Do you like the Super Saiyan Blue form?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Re: Do you like the Super Saiyan Blue form?

Post by Fizzer » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:51 pm

Literally only for the SSB+Kaioken, which looks great and gave us an epic scene in episode 39. Other than that it did nothing that couldn't have been done with SSG. Replace every instance of it with SSG and nothing really changes story-wise, except SSG with Kaioken wouldn't look good.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:52 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Blue is literally the same thing in the manga

Toyotaro just uses it less.

But if anything, I feel Toyotaro placing a stamina drain or artifical stamina problem on Blue kind of nerfed Blue and blatantly went against the whole concept of the form "efficient god ki"

The whole point of Blue was supposed to be that because its god ki, its a more efficient powerful SS with superior energy and utilisation

It just goes to show how Toyotaro really doesnt understand Toriyama's visions and the essence of Dragon Ball

Even though the Toriyama/Toei anime used Blue way too much, it actually was an efficient form that could be used at any time because Goku and Vegeta were shown to have such a firm grasp of it

...and regardless of anything else, I will always prefer moving animation with music, and will always prefer TO WATCH the newest form in the anime etc
Source for the bolded?

You do realise that the stamina issue for ssb was also present in anime during U6 tournament and it was just handwaved and brought back in top without showing it.At least,support your bias with facts instead of random non sense.
Thats no way to have a discussion. Calling me biased. Saying I'm writing non sense. Check your tone and learn to respectfully discuss.

Simply watch the anime where its stated again and again that Blue is a more energy efficient form then SSGod.
You ask me to check my tone,I ask you to check your facts.I get it that you don't like manga and toyotaro and I can respect that.But,you should not mix facts with your and start manufacturing your own facts."SSBKK was in the outline or at least approved by toriyama,of course it was opposite for ssr vegeta and vegetto,the latter of which was universally hated.""I am glad that toriyama stopped toyotaro from interfering in anime,even though half of hakaishins are designed by toyotaro,they brought red and blue switch from manga and it is not proved."Along,with other mumbo jumbo with no sources.I am not claiming to be unbiased,but facts are not opinions nor opinions are facts.
I just checked again.In episode 38,before goku starts fighting hit.Hit asks why he does not transform to which goku replies ssb drains stamina so he is saving it till he finds a way to counter hit.
Similarly in episode 104,goku uses red and blue strategy not only to maximise speed but also his stamina.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:28 pm

I love the blue hair, so yes. I wish the original red form didn't exist.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:49 pm

I assume you're talking about SSGSS? Yes I love the form. Original SS was over used after it debut in Namek to the point it was Goku's base form for a bit, so I don't really see it's overuse as an issue. Hell the form was matched by Freeza in it's debut so I don't also have an issue with people being able to match it.

My issue with the form isn't with the form itself but that fact it should have been an opportunity to make the previous forms redundant, I think that would also soften the "recolour" complaints.

It's also the only SS form to have any partial explanation on it's name, which is why I hate SSB as it killed it.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:28 pm

I've seen the ROF-arc again in dub recently where Blue was first introduced. And i actually didn't think it was that bad. I actually liked the way how Blue was first introduced in the anime, with the giant mystic blue bubble and Goku bursting out of it, more than how it was managed in the movie. Although the fighting itself had better animation in the movie.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:06 am

Its got super saiyan 3 syndrome. It never really accomplished much in the anime.

This is definitely an area the manga surpasses the anime. Because when the form is busted out, it dominates.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:49 am

Yes far better than the SSG IMO.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:05 pm

I do like SSB.

I think it's a neat concept and had some good moments. I also like how it became a staple form; others disagree, but I liked how it basically became THE go-to form for Goku and Vegeta, with their gains mainly being in improving the form itself through simple training or evolving it, like with Kaioken or Vegeta's new Evolved SSB.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:10 pm

I love it, though I'm not keen on that hideous teal color it's sometimes drawn with. When it's the proper shade of blue it looks great.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:52 pm

I love it, since i like blue, and that blue aura, it looks godly. And when it is drawn perfectly in some eps, darn it looks awesome.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:18 am

SSB grew on me over time, it looks good when it's drawn well, (When it really looks blue) altough most of the time it looks pretty bad (When it's more cyan than actual blue).