"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:35 pm

Lightdasher wrote:
Unrelated to the intros, I wanted to ask a general question to everyone still playing the game: how is it holding up now? Up to the game's release, it was hard to not hear about it, and nearly everyone I knew was playing it from release day to a few weeks after. Since then, the hype seems to have died down considerably. I know it's far from dead, but I get the feeling a lot of more casual players left due to the frustration of dealing with pro teams, and I've been told by a few players with more history in general fighting games that this game feels a little too lax in terms of its mechanics (such as autocombos being quite powerful on their own, the dash being perhaps too effective, not many ultimates having great synergy, etc). Thoughts from those here?
I’m still playing the game a few hours every day, but the higher you get into the ranking the more you start to notice that “manual” combos are pretty automatic also, it’s my biggest problem with the game. It’s so annoying how if your opponent opens you up on your defense ONE time they can go into a “manual” combo that takes away at the very least 3/4 of your health with literally no way of stopping it once the animation gets started. I honestly don’t know a good way to fix this because I think scaling the damage down wouldn’t help, but there definitely needs to be more defensive options available for players to stop these 15 second long combos.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Anybody watch the Winter Brawl? The top 8 was amazingly entertaining and the storyline of ChrisG vs SonicFox made for hype that could even grab people who usually don't watch tournaments.

Bandai really needs to create a league like the Capcom Tour for their games. We also really need more characters.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:10 pm

Patch Notes are out: http://dba.bn-ent.net/?p=220

Google translation:
[spoiler]"Thank you for your continuous support of "Dragon Ball FighterZ".

We will inform you about the update content scheduled to be delivered at the end of February. (After this update, please understand beforehand that old version of replay data can not be played with battle specification modification.)

<Update content> · Implement "Party Match".

· Expand the following functions of "Replay Channel". ○ Follow channel ○ Search channel

· Improve the convenience of Arcade Mode ○ Change the flow so that you can select the destination by the result after clearing the course. ○ Add 'Return to Course Selection' and 'Return to Character Select' to the option in battle.

· We will make the controller vibrate when matching "Wake stage match" "Rank match" "Casual match".

· Update the replay data version. ※ After this update, please understand that old version of replay data can not be played.

<Play> · Improve the stability of motion.

· Modify the display related to each effect, effect, etc. in the game.

· After doing Dragon Rush <Forced change>, fix the phenomenon that the winning judgment will be reversed if you attack in such a way that the position will change with the opponent at the moment the opponent appeared.

<Online> · We will partially change and optimize the specifications to improve matching situation. In this case, we will strive to improve matching situation.

· DLC "Commentator & BGM pack" music will change the specification so that the music set by 1P and 2P will flow.

Please continue to support "Dragon Ball FighterZ", thank you.[/spoiler]

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:12 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:So rumour is going around from a supposed Bandai Namco employee plans have started for a Season Pass 2. So far they've only decided on the characters. Again this is just a rumour so take it with a grain of salt.
The packs are said to be:
Tapion and Gogeta
Roshi and Videl with Great Saiyaman
Raditz and Zarbon
Cabba and Kale with Caulifla.

Not bad I guess. I like Tapion, Roshi, Videl, Raditz and Kale/Caulfila. But I don't care for Zarbon or Cabba. Gogeta I think is fair if Vegetto is in too.
Link to actual post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments ... scvi_dbfz/

I'm still confused about Tapion being in and NOT JANEMBA?!?!
If there is any DBZ character with gameplay potential, its Janemba.
Tapion, really? I`m sure he got fans but...dunno. Seems out there.

You want someone else with a sword, make a Desert Bandid skin/alternative Costume with a Puar assist where he transforms into a sword for a couple specials.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:53 pm

Hopefully Broly's win poses will make up for the disappointing intro.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:37 pm

LightBing wrote:Patch Notes are out: http://dba.bn-ent.net/?p=220

Google translation:

We will inform you about the update content scheduled to be delivered at the end of February. (After this update, please understand beforehand that old version of replay data can not be played with battle specification modification.)

