"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

pacz360
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by pacz360 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:54 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Not to mention that in #110 he literally just shrugged UI off and matched him blow for blow (when he was apparently not even using his full power yet). Here, he can't believe Goku dodged him and when he gets punched, he almost spills his guts out.
Who cares at this point, Anime Jiren is the biggest pile of trash in the history of anime, the more he gets buried the better.
You just love saying asinine stuff do u?
Last edited by pacz360 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:07 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Twitter can be really toxic sometimes, Super staff should avoid having it.
make that all the time

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:18 am

perucho1990 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
What does the 80s have to do with anything? Do you think complex heroes and villains only became a thing recently? And the schedule has nothing to do with how they chose to portray a character and they really weren't trying to make U7 or Goku more likable since Goku being an asshole is more played up in the anime.

More like they became popular in the last 15 years, thats why we got a lot of them in popular series like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Hero Academia, Attack on Titan, even the likes of Rick and Morty.

It was clear the crew tried to make U7 likeable from the moment we saw Ganos act obnoxious.

Jiren is supposed to be a hero yet they make him a douche to the point he will get buried to oblivion in episode 130, and that will be his memorable moment.
being complex doesnt make you good nor the series you mentioned have complex villians they just have more depth to them as characters
bnha especially have no complex villians
lol at big j getting stomped

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:48 am

Pannaliciour wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
Akeem wrote: Ok you got me there, but still there was only like 3 transformations through out the entire original dragon and it only helped them once..
Goku with Great Ape multiple times, Piccolo as a giant, Roshi with his "MAX Power" mode where he enhances his musculature multiple times, Tenshinhan with his four arms mode multiple times... I can go on, but there were also a substantial amount of transformation in the original Dragon Ball. The number of transformations only exploded in Z.
Exactly!

In history of dragon ball z every arc had a new transformation besides the saiyen arc. In Super there are 5 arc's with a total of 3 new transformation. Not counting Trunks beserk and Vegeta Hyper blue (no official statement that it is done by Toriyama. Also UI is part of Mastered UI so I am only counting mastered UI as a new form.

Technically originally ssj god was part of Blue and ssj god was not use anymore but somehow they did.
You can't selectively count and not count transformations.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:48 am

pacz360 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
What does the 80s have to do with anything? Do you think complex heroes and villains only became a thing recently? And the schedule has nothing to do with how they chose to portray a character and they really weren't trying to make U7 or Goku more likable since Goku being an asshole is more played up in the anime.

More like they became popular in the last 15 years, thats why we got a lot of them in popular series like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Hero Academia, Attack on Titan, even the likes of Rick and Morty.

It was clear the crew tried to make U7 likeable from the moment we saw Ganos act obnoxious.

Jiren is supposed to be a hero yet they make him a douche to the point he will get buried to oblivion in episode 130, and that will be his memorable moment.
being complex doesnt make you good nor the series you mentioned have complex villians they just have more depth to them as characters
And stop making dragon ball naruto,fairy rail or even one piece.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Maaan this SSG Goku sculpt looks soo off and why is his clothes different too (Wtf Nakazawa?):
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

At least we know this is why they bought SSG Goku back in anime to sell more toys.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:02 pm

pacz360 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
HeroR wrote:

Fairy Tails' overall villain is actually complex. Even people who despised it admits he's probably one of the best written villains in manga and he's the only reason to even remote look at Fairy Tail.

One Piece has a mixed of complex villains, but they do have a lot of people who are dicks just cause.

MHA having 'complex' villains is a joke. They're about as complex as Silver Age Superman villains.

Naruto tries to have 'complex villains', but it comes off flat a lot of times and it seems the manga is trying to give excuses for horrible behavior.

AOT, honestly everyone on that show are assholes.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:31 pm

Looking forward to seeing those last batch of spoilers whenever they come out.

Mostly to get an idea as to what will happen in 131, if we get that.

I hope the fight ends midway through 130 and we have at least an episode and a half for the wrap-up.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:46 pm

I predict this, based on db heroes trailer 6 month ago. Goku UI will run out Freeza will fight Jiren or keep him busy till Goku recovers or time run out. But something terrible will happen then Goku will master UI

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:I predict this, based on db heroes trailer 6 month ago. Goku UI will run out Freeza will fight Jiren or keep him busy till Goku recovers or time run out. But something terrible will happen then Goku will master UI
Umm, goku already seems to have mastered it in 129, based on the white hair. I guess you have not seen the preview.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Maaan this SSG Goku sculpt looks soo off and why is his clothes different too (Wtf Nakazawa?):
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

At least we know this is why they bought SSG Goku back in anime to sell more toys.
What????! That’s SSJ4 Gogeta.. And a Base Kid Goku it appears. There’s no “SSG Goku” anywhere to be seen in this image as far as i can tell.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:17 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Maaan this SSG Goku sculpt looks soo off and why is his clothes different too (Wtf Nakazawa?):
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

What????! That’s SSJ4 Gogeta.. And a Base Kid Goku it appears. There’s no “SSG Goku” anywhere to be seen in this image as far as i can tell.
I was being sarcastic since Gogeta has red hair :P

Basically sums DBS merch in a nutshell, barely anything under the DBS brand is from the actual show.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:17 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

You’re either playing or didn’t get the joke.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:59 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

You’re kiddin,right? ... right??

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:07 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

I was being sarcastic since Gogeta has red hair :P

Basically sums DBS merch in a nutshell, barely anything under the DBS brand is from the actual show.
Aha okay! Now it finally makes sense! :P

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:21 pm

SSJ4 Gogeta has a better design than SSJ God IMO
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:42 pm

Goku's new technique?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

from xenoverse 2

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:55 pm

YamiGoku wrote:Goku's new technique?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

from xenoverse 2
A one-handed genki dama? He's so strong he only needs one hand to launch it. :mrgreen:

But seriously, it does look cool.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:33 am

Chuquita wrote:
YamiGoku wrote:Goku's new technique?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

from xenoverse 2
A one-handed genki dama? He's so strong he only needs one hand to launch it. :mrgreen:

But seriously, it does look cool.
Kid Buu vibe :D

Maybe he will say somethingl like : "You are selfish and arrogant Jiren. Try to tank this!"

I know I know, it was cheesy, but you know what I mean :D

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:53 am

TheMikado wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote: Goku with Great Ape multiple times, Piccolo as a giant, Roshi with his "MAX Power" mode where he enhances his musculature multiple times, Tenshinhan with his four arms mode multiple times... I can go on, but there were also a substantial amount of transformation in the original Dragon Ball. The number of transformations only exploded in Z.
Exactly!

In history of dragon ball z every arc had a new transformation besides the saiyen arc. In Super there are 5 arc's with a total of 3 new transformation. Not counting Trunks beserk and Vegeta Hyper blue (no official statement that it is done by Toriyama. Also UI is part of Mastered UI so I am only counting mastered UI as a new form.

Technically originally ssj god was part of Blue and ssj god was not use anymore but somehow they did.
You can't selectively count and not count transformations.
But butt you cant say Super is only avout transformation but totally ignoring the countless transformation in Z. Thats cherey picking my friend!