Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures.

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:33 pm

HeroR wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: Kale, Caulifla and Jiren are the hardest figures to get out of their respective sets too. I don't know whether that's because they had lower production runs or if people are snatching them up to scalp, but they typically sell for several times retail price if you didn't preorder them. But the old characters? Piss easy to get.
I'm more mad that there's no Control Berserk Kale figures since it's honestly the best golden Super Saiyan form to date and it gets no love.
I am too. They might get around to it eventually though. We didn't get a Super Saiyan Cabba or Magetta WCF figure until the baseball set came out. And Caulifla's coming out in a mixed Saiyan set with Veku/Gogeta and GT Goku/Vegeta.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: Kale, Caulifla and Jiren are the hardest figures to get out of their respective sets too. I don't know whether that's because they had lower production runs or if people are snatching them up to scalp, but they typically sell for several times retail price if you didn't preorder them. But the old characters? Piss easy to get.
Probably Banpresto being cheeky bastards again. For the Final Hope Slash Trunks the one with the separate sword piece they released one sword per SIX regular figures!!! Thus the actual Trunks figure is dirt cheap about 800yen but the sword is like 3-4 times that cost...!
Now that is some bullshit. It's bad enough that the sword was a separate accessory in the first place!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:42 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote: Now that is some bullshit. It's bad enough that the sword was a separate accessory in the first place!
It is quite clever though I have to give it to them, make the Trunks figure easy to win and then make kids/collectors want to go for the rare-er Sword piece thus drop a lot of money on the crane games trying to get it!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:56 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:So you mean all the 60+ different characters that were introduced in the ToP from the other universes won’t even get merch?? Wtf!
Kale one mini figure. Caulifla one mini figure. Kafla one mini figure (premium). Kalfa one mini keychain figure. Bergamo one mini keychain figure and mouse GoD one mini keychain figure that is it for the non Jiren new characters... Meanwhile we've probably had 40 different types of SSGSS Goku since the arc started last Feb :lol: ...
Surely the Gods of Destruction introduced in the ToP should have gotten merch??

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:01 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:So you mean all the 60+ different characters that were introduced in the ToP from the other universes won’t even get merch?? Wtf!
Kale one mini figure. Caulifla one mini figure. Kafla one mini figure (premium). Kalfa one mini keychain figure. Bergamo one mini keychain figure and mouse GoD one mini keychain figure that is it for the non Jiren new characters... Meanwhile we've probably had 40 different types of SSGSS Goku since the arc started last Feb :lol: ...
I think only Champa got a figure. In Dokkan, none of the gods except Beerus and Champa got cards. Vados doesn't even have a card in Dokkan as crazy as that is.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:06 pm

HeroR wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
I think only Champa got a figure. In Dokkan, none of the gods except Beerus and Champa got cards. Vados doesn't even have a card in Dokkan as crazy as that is.
Quitella got a little keychain figure and they all got cards for SDBH (where I believe they use their unique attacks from the manga), but I'm pretty sure that's it. The Gods of Destruction have less merchandise than Zeno's attendants. :lol:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:11 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
HeroR wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Quitella got a little keychain figure and they all got cards for SDBH (where I believe they use their unique attacks from the manga), but I'm pretty sure that's it. The Gods of Destruction have less merchandise than Zeno's attendants. :lol:
Speaking of, I bought this set recently from an AmazonJP sale before it shoots up in price! (Infact I think it may already have.)

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:13 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Speaking of, I bought this set recently from an AmazonJP sale before it shoots up in price! (Infact I think it may already have.)
How much did it cost? I've been trying to get my hands on a Jiren figure and I haven't been able to find that one for less than $30. The one from the WCF collection has a really fugly head sculpt. :shock:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:22 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Speaking of, I bought this set recently from an AmazonJP sale before it shoots up in price! (Infact I think it may already have.)
How much did it cost? I've been trying to get my hands on a Jiren figure and I haven't been able to find that one for less than $30. The one from the WCF collection has a really fugly head sculpt. :shock:
About 8000yen for the set, which was about 2000 more than what Premium Bandai were selling it at however like all Premium Bandai sets they go OOP after release, I didn't bothering putting an pre order in either time which I regret lol.

Though this was the first occasion that they did a second printing of a set (in December) because it was so popular (which was right around the special which I don't think is a coincidence given people were probably high off Goku vs Jiren!)

I wanted just Goku and Jiren but both Goku and Jiren from the set are selling at like 3500-4000yen on their own so figured get the set instead lol.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:04 pm

Would people find it useful if when I next update the OP adding current Japanese market value to the figures? It might be useful in case you come across a deal to see if it's worth it or not. (Prize figures that aren't released I'll just add the base ¥1,300 starting value).