· Expand the following functions of "Replay Channel". ○ Follow channel ○ Search channel

· Improve the convenience of Arcade Mode ○ Change the flow so that you can select the destination by the result after clearing the course. ○ Add 'Return to Course Selection' and 'Return to Character Select' to the option in battle.

· We will make the controller vibrate when matching "Wake stage match" "Rank match" "Casual match".

· Update the replay data version. ※ After this update, please understand that old version of replay data can not be played.

· After doing Dragon Rush <Forced change>, fix the phenomenon that the winning judgment will be reversed if you attack in such a way that the position will change with the opponent at the moment the opponent appeared.

<Online> · We will partially change and optimize the specifications to improve matching situation. In this case, we will strive to improve matching situation.

· DLC "Commentator & BGM pack" music will change the specification so that the music set by 1P and 2P will flow.

Ah, nice to see that apparently, we'll be able to choose the road we want in Arcade mode (albeit with upper roads probably being blocked if you didn't score well, but at least it lets us choose inferior roads if we want to).
Olympian wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote: I'm still confused about Tapion being in and NOT JANEMBA?!?!
If there is any DBZ character with gameplay potential, its Janemba.
Tapion, really? I`m sure he got fans but...dunno. Seems out there.

You want someone else with a sword, make a Desert Bandid skin/alternative Costume with a Puar assist where he transforms into a sword for a couple specials.
Well, if you want someone else with a sword, Janemba is also there, but with possibly more intricate moves to offer.
EXBadguy wrote:Hopefully Broly's win poses will make up for the disappointing intro.
Judging by one of the images of the scans, it's possible he will just scream or laugh like a maniac while the environment around gets destroyed by his burst of energy. But we'll see.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:54 am

LightBing wrote:Anybody watch the Winter Brawl? The top 8 was amazingly entertaining and the storyline of ChrisG vs SonicFox made for hype that could even grab people who usually don't watch tournaments.

Bandai really needs to create a league like the Capcom Tour for their games. We also really need more characters.
I watched some of the early parts and all of top 8. Some great matches and surprised at the drastic change between ChrisG vs Sonicfox matches. Almost wonder if he threw the first one for some reason. But in all the other matches ChrisG's 18 seems like he is playing a completely different game. I'd seen his 18 before on youtube but even compared to the other 18's at the tourney his looked so far ahead, like he had turbo speed hacks somehow.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:33 am

LightBing wrote:Patch Notes are out: http://dba.bn-ent.net/?p=220

Google translation:

Well how about they make the controller vibrate during the gameplay.
My English is poor .

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:03 am

Here's what I reckon they should add; an update to the Battle History that shows everyone you matched and initiated a battle with, not just ones that ended in a victory. That would make it easier to track down and mark rage quitters. I like that the option to mark people is there, but it's no help if the person RQ'd before finishing a round so there's no record of it. Also he's from Italy and just been called away by his mum to have dinner, so unless you want to want to go stalking international lobbies for hours on end, you have to just let him get away with it.

I've played 170 ranked games and won less than half of them. I accept all my losses, and forgive me for being bitter thinking about all the matches I could have won if not for some saddo's trophy boner. Just hit Android rank and it's only going to get harder as the further up you go the more cowards (COWARDS) you run into that will flee the moment you get them down to their third character, or even just snag them with a cheeky raw level three. It's a legitimate tactic!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:23 am

Kataphrut wrote: I've played 170 ranked games and won less than half of them. I accept all my losses, and forgive me for being bitter thinking about all the matches I could have won if not for some saddo's trophy boner. Just hit Android rank and it's only going to get harder as the further up you go the more cowards (COWARDS) you run into that will flee the moment you get them down to their third character, or even just snag them with a cheeky raw level three. It's a legitimate tactic!
Has this been a legitimate problem for you? I’m up to Supreme Kai rank and in the time I’ve been playing since release I’ve really only had ONE person that I can think of that I know for a fact rage quit and it was my fault that it happened. I never never never play anybody that has a purple name, but I decided to do it one time and I got burned, so lesson learned on my part.

