Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures.

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:49 am

mute_proxy wrote:WCF SAIYAN BRAVERY vol.2 full set

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
So glad I pre-ordered Caulifla now. That sculpt is fab. Poor UI Goku's head looks lopsided thanks to that patch with no spikes. :lol:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:26 am

SuperNingenGod wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SuperNingenGod wrote:Just paid Varoq's BWFC SPECIAL in full, June feels like a century away! Personally I feel like that looks the best out of all UI figures, the dynamic pose, details, mold and color just come together so well. It also scales perfectly with all my other 7" figures so that's a plus. I will eventually get those other UI figures once they become more available.
Nice! Last years BWFC (or SCultures as it was named then) SPECIAL only game out in November and is already hard to come by at a good price, seems they're a lower print run plus with this being Goku's new form definitely wise pre ordering now!

Varoq truly is amazing he said he worked tirelessly with Banpresto so the mass production of his winning BWFC Trunks would be as close to his prototype as possible otherwise Banpresto may have pulled what they did last year to Nakazawa's poor Piccolo.

I basically have pre ordered and paid for all UI Goku except the Adverge, Shodo and key chain figure. Basically spent since August saving up for UI Merch. I'm so happy it's silver made the risk pay off big time.

Nakazawa's FES UI Goku is definitely one to also look forward too (July) aswell as Nakazawa is bringing his A game currently (and Banpresto fortunately aren't screwing him over too bad). I'm eagerly awaiting the reveal!
There's a FES UI Goku coming? Awesome. I love the FES line, SSB Goku and SSJ3 kamehameha Goku are two of my all time favorite! Man so many figures to get, DB figures are truly poisonous to my wallet.
I love the FES line too! Yeah there is a FES Special in July along with Stage 7 (SS4 Gogeta and repaint Kid Goku) so it has it be a UI Goku.

Here's a comparison to Nakazawa's 2016 KMH SS3 Goku vs his FES one... Like I said he's killing it and doing his best work on FES!! :
[spoiler]SCultures 2016
FES
Image[/spoiler]

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 01/03/18).

Post by DasMuse » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:27 pm

My manager friend at my local gamestop just made me aware of the new Dragon Stars sets that went into their system for pre-order as of today.
Looks like the BAF will be Legendary Kale

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:45 pm

DasMuse wrote:My manager friend at my local gamestop just made me aware of the new Dragon Stars sets that went into their system for pre-order as of today.

That's awesome! I'd love to get that Kale but man, $120 is a lot... :(

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:51 pm

DasMuse wrote:My manager friend at my local gamestop just made me aware of the new Dragon Stars sets that went into their system for pre-order as of today.

https://i.imgur.com/QFweoEv.jpg
"...can be combined to form the legendary fighter Kale..."
What? How's that supposed to work?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:54 pm

dbgtFO wrote:"...can be combined to form the legendary fighter Kale..."
It's a build-a-figure. Each figure comes packed with a different piece that can be snapped together to create a new figure. Wave 1 had Shenron and Wave 2 had...I think it was Merged Zamasu. The Marvel Legends figures are also like this. With this being a 6 figure wave, she'll probably be divided up into head/torso/arms/legs.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:16 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:"...can be combined to form the legendary fighter Kale..."
It's a build-a-figure. Each figure comes packed with a different piece that can be snapped together to create a new figure. Wave 1 had Shenron and Wave 2 had...I think it was Merged Zamasu. The Marvel Legends figures are also like this. With this being a 6 figure wave, she'll probably be divided up into head/torso/arms/legs.
Huh, that's neat. Thanks for the explanation.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:36 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The Build figures are the only decent looking ones from the series too in my opinion. A shame.

That said it's pretty good line up. If this was Japan we'd probably have gotten:
SSGSS Vegetto
SSGSS Vegeta
SSGSS Goku (old gi)
SSGSS KK Goku
SSGSS Blue shirt Goku
Jiren
... :lol:

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:13 pm

So there's still no merch for Vegeta's new form? Ironic how everyone was saying that Toei only created that form for marketing purposes
Get Fucked, C_unt

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:25 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:So there's still no merch for Vegeta's new form? Ironic how everyone was saying that Toei only created that form for marketing purposes
Nope it is now 9 months and counting...3 months of the year left to get merch of Vegeta's new form... instead we're just getting regular ol' SSGSS Vegeta!