FrostByte
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FrostByte » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:37 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I was mistaken re:RoS

More blanked out Merch what could this possibly mean now?
YES!!! That's EoZ Gi.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:49 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Would people find it useful if when I next update the OP adding current Japanese market value to the figures? It might be useful in case you come across a deal to see if it's worth it or not. (Prize figures that aren't released I'll just add the base ¥1,300 starting value).
That would be helpful if it's not too much trouble! A price guide would be a great asset.
FrostByte wrote:

YES!!! That's EoZ Gi.
Spoilers for something we've known about for 22 years. What a time. :lol:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:14 am

Just waiting for Nakazawa's UI Goku now... Honestly pretty excited to see what he's cooked up he's doing some of his best work for the Son Goku FES line. Hoping for an action pose with Goku using his elbows.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
FrostByte wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

YES!!! That's EoZ Gi.
I'm kinda suspicious now. Herms said it's hyping up "Goku's new form" but the thing that's making me also second guess is no base Goku figure has his lose hair strands... While I'm confident it'll be EoZ dogi but perhaps not base Goku? Maybe Toriyama's UI is how base Goku looks now?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:02 pm

A much more cleaner look at the DXF SPECIAL UI Goku:

==================================================================================================================================================
alakazam^ wrote:FAO
Hey alakazam^ I am just wondering if there is anything in the following image below that indicates there might be a second figure in the set? Thanks!

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Hey alakazam^ I am just wondering if there is anything in the following image below that indicates there might be a second figure in the set? Thanks!
Nope, nothing of the sort.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:40 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Hey alakazam^ I am just wondering if there is anything in the following image below that indicates there might be a second figure in the set? Thanks!
Nope, nothing of the sort.
Hmm that's strange, there is a second listing for the figure on the schedule but no reveal and now Banpresto moved on to revealing July figures. Thanks anyway it's probably looking like a mistake at this point then!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:44 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Just waiting for Nakazawa's UI Goku now... Honestly pretty excited to see what he's cooked up he's doing some of his best work for the Son Goku FES line. Hoping for an action pose with Goku using his elbows.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
FrostByte wrote: YES!!! That's EoZ Gi.
I'm kinda suspicious now. Herms said it's hyping up "Goku's new form" but the thing that's making me also second guess is no base Goku figure has his lose hair strands... While I'm confident it'll be EoZ dogi but perhaps not base Goku? Maybe Toriyama's UI is how base Goku looks now?
I wouldn't be surprised if some manufacturers roll out some 'Toriyama spec' UI Goku figures, if only because they can double-dip and use the mold to make base Goku too. :lol:

As for the strands, I kind of doubt the figure would actually have them. They would be really flimsy and easy to break.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:28 am

Just paid Varoq's BWFC SPECIAL in full, June feels like a century away! Personally I feel like that looks the best out of all UI figures, the dynamic pose, details, mold and color just come together so well. It also scales perfectly with all my other 7" figures so that's a plus. I will eventually get those other UI figures once they become more available.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:37 am

SuperNingenGod wrote:Just paid Varoq's BWFC SPECIAL in full, June feels like a century away! Personally I feel like that looks the best out of all UI figures, the dynamic pose, details, mold and color just come together so well. It also scales perfectly with all my other 7" figures so that's a plus. I will eventually get those other UI figures once they become more available.
Nice! Last years BWFC (or SCultures as it was named then) SPECIAL only game out in November and is already hard to come by at a good price, seems they're a lower print run plus with this being Goku's new form definitely wise pre ordering now!

Varoq truly is amazing he said he worked tirelessly with Banpresto so the mass production of his winning BWFC Trunks would be as close to his prototype as possible otherwise Banpresto may have pulled what they did last year to Nakazawa's poor Piccolo.

I basically have pre ordered and paid for all UI Goku except the Adverge, Shodo and key chain figure. Basically spent since August saving up for UI Merch. I'm so happy it's silver made the risk pay off big time.

Nakazawa's FES UI Goku is definitely one to also look forward too (July) aswell as Nakazawa is bringing his A game currently (and Banpresto fortunately aren't screwing him over too bad). I'm eagerly awaiting the reveal!

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:04 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SuperNingenGod wrote:Just paid Varoq's BWFC SPECIAL in full, June feels like a century away! Personally I feel like that looks the best out of all UI figures, the dynamic pose, details, mold and color just come together so well. It also scales perfectly with all my other 7" figures so that's a plus. I will eventually get those other UI figures once they become more available.
Nice! Last years BWFC (or SCultures as it was named then) SPECIAL only game out in November and is already hard to come by at a good price, seems they're a lower print run plus with this being Goku's new form definitely wise pre ordering now!

Varoq truly is amazing he said he worked tirelessly with Banpresto so the mass production of his winning BWFC Trunks would be as close to his prototype as possible otherwise Banpresto may have pulled what they did last year to Nakazawa's poor Piccolo.

I basically have pre ordered and paid for all UI Goku except the Adverge, Shodo and key chain figure. Basically spent since August saving up for UI Merch. I'm so happy it's silver made the risk pay off big time.

Nakazawa's FES UI Goku is definitely one to also look forward too (July) aswell as Nakazawa is bringing his A game currently (and Banpresto fortunately aren't screwing him over too bad). I'm eagerly awaiting the reveal!
There's a FES UI Goku coming? Awesome. I love the FES line, SSB Goku and SSJ3 kamehameha Goku are two of my all time favorite! Man so many figures to get, DB figures are truly poisonous to my wallet.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:31 am

WCF SAIYAN BRAVERY vol.2 full set

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]