I’ve still had a lot of games dropped from server issues also though, so it might not always be someone rage quitting.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:55 pm

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:FighterZ is the biggest fighting game digital launch ever.
Wrong link.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:58 pm

Simere wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:FighterZ is the biggest fighting game digital launch ever.
Wrong link.
My bad. :shifty:

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:22 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Kataphrut wrote: I've played 170 ranked games and won less than half of them. I accept all my losses, and forgive me for being bitter thinking about all the matches I could have won if not for some saddo's trophy boner. Just hit Android rank and it's only going to get harder as the further up you go the more cowards (COWARDS) you run into that will flee the moment you get them down to their third character, or even just snag them with a cheeky raw level three. It's a legitimate tactic!
Has this been a legitimate problem for you? I’m up to Supreme Kai rank and in the time I’ve been playing since release I’ve really only had ONE person that I can think of that I know for a fact rage quit and it was my fault that it happened. I never never never play anybody that has a purple name, but I decided to do it one time and I got burned, so lesson learned on my part.

I’ve still had a lot of games dropped from server issues also though, so it might not always be someone rage quitting.
I'm surprised it's happening as often as it is to me given I'm not even that good a player. I have had some disconnects that I'd definitely chalk up to server issues, but it's usually pretty obvious when someone's RQ'd. If it happens when I'm close to winning, or they have a suspiciously high W/L ratio, or during a level 3 animation, there's usually an even chance they quit.

It's not that big of a problem for me, I wouldn't say it's the majority of matches I play. But I have noticed it happening more often, and it's always frustrating when it does because it robs me of an earned win, and if it was round one I can't even get the petty satisfaction of marking them.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:35 pm

Kataphrut wrote:
It's not that big of a problem for me, I wouldn't say it's the majority of matches I play. But I have noticed it happening more often, and it's always frustrating when it does because it robs me of an earned win, and if it was round one I can't even get the petty satisfaction of marking them.
How do you mark people?
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:57 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:
How do you mark people?
Just look them up in the player list, hit triangle/Y to add them to 'marked' list. That gives them a red name, so you know not to match with them again. Don't know if it shows that for other people, but I know purple names for rage quitters are a thing, so maybe it adds to that.

Battle History shows all the people you've matched with, but only those whose matches ended in a victory or defeat. So you can't easily mark people who quit on the first round unless they happened to be in the same lobby as you.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:32 pm

New patch is out. Kame-House is now open for party matches.

Edit: And it seems to be broken. 2 games and it disconnects at the start...

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:44 am

https://store.playstation.com/en-au/pro ... MUSIC00001
Music Pack is out it seems. $22 AU for 11 songs and no freakin way am I buying this overpriced garbage.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:30 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:https://store.playstation.com/en-au/pro ... MUSIC00001
Music Pack is out it seems. $22 AU for 11 songs and no freakin way am I buying this overpriced garbage.
Yeah it should be no more than 10 bucks imo.
My English is poor .

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:15 am

The game is tremendous, and the new patch has some nice improvements, but I really am anxious for the promised improved connection stability to show itself in the forthcoming patch. I'm positive a good amount of my opponents have rage quit, but the issues with the game randomly booting people out of the lobby (and thus any match they are in) are well known.

I've been booted out a few times myself. I'd rather it assign an automatic loss and award/subtract points for the proper parties, even if it is to my detriment than the system the game uses now. Luckily it only seems to be a sporadic thing. Often when it's at its worst the game dumps people from the match less than 5 seconds in. Once that happens I just go to training for an hour or two.

Still as bad as it can be at times I feel like the online launch of this game has gone more smoothly than either Street Fighter or MKX in their early days, and if this next patch delivers I'll have no complaints.