Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:21 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Here’s something about power levels, but not to be taken too seriously, it’s meant to be cute.
Is there a source for these images? Curiously, no mention of Golden Freeza, Evolved SSB Vegeta, Toppo or Kefla.
https://dragonball.news/news/20180228100.html

It’s hard finding an official source for some reason. Tho I have this official one of UI omen goku and jiren with some TOP characters. Golden freeza I have seen, but the image is too blurry to see its power.

And like I said, it’s meant to be cute, and not too consistent. I would probably post more once I find official sources, but most likely not
Thank you! This is interesting stuff. Always remember to cite the source when you find this on the internet. It gives you more credibility and we have more background for discussion. Funny that Ultra Instinct Omen has a power of 9,000, it’s almost like these stickers are parodying the battle power’s meme.
TheMikado wrote:I can't believe this thread is still going on.
I can’t believe that we are in 2018 and I’m still seeing users posting either a ridiculously huge amount of text or one lines, as if they are having some kind of competition on who speaks for last or trivially talking in social medias. Ironically, both happened in the same page. It’s damn time for all of us to get the spirit of this community and reflect if we are acting accordingly.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Since no ranks have been given to GoDs, i dont see why we should assume that there are weak, mid and high tier GoDs. Both the manga and anime support the idea that all GoDs are pretty much in the same league with varying differences in skill.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:58 pm

buutenks wrote:Since no ranks have been given to GoDs, i dont see why we should assume that there are weak, mid and high tier GoDs. Both the manga and anime support the idea that all GoDs are pretty much in the same league with varying differences in skill.
I'm in agreement with this.

The level of Hakaishin has really been used as a single moniker/measuring stick, like how Freeza was a measuring stick long ago.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:13 pm

buutenks wrote:Since no ranks have been given to GoDs, i dont see why we should assume that there are weak, mid and high tier GoDs. Both the manga and anime support the idea that all GoDs are pretty much in the same league with varying differences in skill.
Beerus and Quitela were the last ones standing and KO'ing their god peers. The rest are below these two.
Last edited by Miracles on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:57 pm

Miracles wrote:
Beerus and Quitela were the last ones standing and KO'ing their god peers. The rest seem to be slightly below these two.
U11's gods played dead and didn't even need to heal.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:17 pm

HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Beerus and Quitela were the last ones standing and KO'ing their god peers. The rest seem to be slightly below these two.
Yeah, Velmound is a schemer. Playing dead isn't a show of power but a sign he couldn't compete head up.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:18 pm

Miracles wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote: Beerus and Quitela were the last ones standing and KO'ing their god peers. The rest seem to be slightly below these two.
Yeah, Velmound is a schemer. Playing dead isn't a show of power but a sign he couldn't compete head up.
That is an assumption on your part.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:21 pm

HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote:
HeroR wrote:
It isn't. Especially when Quitela said he knew it would only come down to him and Beerus. Not a weakling like Belmound.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:10 am

I wonder what the level of difference is between the Gods of Destruction and Angels at this point.

It seems safe to say that Jiren and Goku will be a fair bit stronger than any of the Gods by the end if they aren't already but they'd probably still get wrecked by Whis.

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:20 am

So summary of tomorrow episode implies this.
1.jiren and current UI omen goku are close to equals ( jiren probably a little stronger )
2.jirens actually going to be tired for once, but will be able to hit UI omen goku even tho he's supposed to have dodge hax, meaning you can overpower the dodging ability of UI
3.apperently Saiyan have enough stamina to do 30 serious battles in a row but jiren can't handle 30 seconds of real fight so tioe' s writing is weird

Over all nothing to unexpected sounds really hyped tho can't wait.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:46 am

Agreed. Nothing suggest that some are much stronger than others. And a battle royal could have different outcomes everytime, for who ever uses the manga as proof).

Anyway, from spoilers it’s seems that even in UI omen, goku will get hit by jirens punches, as it describes them as “to fast and heave for UI Goku to dodge”. Seems like MUI goku and jiren will be pretty even just like the universe mission trailer in heroes showed

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:48 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
I'm in agreement with this.