To be frank most of the people saying that don't know what they're talking about and unsurprisingly it is always people who I have never seen on this thread. In fact I was thinking about making a new thread clearing some misconceptions about the merchandising of DBS and what we've actually learned, honestly I am fed up of whenever people don't like something in DBS they always "it was only done to sell toys". Spoiler alert if I do make it, then it was basically gonna be a massive rant about the merchandising of DBS as it has quite frankly been shambolic. How can you market a show sooooo much yet at the same time barely market it? That essentially sums it up.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:30 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:So there's still no merch for Vegeta's new form? Ironic how everyone was saying that Toei only created that form for marketing purposes
Nope it is now 9 months and counting...3 months of the year left to get merch of Vegeta's new form... instead we're just getting regular ol' SSGSS Vegeta!

To be frank most of the people saying that don't know what they're talking about and unsurprisingly it is always people who I have never seen on this thread. In fact I was thinking about making a new thread clearing some misconceptions about the merchandising of DBS and what we've actually learned, honestly I am fed up of whenever people don't like something in DBS they always "it was only done to sell toys". Spoiler alert if I do make it, then it was basically gonna be a massive rant about the merchandising of DBS as it has quite frankly been shambolic. How can you market a show sooooo much yet at the same time barely market it? That essentially sums it up.
People just like to blame the issues with Super on Toei somehow. Plus, Toei really sucks at marketing Super. I look back now and most of the marketing of Super has very inconsistent and messy at best. I want you to make that thread and educate those people who don't know what they are talking about.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:33 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SuperNingenGod wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Nice! Last years BWFC (or SCultures as it was named then) SPECIAL only game out in November and is already hard to come by at a good price, seems they're a lower print run plus with this being Goku's new form definitely wise pre ordering now!

Varoq truly is amazing he said he worked tirelessly with Banpresto so the mass production of his winning BWFC Trunks would be as close to his prototype as possible otherwise Banpresto may have pulled what they did last year to Nakazawa's poor Piccolo.

I basically have pre ordered and paid for all UI Goku except the Adverge, Shodo and key chain figure. Basically spent since August saving up for UI Merch. I'm so happy it's silver made the risk pay off big time.

Nakazawa's FES UI Goku is definitely one to also look forward too (July) aswell as Nakazawa is bringing his A game currently (and Banpresto fortunately aren't screwing him over too bad). I'm eagerly awaiting the reveal!
There's a FES UI Goku coming? Awesome. I love the FES line, SSB Goku and SSJ3 kamehameha Goku are two of my all time favorite! Man so many figures to get, DB figures are truly poisonous to my wallet.
I love the FES line too! Yeah there is a FES Special in July along with Stage 7 (SS4 Gogeta and repaint Kid Goku) so it has it be a UI Goku.

Here's a comparison to Nakazawa's 2016 KMH SS3 Goku vs his FES one... Like I said he's killing it and doing his best work on FES!! :
[spoiler]SCultures 2016
FES
Image[/spoiler]
Yeah absolutely, I have nothing but high expectation of his FES UI Goku 8). Hope he does one for the UI Omen too since that form looked nuts too.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:46 am

Here's my dream line up for future releases.
UI Omen Goku doing that kick to Jiren for the first time.
Beyond Blue Vegeta both shirt on and battle damaged shirtless version. Final Flash pose.
Hakaishin Toppo with a Hakai ball for bonus accessory.
SSJ2 Kefla
Berserk SSJ Kale, controlled SSJ Kale.
SSJ1&2 Caulifla
Hyper detailed Jiren with shredded musculature like in the anime.
Number 18 ToP gi.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:27 pm

Okay, so decided to basically list figures who's market value have gone above ¥2,300. The base value of all these figures started at ¥1,300 so I figured anything above ¥2,300 is worthy of note as increased in MV. Note these include the base value of the figures with no shipping costs, the point of this is basically help people incase they come across what could potentially be a good deal for something.(For now just regular prize figures).

