Master Ultra Instinct Black hair or Silver/White?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Goku786

Re: Master Ultra Instinct Black hair or Silver/White?

Post by Goku786 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:29 pm

White Does Look Good, but it didn't hit me as hard as black hair did.
My Favorite Dragon Ball Merchandise Store, trust me, click here, <--- BEST Ultra Instinct Goku Designs!

Goku786

Post by Goku786 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:33 pm

But Then again my final decision will only come, When I see him in the episode in True Ultra Instinct Form
... By the way:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfu1U1QFzT2/

^^^^that design is pretty nice too
My Favorite Dragon Ball Merchandise Store, trust me, click here, <--- BEST Ultra Instinct Goku Designs!

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:42 pm

I liked the idea of "breaking through shell" thing being more of a state, than a full out transformation, I prefer the Black haired version. But between the Toei and Toriyama versions of silver, I'd pick Toriyama's

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:33 pm

I would have liked silver a lot more if I wasn't thinking it would be black all this time...and looking back, it's obvious it wasn't going to be. The streaks of silver that were already in his hair, the idea that he hadn't mastered it yet, the whole 兆し/kizashi thing. I should have been prepared for it.

Black hair gave it more of a "final form" sense. Now it's just another form I don't want or expect to be his last. Which is fine, I'm not somebody who's sick of new forms. It just feels a little less special now is all.

Honestly, just the silver eyes looked a little silly in some shots. Having silver hair too would fix much of those awkward looks. I've seen some beautiful fan art of the silver hair; I think this one is my favorite so far. So, in the end, I may ultimately end up thinking silver was absolutely the way to go for Ultra Instinct. But UI Omen has shown me that I definitely want Goku's most powerful form to have black hair.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:46 pm

If we could've had the hair standing up slightly without the silver irises at all, I think THAT would probably be the best look for the Ultra Instinct.

Really play up how Goku's power isn't increasing, but rather changing.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:11 pm

I see very, very, very few people who prefer the silver hair to the black. I don't like the silver very much but it's not terrible, I think if we had it from the very beginning we all would have liked it anyway, but I just don't see the point in it. "Mastered Ultra Instinct" should have just been him able to use Ultra Instinct without the heat issue and without running out of time like he did in 110.

I just don't think silver/white hair fits Goku.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:14 pm

Asura wrote:I see very, very, very few people who prefer the silver hair to the black. I don't like the silver very much but it's not terrible, I think if we had it from the very beginning we all would have liked it anyway, but I just don't see the point in it. "Mastered Ultra Instinct" should have just been him able to use Ultra Instinct without the heat issue and without running out of time like he did in 110.

I just don't think silver/white hair fits Goku.
I feel the same. There was no reason for a hair color change. They could have just added the red part of the aura and the 'ring' around him for the complete version like we saw in the original promo art.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:11 am

Black looks far better with the stark contrast of his silver eyes and streaks of silver hairs. Silver doesn't look bad like red hair in God mode but it ain't rocking my boots off either.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:54 am

Sign or "Omen" if you will was an amazing transformation, in that it was just as subtle if not more than God and Blue (by "subtle" i mean the opposite of "over-designed"), while conveying huge badassery and intensity matching or even surpassing that of SSj4 (which many fans appreciated). It also showed that recolors are not needed to create an amazing new transformation. Still, much like SSj4 itself, this form does indeed feel transitional and/or incomplete, for the very same reasons that make it so cool. I really like the state, but I'm not knocking the white-haired completed version just yet. It may yet turn out to be even cooler than the Sign state, much like SSj5 would have been tons cooler than SSj4 was, had it ever been introduced to a mainstream DB product.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:28 am

I'll take Black hair Ultra Instinct simply because of it's simplistically and return back towards base form
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:59 am

I'd need to see a good side by side comparison but possibly the Mastered one because it has a more distinct appearance and I like the purple in it.

Omen looks good but it some shots it just looks kinda plain, though that's generally true for most forms.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:27 am

Bullza wrote:I'd need to see a good side by side comparison but possibly the Mastered one because it has a more distinct appearance and I like the purple in it.

Omen looks good but it some shots it just looks kinda plain, though that's generally true for most forms.
Uhm Omen had purple in it’s aura too. Don’t people pay attention? The aura is the exact same he always had. The only thing that’s changed is the hair and eyebrow colors, nothing else.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:49 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Uhm Omen had purple in it’s aura too. Don’t people pay attention? The aura is the exact same he always had. The only thing that’s changed is the hair and eyebrow colors, nothing else.
The Mastered version has purples waves of aura going up throughout his body. In the Omen version does not.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:46 am

Bullza wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Uhm Omen had purple in it’s aura too. Don’t people pay attention? The aura is the exact same he always had. The only thing that’s changed is the hair and eyebrow colors, nothing else.
The Mastered version has purples waves of aura going up throughout his body. In the Omen version does not.
Interesting. Just checked and yes he does indeed, hadn’t noticed it yet.