The level of Hakaishin has really been used as a single moniker/measuring stick, like how Freeza was a measuring stick long ago.
Thirding this! I fully agree with the two of you. Ofcourse some GoDs may still vary somewhat in strength, like for instance Geene Vs Sidra as an example. The differences between the GoDs aren’t really all that big. So they’re all around the same basic tier/level of strength.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:51 am

Miracles wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote: Yeah, Velmound is a schemer. Playing dead isn't a show of power but a sign he couldn't compete head up.
It isn't. Especially when Quitela said he knew it would only come down to him and Beerus. Not a weakling like Belmound.
That isn't an indication of strength since that is really vague. For example, Quitela could mean that Beerus is too stubborn to stay down. And Quitela's words doesn't even relate to Belmound.
Kanassa wrote:

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:53 am

Question for anyone now that we have some details in spoilers.

Does anyone think jiren is still below beerus? I mean, Gokus omen seems more advance than anything beerus used, and the spoilers say that jirens heavy blows are too fast for UI omen goku to dodge.

Also, is jiren superior to all other gods, since they couldn’t even tag a sloppy UI beerus.

I think the series is ending with goku and jiren being above Hakaishin tier in general. I have no reason to believe that jiren is still below beerus, or any other god in general, or a mastered UI being wouldn’t have been needed to KO jiren.

This is just my stand.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:56 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Agreed. Nothing suggest that some are much stronger than others. And a battle royal could have different outcomes everytime, for who ever uses the manga as proof).

Anyway, from spoilers it’s seems that even in UI omen, goku will get hit by jirens punches, as it describes them as “to fast and heave for UI Goku to dodge”. Seems like MUI goku and jiren will be pretty even just like the universe mission trailer in heroes showed
The spoilers indicate that Jiren is only about even or slightly stronger than UI Omen since the spoilers actually said 'they have an even match'. If that's the case, UI Goku would be more than above Jiren.
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Question for anyone now that we have some details in spoilers.

Does anyone think jiren is still below beerus? I mean, Gokus omen seems more advance than anything beerus used, and the spoilers say that jirens heavy blows are too fast for UI omen goku to dodge.

Also, is jiren superior to all other gods, since they couldn’t even tag a sloppy UI beerus.

I think the series is ending with goku and jiren being above Hakaishin tier in general. I have no reason to believe that jiren is still below beerus, or any other god in general, or a mastered UI being wouldn’t have been needed to KO jiren.

This is just my stand.

This is mixing manga with anime which doesn't really match a lot of the time when it comes to scaling. We never saw any of the gods in the anime deal with UI and we haven't seen how UI Goku performed against Jiren in the manga.
Kanassa wrote:

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:02 am

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

The spoilers indicate that Jiren is only about even or slightly stronger than UI Omen since the spoilers actually said 'they have an even match'. If that's the case, UI Goku would be more than above Jiren.
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Question for anyone now that we have some details in spoilers.

This is just my stand.

This is mixing manga with anime which doesn't really match a lot of the time when it comes to scaling. We never saw any of the gods in the anime deal with UI and we haven't seen how UI Goku performed against Jiren in the manga.
The spoilers say that jiren only goes all out when he tries what is presumably the punch that gets goku to MUI. So jiren is equal or slightly above UI omen goku while still somewhat suppressed.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:57 am

How strong are these characters in relation to one another? Only compring the characters from their own repective shows:

Super: 17, 4th Form Frieza, Gohan, SSJG Goku

GT: Majuub, Goten, Gohan, Trunks, Vageta(Pre SSJ4)

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:27 am

AvatarReiko wrote:How strong are these characters in relation to one another? Only compring the characters from their own repective shows:

I would say that any of the Super characters listed above vastly outclass there GT counter-parts. Hell, most of these characters were weaker base Goku.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:55 am

JazzMazz wrote:
AvatarReiko wrote:How strong are these characters in relation to one another? Only compring the characters from their own repective shows:

I would say that any of the Super characters listed above vastly outclass there GT counter-parts. Hell, most of these characters were weaker base Goku.
I think you misunderstood the question. It seems he wants to compare the characters within their respective series, as in not comparing against characters from the other series, so just GT charactes vs GT characters and Super characters vs Super characters, not GT vs Super.

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:40 am

Let's say that after the TOP ends, Goku also achieves SSB Evolution (the sparkly blue form that Vegeta has) and stacks Kaioken X20 on top of that. Would he be strong enough to beat Jiren?