DXF Super Warriors- SS Trunks ¥3,796
DXF Super Warriors- Vegetto Blue ¥4,980
DXF Super Warriors- Goku Black SSR ¥3,980 Both of these were under-printed by Banpresto so it is not surprising at all. (I sold my SSR but fortunately still have my Vegetto Blue).
DXF Super Warriors- SSGSS Goku ¥2,980 (SSGSS Vegeta is currently just under 2,300 but looks to be going up).
Chozousyu- Beerus ¥5,000
Base Goku Genki-dama Special ¥2,980
SCultures 6 SPECIAL "CALL ME SUPER VEGETA" ¥3,000
Goku Black Shinretsuzan ¥2,800 (This just came out in Jan too, could get very high).
Cho Shingi Den SSGSSKK Goku EFFECT (not the actual figure which is like ¥900) ¥3,700
Final Hope Slash again Sword only ¥3,800

All other prize figures are ¥2,300 or below, though not many are actually in the 2000 a lot of them hover near the late 1000's.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:37 am

So Jiren has been irrelevant in the merchandise department recently.
Mostly active on discord.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:09 am

mute_proxy wrote:WCF SAIYAN BRAVERY vol.2 full set

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Gogeta and Caulifla figures looks nice.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:55 am

The gr wrote:So Jiren has been irrelevant in the merchandise department recently.
There's another BWFC SPECIAL announced for June that hasn't been revealed yet, now thinking it maybe shirtless Jiren...
There's also this next month.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:35 pm

Mini review the Goku Black Shinretsuzan:

Sculptor: Unknown
Released: January 2018

Banpresto decided to release a special one off Goku Black prize figure which has since gone up in value pretty rapidly actually. Time to take a look and see if they finally did Rosé Black justice (pun intended!).

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

First thing to note is the rare effect (that actually came with the figure) capitalising on Goku Black's fan favourite move the Shinretsuzan. Black is also in a dynamic charging pose instead of a generic standing on. Already the figure is off to a good start. Now on to the face sculpt and painting and I got to admit it puts previous Black especially the DXF Rosé Black to shame. And completely shits on the awful Soul x Soul release from last spring. The paint job is easily much better while retaining the cocky face sculpt of Black.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Instead of one shade of pink there's a variety used here it really captures the moment of the aura disappearing into the blade.

Size comparison (with the DXF line):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Despite obviously in a slated charging pose it's still not all that smaller height wise, Banpresto usually make their slated charging figures a lot smaller in height too so another pro here.

Cons:
Not a con with the actual figure itself but the base Banpresto used is well unbalanced and feels like it could snap at any moment:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The front leg pegs in fine however the back leg does not thus makes it looks unbalanced and makes Black title slightly.

Final thoughts and would I recommend?

As a regular prize figure it doesn't get anymore solid than this. A good sculpt, a good paint job, an actual attachment! With the price already going up, any fans of Goku Black I'd highly recommend this before it get's too expensive.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:30 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:

I'm enthusiastic that Kale is finally getting a posable figure, but I'm fucking pissed that she's a BAF. I guess I'll be paying scalper prices for her on ebay instead of buying the whole wave.
Feels over Reals.

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:44 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Mini review the Goku Black Shinretsuzan:

Sculptor: Unknown
Released: January 2018

Banpresto decided to release a special one off Goku Black prize figure which has since gone up in value pretty rapidly actually. Time to take a look and see if they finally did Rosé Black justice (pun intended!).
Final thoughts and would I recommend?

As a regular prize figure it doesn't get anymore solid than this. A good sculpt, a good paint job, an actual attachment! With the price already going up, any fans of Goku Black I'd highly recommend this before it get's too expensive.
I picked this up on impulse on Mandarake for $25 ($18+$7) shipping last month. I had seen pictures of it, but not in detail, so I was shocked at how large it was for the price.
I just checked and there is another on there for $18. I always choose SAL shipping since it's the cheapest, but there is no tracking.

I love it. One of my favorite pieces now.