Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by brett wheeler » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:36 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:- Ultra Instinct Goku fights Jiren... a lot... and it seems pretty even
- Jiren continue to withstand everything that Ultra Instinct Goku throws at him with ease
- Goku then masters Ultra Instinct and kicks Jirens ass.

THE END
yea about sums it up, also next preview suggest goku MUI >> jiren as in jirens trying so hard and sweating, while goku seems to be relaxed and not drained at all so yea goku MUI is op af.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:37 pm

Also. Lmao at jiren being shirtless too

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:38 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:- Ultra Instinct Goku fights Jiren... a lot... and it seems pretty even
- Jiren continue to withstand everything that Ultra Instinct Goku throws at him with ease

THE END
Jiren only got hit once by MUI, and it seems like he is very close if he is able to fight competitive. It’s an entire episode between them.

So what I got from this episode and what we now considered a preview, jiren is easily above UI omen goku, and he seems to only be slightly inferior to MUI goku, or possibly even depending on how it goes.
[spoiler]Also Jiren's aura also changes next epiosde, becoming like Ultra Instincts only red. What that means we wont know for a while.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:38 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:

THE END
Jiren only got hit once by MUI, and it seems like he is very close if he is able to fight competitive. It’s an entire episode between them.

So what I got from this episode and what we now considered a preview, jiren is easily above UI omen goku, and he seems to only be slightly inferior to MUI goku, or possibly even depending on how it goes.
Jiren got hit by Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku several times. But it happened so fast that it was a literal blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:40 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

THE END

Jiren got hit by Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku several times. But it happened so fast that it was a literal blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment.
Talking about full power jiren in te next episode preview. It’s logic that when you are shirtless, you are stronger, so next episode jiren is stronger than this episodes jiren.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:50 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

Talking about full power jiren in te next episode preview. It’s logic that when you are shirtless, you are stronger, so next episode jiren is stronger than this episodes jiren.
Good fucking God, he's STILL not at full power?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Jiren got hit by Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku several times. But it happened so fast that it was a literal blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment.
Goku slapped his ass right out of frame!

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:52 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

true, but even if this is true goku still has pretty clear great advantage in the nep, in the preview jiren can hardly fight back agianst goku, ans he is out of breath while goku ( keeping in mind MUI makes more calm in general ) seems overly clm and isnt even tired, at least as far as he appears any way, the end of this episode and the preview for the next pretty much says it all, MUI goku >> jiren.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:55 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Jiren got hit by Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku several times. But it happened so fast that it was a literal blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment.
Good fucking God, he's STILL not at full power?
Really drives home how much Jiren was sandbagging everyone. The gap between Jiren and every other fighter in the TOP is fucking HUGE.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:56 pm

brett wheeler wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Jiren got hit by Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku several times. But it happened so fast that it was a literal blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment.
true, but even if this is true goku still has pretty clear great advantage in the nep, in the preview jiren can hardly fight back agianst goku, ans he is out of breath while goku ( keeping in mind MUI makes more calm in general ) seems overly clm and isnt even tired, at least as far as he appears any way, the end of this episode and the preview for the next pretty much says it all, MUI goku >> jiren.
I mean, it’s only a 10 second preview. The battle is the entire episode, so I’m sure it won’t be one side to goku all the way. But I’m not denying that goku at the end will turn out the superior one, unless toei decides to go towards the route of them KO each other out. But I doubt that

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:58 pm

brett wheeler wrote:

THE END
yea about sums it up, also next preview suggest goku MUI >> jiren as in jirens trying so hard and sweating, while goku seems to be relaxed and not drained at all so yea goku MUI is op af.
Was it ever a question? Lmfao.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:59 pm

Says a lot of jiren fights somewhat competitive against MUI goku. The fact that he didn’t go full power against UI omen goku (despite spoilers suggesting it) mean he could have fucked UI omen goku from 110 instantly if he ever tried.

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:06 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
brett wheeler wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
I mean, it’s only a 10 second preview. The battle is the entire episode, so I’m sure it won’t be one side to goku all the way. But I’m not denying that goku at the end will turn out the superior one, unless toei decides to go towards the route of them KO each other out. But I doubt that
yea we do need the full episode to know for certain, but from what we have seen so far goku is ungodly strong, and other than the angels ( excluding zeno of course ) I dont think any body else is on this lvl at all, jiren is the only one close to this lvl but it appears he even falls flat against this power ( barring tioe doing something weird witch is a possibility).

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:09 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 3003279362

Like I said, we need the full episode preview. According to this for the next episode, goku will overwhelm jiren first, but then jiren will unleashe his dormant power... AGAIN.

How many gates of dormant power for shirt. Have.

Seems like the fight won’t be so one sided at all.

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:10 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
brett wheeler wrote:

THE END
Was it ever a question? Lmfao.
not really but I didnt expect this lvl of op.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 3003279362

Like I said, we need the full episode preview. According to this for the next episode, goku will overwhelm jiren first, but then jiren will unleashe his dormant power... AGAIN.

How many gates of dormant power does jiren Have.

Seems like the fight won’t be so one sided at all.
Corrected my spelling

Triggered Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by Triggered Vegeta » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:16 pm

I think Jiren has some form of U.I
Take a close look at the Nep.
It's not Jiren's usual red aura... looks similar to Goku's U.I aura except for the color.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:18 pm

Triggered Vegeta wrote:I think Jiren has some form of U.I
Take a close look at the Nep.
It's not Jiren's usual red aura... looks similar to Goku's U.I aura except for the color.
Or probably he is just at that realm of power.

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:22 pm

I will say one thing, from what I've seen of the translations by herms, MUI is supposed to transform you as beerus even says that MUI has this glow, and that he knows from this that he has perfected Ultra instinct just by the appearance.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:27 pm

Just saw the 30 second preview and like I said, it’s quite even, with gokus UI giving him the slight advantage