives him an advantage. But, if the net is cast to include different region, I think Bardock will come up on top just because fans would be more familiar with him than Jiren.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Honestly hoping now base forms are not in at this point. Bardock is enough goku hair. Give me raditz to complete the roster of Butoden and I'm good

Xehanort

Post by Xehanort » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:55 pm

They better add Vegito and Jiren to this game, or I will kill somebody :evil:
"I think it's only fair that I should warn you guys. You dont stand a chance against me.", Future Trunks

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:30 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Honestly hoping now base forms are not in at this point. Bardock is enough goku hair. Give me raditz to complete the roster of Butoden and I'm good
They have models in the game's code. Its pretty much confirmed Saiyan Saga Vegeta and Kaioken Goku are going to be DLC (and Cooler). I'm with you about Raditz, though.
Xehanort wrote:They better add Vegito and Jiren to this game, or I will kill somebody :evil:
You'll have to settle for Vegito at the moment (though which Vegito is still unknown).

Jiren will probably be in Season 2 (given the sales for this game, Season 2 better be on the table).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:01 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
KayDash wrote: It's fine to have more characters later, but it's unrealistic to expect much more from a new fighting game series, where they have to build everything from the ground up.
That excuse doesn't hold up anymore, when the game came out this month in Japan and less than a month ago overseas and they seem to have already 2 DLC characters ready.
What are the odds that they were purposely left out of the base roster, only for them to get more money from the fans through DLC?! With them announcing 8 DLC characters months before the game release, I say pretty damn high.
As a long time fighting games fan , this games has a decent roster compared to most other fighting games.
My English is poor .

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:43 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:What are the odds that they were purposely left out of the base roster, only for them to get more money from the fans through DLC?! With them announcing 8 DLC characters months before the game release, I say pretty damn high.
Can you prove that with evidence?

What's the relation between them announcing DLC characters month in advance with taking said characters out of the rooster?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:08 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:What are the odds that they were purposely left out of the base roster, only for them to get more money from the fans through DLC?! With them announcing 8 DLC characters months before the game release, I say pretty damn high.
Can you prove that with evidence?
This scan:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
What's the relation between them announcing DLC characters month in advance with taking said characters out of the rooster?
It's connecting the dots:
- Months before the game release they were already announcing 8 DLC characters.
- The game released this month in Japan and less than one month ago overseas, but the first 2 DLC characters are already announced and seem to be finished.

It's all about the timing that gives it away. And if didn't matter, these characters would be a free update. But they know it matters and since this is business (greedy, but still business), fans have to pay for them despiste the game came out less than a month ago.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:47 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:It's connecting the dots:
- The game released this month in Japan and less than one month ago overseas, but the first 2 DLC characters are already announced and seem to be finished.

It's all about the timing that gives it away. And if didn't matter, these characters would be a free update. But they know it matters and since this is business (greedy, but still business), fans have to pay for them despiste the game came out less than a month ago.
You're connecting dots that are miles apart. Most games have a DLC budget separate from the main game's budget and we have no indication that the DLC characters are base roster picks that were merely cut out. The game has been data mined already and lacks the actual data for these supposedly finished characters that you speak of. Unlike other instances of on disc DLC like say Street Fighter X Tekken. Or even something like a game ArcSys is publishing themselves, BlazeBlue: Cross Tag Battle, which will have the initial set of DLC characters (which will end up making up half the roster) for free at launch. Indicating that they are seemingly already done. And that was after a big backlash.

Your biggest piece of proof are scans that you think indicate that the characters are finished. There were builds shown months before FighterZ came out with seemingly finished characters ready to use but that didn't actually mean they were done.

I'm interested in you providing more substantial evidence as you seem to have far more insight into the development of this game than most people here in this thread.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:15 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:It's connecting the dots:

You're connecting dots that are miles apart. Most games have a DLC budget separate from the main game's budget and we have no indication that the DLC characters are base roster picks that were merely cut out. The game has been data mined already and lacks the actual data for these supposedly finished characters that you speak of. Unlike other instances of on disc DLC like say Street Fighter X Tekken. Or even something like a game ArcSys is publishing themselves, BlazeBlue: Cross Tag Battle, which will have the initial set of DLC characters (which will end up making up half the roster) for free at launch. Indicating that they are seemingly already done. And that was after a big backlash.

Your biggest piece of proof are scans that you think indicate that the characters are finished. There were builds shown months before FighterZ came out with seemingly finished characters ready to use but that didn't actually mean they were done.

