Android 17 is Not Eliminated

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: Android 17 is Not Eliminated

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Calling it now:

Goku will beat Jiren but will be almost out of energy.

Frieza laughs and knocks Goku out. Claims complete and total victory.

Frieza is knocked out by #17 who is DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN!! Still alive and in the arena.

#17 wins. MVP all the way.

Frieza yells his loudest FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:Calling it now:

Goku will beat Jiren but will be almost out of energy.

Frieza laughs and knocks Goku out. Claims complete and total victory.

Frieza is knocked out by #17 who is DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN!! Still alive and in the arena.

#17 wins. MVP all the way.

Frieza yells his loudest FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~
Super ends with everyone on #17's nice cruiser, before Beerus shows up demanding to see the Super Saiyan God of prophecy that he just woke up for.

What a twist! It doesn't even have to make sense, just like a lot of the writing in this show.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:24 pm

So no one finds it suspicious at all that they're not showing Android 17 on the elimination board (god pads) ? They're purposely omitting the view of it just like they're doing with Frieza. It's pretty obvious Frieza is still there, but then why have they never shown Android 17 on the board after he's supposedly eliminated? I'm not saying it's a dead giveaway that he's still there, but if he is actually gone then that's a fairly large error in my opinion that they would do that. Even minor fodder characters were shown being eliminated on the god pads.

Whether Grand Priest knows or not is another issue, but even if Grand Priest does know it would make him a pretty poor judge/referee to announce that Android 17 is actually hiding and ruin any actual strategy he may have. The gods and angels are not all knowing, it seemed he had no idea what was going on with Goku and the Genki dama (even though he knew about Ultra Instinct, he still apparently didn't know Goku was alive and considered it self-destruction) either that or Grand Priest knows what's going on and is just playing along for the sake of strategy.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:56 pm

Not showing a character being eliminated on the board has happened quite often during the arc. It proves absolutely nothing.

https://twitter.com/terez27/status/962785887678590977

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:59 pm

Hmm considering the Zenos never tapped out Android 17 on their godPads, I think there's still a chance that Android 17 is hiding somewhere. Would be good because I don't want him dead even if the show is ending
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:08 pm

Kinokima wrote:Not showing a character being eliminated on the board has happened quite often during the arc. It proves absolutely nothing.

Though most of those were shown later on in different episodes on the god pads as eliminated. They're purposely not showing Frieza or 17 every time they've shown the board since then.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Zagacious wrote:
Kinokima wrote:Not showing a character being eliminated on the board has happened quite often during the arc. It proves absolutely nothing.

Though most of those were shown later on in different episodes on the god pads as eliminated. They're purposely not showing Frieza or 17 every time they've shown the board since then.
It’s only been one episode since 17 was eliminated that means absolutely nothing. And it was made pretty clear by the Grand Priest that 17 sacrificed himself and is hence out.

Freeza is a completely different case because no mention has been made of him being eliminated. It’s obvious he’s still there.