Master Ultra Instinct Black hair or Silver/White?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Goku786

Master Ultra Instinct Black hair or Silver/White?

Post by Goku786 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:06 pm

Do You Guys think the white/silver hair on Master Ultra instinct looks better than black hair?
My Favorite Dragon Ball Merchandise Store, trust me, click here, <--- BEST Ultra Instinct Goku Designs!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Master Ultra Instinct Black hair or Silver/White?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:18 pm

No. So far, I haven't seen anyone prefer white over black, but I'm sure there are several that do.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:25 pm

Black definitely looks better than silver hair. The silver eyes clashed with the black quite well and was a subtle change in his appearance which is how Ultra Instinct should look to me. With the silver hair and eyes with bright aura it's just too much, not to mention it doesn't go with his outfit color scheme too well.

Maybe my mind will change whenever I see it in motion doing cool stuff, so I'll just have to see.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:21 am

White is far superior

There's great meaning and significance to the color white. Goku's hair being white/silver symbolizes a much deeper meaning, that is either being ignored, or that people simply just don't know about yet

Goku's hair being white/silver actually fits the whole idea behind Ultra Instinct so perfectly

"White is the combination of all colours, and the indicator of light and brightness, with powerful meanings linked to all human rites of passage. White is associated with life and death, love and life, old and new, young and old"

Think about that. Mastered UI is Goku's most powerful form ever. It's Goku's ultimate form. It's the beginning and end. The end of SSJ and the beginning of UI. It's Goku's passage from mortal into anglehood level power.

White/silver will represent the zen state of UI mastered Goku perfectly and make Goku seem like the true martial arts master he is

More definitions of white
"white symbolises purity, innocence and holiness. In Japan, white is also a sacred and pure colour, the colour of angels and gods"

Hmmmm.....doesnt it make you wonder why they chose white/silver for Goku's hair In his mastered UI form?

Again "The color of angels"....I've been telling people that Goku with his new mastered UI form would be approaching the lower tier of angels.

It's also fitting that Goku who has a purity and innocence of heart, now has the hair color that signifies that while in his most powerful and zen like form.

”White is also the colour of cleanliness (important in Japan), and can also represent reverence, purity, simplicity"

As you can see, white/silver was the perfect choice on all fronts

I just don't understand how anyone could like black or prefer black. Especially when in the anime, it's going to look even more amazing in motion (and with the auras and everything else) etc.

I even liked SSJ much better then base form Goku black hair of OMEN. The yellow hair of SSJ was still much more visually appealing to me too

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:14 am

His hair is silver, not white.

And I prefer the black hair.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:09 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:No. So far, I haven't seen anyone prefer white over black, but I'm sure there are several that do.
After seeing Toriyama's version and getting over the initial shock, I prefer it over the black hair, but that only applies to Toriyama's version, the sliver haired more muscular anime version just doesn't compete..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:46 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:His hair is silver, not white.

And I prefer the black hair.
Silver is a shade of grey which in turn can be a shade of white

White/silver/gray can all look very similar

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:36 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:No. So far, I haven't seen anyone prefer white over black, but I'm sure there are several that do.
After seeing Toriyama's version and getting over the initial shock, I prefer it over the black hair, but that only applies to Toriyama's version, the sliver haired more muscular anime version just doesn't compete..
I bet this will change your mind: )

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:51 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
I bet this will change your mind: )

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
What do I win? :D
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:52 pm

^ That looks cool, but if you photoshop the hair black and give it the UI aura, it'll look cooler. =P
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:00 pm

Like others, I too prefer the "Omen" version.

It really felt like this wasn't just some other transformation, but a power that Goku must learn to utilize more effectively. It's the whole concept of Saiyan hair colour. Generally speaking, when a Saiyan transforms, his/her hair changes colour to denote a simple increase in strength and combat effectiveness.

After a point, the whole notion of transformations like this just gets tiresome.

But Ultra Instinct Omen? It was different, it was subtle, it really conveyed how Goku wasn't simply powering up in a boring fashion but instead redefining how his power worked. The subtle but otherwise minute differences from his base form where different from the normal Super Saiyan forms, but there was enough change to make it stand out still as its own thing.

Now, I'm starting to warm up to the Perfected Ultra Instinct's design a bit more now that I'm seeing more of it in action, but ultimately, I still prefer the subtle changes of the Ultra Instinct Omen.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:04 pm

Black easily. I just think it looks cool.

I'm way pickier when it comes to grey. I like Trunks' light purple grey hair. Yellow grey can look nice depending on the character; Chobits' Chii.

White grey always has the off chance of making your character look old. That's why I think it only works, at least for me, when you go out of your way to make the character look young, or at most a teenager. It's why I think silver-haired Inuyasha works, why silver-haired Queen Serenity works, why Precure's grey haired Twilight and Eas work.

None of the figures of silver UI Gokû have hit the mark for me so far, but they're not what matters; it's how he'll look in Super that does, imo. And it's still too early to tell.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:09 pm

Black haired version. Might change my mind once I see it in action, but for now I liked the incomplete UI design loads more. The hints of silver in his hair with the silver-grey eyes looked awesome.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:21 pm

Black hair here aswell. The “Omen” version just looks PERFECT. So i was initially very dissapointed when i found out they were changing it to silver. Toriyama and Yamamuro’s art design of the form looked very ugly to me initially. But i’m going to reserve my judgement until i actually see it in action in the anime. I’m sure it will be fine and end up liking it. It’s just that, why change something that already looks perfect??! Black, being a dark color, looks serious and powerful! What’s more, it literally is Goku’s Base Form! Which i always found to be the perfect form for a literal “God Form”. No more transformations or recolors, just Goku with God ki in his Base Form!!!

But it’s okay guys. I’m sure it will look fine this silver.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:30 pm

Black hair.

Now it's just another Super Saiyan hair color swap.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:32 pm

The Omen looks way cooler. "Mastered" Ultra Instinct should have just granted Goku the ability to use UI in his base form without the need to ever transform again.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:38 pm

Havent seen white in action yet. But it kinda gives Goku the look of a veteran martial artist. Which is cool in itself.

Plus black hair with silver eyes looks incomplete.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Nope. I prefer the black haired look. The hair color changes are getting kind of silly at this point.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:51 pm

Yes, far better!!

If the hair was more spiked, i would prefer the black hair, but the silver hair makes it more "distant" from the form base, and i prefer transformations not so close in appearance to base form.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:39 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:^ That looks cool, but if you photoshop the hair black and give it the UI aura, it'll look cooler. =P
I just tried that and it looks so out of place lol. White/silver was definitely the right choice: )