How far could Universe 6 have gone if Caulifla never challenged Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

How far could Universe 6 have gone if Caulifla never challenged Goku?

Post by Asura » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:55 pm

Caulifla and Kale pretty much brought about their own demise when they decided to go up against the main character in a shonen anime. What if Caulifla didn't decide to challenge Goku though? If they fused into Kefla, they would be nigh unstoppable without UI Goku in their way. Plus, if they decided to team up with Saonel and Pirina as Caulifla and Kale, could they have potentially overtaken Piccolo and Gohan?

How far could the remaining members of U6 go (Caulifla, Kale, Saonel, Pirina) if they put off fighting Goku as little as possible after Cabba was eliminated?

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: How far could Universe 6 have gone if Caulifla never challenged Goku?

Post by Zagacious » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:17 pm

Also if Hit never challenged Jiren, TBH they didn't play it very smart. They would easily be the 3rd strongest universe, maybe #2 if they planned it out perfectly. The Trio De Dangers (and all of U9) also made an epic mistake by challenging Goku, I imagine they could be #3 or #4 if they played it right.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:03 pm

They would have eventually crossed paths with Universe 7 no matter what. It's possible they could have lasted until close to the end -- same time when U3 was finally erased. I could only see events being altered if they were able to confront and eliminate another of U7's major players like Vegeta, Gohan, Freeza, or #17. Any one of those others being removed from the field could have a severe ripple effect in the transpiring of the showdown between U7 and U11. Who knows? It could force Goku to use Kaioken earlier than anticipated in order to deal with Anilaza. Toppo might get eliminated by Kefla. Saonel and Pirina could be confronted by Dyspo. Anything is possible.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Even if Kefla didn't fight UI goku she would have had to take on either GoD Toppo or Jiren so still would have been gone very quickly imo

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:27 pm

Best thing to have would be Cauliflla and Kale to go to ground and wait till Goku and Jiren beat eachother senseless. then have the fuse and snatch the win.

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:19 pm

Zagacious wrote:Also if Hit never challenged Jiren, TBH they didn't play it very smart. They would easily be the 3rd strongest universe, maybe #2 if they planned it out perfectly. The Trio De Dangers (and all of U9) also made an epic mistake by challenging Goku, I imagine they could be #3 or #4 if they played it right.
Hit challenging Jiren like that always seemed strange to me, especially after seeing Goku getting utterly slaughtered without getting even a single hit in in SSB, who he was around equal with during the mini-arc where he kills Goku. Considering how smart and conservative he was before all of this with how he stuck close to his teammates and protected them, going after Jiren like that seemed like a dumb move.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:25 am

Zagacious wrote:Also if Hit never challenged Jiren, TBH they didn't play it very smart. They would easily be the 3rd strongest universe, maybe #2 if they planned it out perfectly. The Trio De Dangers (and all of U9) also made an epic mistake by challenging Goku, I imagine they could be #3 or #4 if they played it right.
That is what was Universe 6's problem. The y didn't know how to pick their match ups. They should fought characters they can handle and not after Jiren or Goku. If they did that, they would have lasted longer in the TOP.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:33 am

bad writing made U6 challenge the likes of jiren and goku instead of playing it smart. Champa's dumb ass wanted to eliminate 7 and didn't think about waiting and playing the long game.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:36 am

To be fair, challenging Goku wasn't the worst idea and it would have worked out had he not regained Ultra Instinct. The goal was to try and get stronger to pick up the slack from losing Hit. Really, that was where it all went wrong. I get that Hit probably thought he had the best chance and wanted to do Goku a solid, but Universe 11 was behind for most of the tourney, he would have been better off leaving Jiren alone.

Universe 6 was doing so well at the start, and give them props for having multiple secret weapons.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:05 am

Asura wrote:Hit challenging Jiren like that always seemed strange to me, especially after seeing Goku getting utterly slaughtered without getting even a single hit in in SSB, who he was around equal with during the mini-arc where he kills Goku. Considering how smart and conservative he was before all of this with how he stuck close to his teammates and protected them, going after Jiren like that seemed like a dumb move.
jplaya2023 wrote:bad writing made U6 challenge the likes of jiren and goku instead of playing it smart. Champa's dumb ass wanted to eliminate 7 and didn't think about waiting and playing the long game.
Agree with all of this. Hit challenging Jiren came off as the writers saying "Welp, time to get rid of Hit now. And what better way to do it then to have him pointlessly challenge Jiren. Let's hype Jiren even more, and this way the fans can't complain about Hit losing, because its JIREN."

Well, actually we can complain, not because Hit lost, but because of his intelligence, experience, and skills as an assassin, it just didn't seem like it would be in Hit's character to challenge Jiren like that. Hit losing to Jiren isn't the problem, as they would have to fight eventually. It's how inorganic the fight as a whole was that made Hit seem wasted. You don't have a plot point for anyone strong, just make them fight Jiren, he'll take care of it. That was Hit vs Jiren in a nutshell.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:24 pm

Everyone besides Goku is meaningless before Jiren, it wouldn't have made a difference if they all just jumped out right at the start, there wasn't even a 0.0000000000001% chance of them managing to do anything meaningful to Jiren.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:47 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Everyone besides Goku is meaningless before Jiren, it wouldn't have made a difference if they all just jumped out right at the start, there wasn't even a 0.0000000000001% chance of them managing to do anything meaningful to Jiren.
Except they could've won if the time runs out while they have more members. The dumbass Jiren has no sense of time, even during the last 2 minutes he's taking his time. Well, who are we lying to? It's obvious that only the absolute strength is what's going to matter in deciding the victor of the tournament despite all their hyping to strategies and teamwork.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:06 pm

They would have lasted longer but ultimately would have crossed paths with Jiren or Ultra Instinct Goku and would have been wiped out instantly.