I'm interested in you providing more substantial evidence as you seem to have far more insight into the development of this game than most people here in this thread.
On the Cross Tag Battle thing since I'm sick of the misinformation. They've confirmed the total cost of the game+DLC is USD$70. The reason 18 characters are paid DLC is because they director wanted to lower the price of the game to be more accessible and enticing to people who spot it on a store shelf or get a recommendation, the best way to do this was to cut the roster in half. Then if people like what they play, want more and want to support the game, they can buy the rest of the roster, with the total price being only slightly more then a full price game and still cheaper then most games+DLC, including FighterZ.

I think the DLC here seems planned, but not completed before release. This game went from announcement to release in 8 months, announcing 18 additional characters in this time. When it comes to this games launch there are plenty of things wrong and unfinished with it, the character roster is not one of them.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:34 pm

I guarantee that this will be Broly's intro scene in this game.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:43 pm

EXBadguy wrote:I guarantee that this will be Broly's intro scene in this game.
My bets on Broly entering after blowing up a nearby planet
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:44 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:That excuse doesn't hold up anymore, when the game came out this month in Japan and less than a month ago overseas and they seem to have already 2 DLC characters ready.
It means nothing. Characters maybe is ready enough to show them for magazine. But that's it. More likely it was demonstrational version. Some animations are not ready, balance is not polished. Maybe they even have not voice over yet.
Do you ever played Skullgirls, for example. That game provided an option to play DLC characters early, when they are in development. Are you ready to play Bardock and Broly in state like this, for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7H7rV_HA-w I believe you are not. So we should wait until release. And release date will be anounced in the next issue of V-Jump. V=Jump is a monthly magazine, btw

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:56 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Oh, now that'd be an epic one! I can just picture him falling from the sky from an explosion and then doing a hard landing on his feet and power up!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:58 pm

EXBadguy wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Oh, now that'd be an epic one! I can just picture him falling from the sky from an explosion and then doing a hard landing on his feet and power up!
You could have nice quotes from that. "Oh, was that your planet, Green Man?" He'll say to Piccolo... While on Namek.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:06 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:On the Cross Tag Battle thing since I'm sick of the misinformation. They've confirmed the total cost of the game+DLC is USD$70. The reason 18 characters are paid DLC is because they director wanted to lower the price of the game to be more accessible and enticing to people who spot it on a store shelf or get a recommendation, the best way to do this was to cut the roster in half. Then if people like what they play, want more and want to support the game, they can buy the rest of the roster, with the total price being only slightly more then a full price game and still cheaper then most games+DLC, including FighterZ.

I think the DLC here seems planned, but not completed before release. This game went from announcement to release in 8 months, announcing 18 additional characters in this time. When it comes to this games launch there are plenty of things wrong and unfinished with it, the character roster is not one of them.
This is a far different situation. The costs along with giving away the first DLC pack for free were done MUCH later after the announcement. Even the game's producer had to do damage control due to all the blowback. Cross Tag is also a literal sprite dump, there's little to no work to do aside from the RWBY characters.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:13 pm

AgitoZ wrote:This is a far different situation. The costs along with giving away the first DLC pack for free were done MUCH later after the announcement. Even the game's producer had to do damage control due to all the blowback. Cross Tag is also a literal sprite dump, there's little to no work to do aside from the RWBY characters.
Balance. Gameplay of BBTag is completely different. Also, sprite size in BB, P4A and UNiB is not the same. UNiB is on different engine. So, UNiB characters should be ported. Definitely, the game requires less work, but I do not say that is no work.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:18 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Balance. Gameplay of BBTag is completely different. Also, sprite size in BB, P4A and UNiB is not the same. UNiB is on different engine. So, UNiB characters should be ported. Definitely, the game requires less work, but I do not say that is no work.
I said it's "little to no work" especially in the context of FighterZ. All of that is not even comparable to the work in making the kind of assets needed for FighterZ or even GG Xrd.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:32 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:When people think of Z its, Vegeta, Freeza, Cell,Boo and 13 movies.
No, I also think about Beerus, SSJ God, Golden Freeza and Blue.
I mean' I don't wanna turn this into something that's probably completely subjective, however all of that was re-written as being part of Super. But if you wanna still head canon separate it then by all means you don't need my permission.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Asura

Post by Asura » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:40 am

Has anyone managed to rip the audio files from the game yet? I really want that voice clip of Goku yelling "THIS IS THE ULTIMATE FORM!". So badass :mrgreen: