Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:28 pm

And MUI goku has a shocked expression on one point.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:46 pm

So...even though I’m not big on strength debates anymore, is it safe to say that Goku by this point has unquestionably surpassed Beerus given that he’s master UI, while Beerus hasn’t?

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:49 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:And MUI goku has a shocked expression on one point.
just saw it as well, and yea they seem pretty even with goku having the edge, but that raises the question, how much power did jiren keep held back, I mean seriously if he wanted to he could have avoided all this by throwing every one off at once without much stamina used, but no jiren decides to sit on his ass for most of the tournament untill goku figures out how to master a state that can beat him, really smart move on his part ( not really ), but thats dragon ball I guess.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:49 pm

WittyUsername wrote:So...even though I’m not big on strength debates anymore, is it safe to say that Goku by this point has unquestionably surpassed Beerus given that he’s master UI, while Beerus hasn’t?
That’s been known since the promo of 139 that’s came out saying that goku has “power that surpasses a god of destruction”. Same goes to jiren since it’s been stated since forever now

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:08 pm

HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote:
HeroR wrote:
That is an assumption on your part.
It isn't. Especially when Quitela said he knew it would only come down to him and Beerus. Not a weakling like Belmound.
That isn't an indication of strength since that is really vague. For example, Quitela could mean that Beerus is too stubborn to stay down. And Quitela's words doesn't even relate to Belmound.
You're missing the context. Quitela stated before that it's time to settle just who the strongest god is to Beerus. And at the end of the exhibition match Quitela states he knew it would come down to Beerus and him to "finally settle this." No way is Quitela talking about Beerus's personality. :lol:

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:11 pm

brett wheeler wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:And MUI goku has a shocked expression on one point.
just saw it as well, and yea they seem pretty even with goku having the edge, but that raises the question, how much power did jiren keep held back, I mean seriously if he wanted to he could have avoided all this by throwing every one off at once without much stamina used, but no jiren decides to sit on his ass for most of the tournament untill goku figures out how to master a state that can beat him, really smart move on his part ( not really ), but thats dragon ball I guess.
That’s called bad writing. Jiren could have thrown everyone out instantly if he wanted too, but he needs to be saved for goku. His show is about him, not jiren. So I don’t even know if I can call it bad writing. Maybe is that it was too soon to be bring an opponent above hakaishin into dragon ball. Jiren should have been saved for another arc.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:20 pm

Welp going by the preview MUI n FP Jiren are very close in power.

I am more surprised with Jiren, what kind of freaking training did he do lol.

Oh and 2 buff dudes duking it out, we havent had this since the namek saga, this will be a nice finale to DBS.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:38 pm

buutenks wrote:Welp going by the preview MUI n FP Jiren are very close in power.

I am more surprised with Jiren, what kind of freaking training did he do lol.

Oh and 2 buff dudes duking it out, we havent had this since the namek saga, this will be a nice finale to DBS.
Which it wouldn’t have been if they saved jiren and UI for the next arc. I actually think it was too soon to introduce jiren. But yes, it will mostlikely be an epic ending to dbs

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:57 pm

So ideally it should go like this right

Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku > Jiren (up till now) > Ultra Instinct Goku > Super Saiyan Blue Evolution Vegeta > Any God of Destruction

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:08 pm

Bullza wrote:So ideally it should go like this right

Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku > Jiren (up till now) > Ultra Instinct Goku > Super Saiyan Blue Evolution Vegeta > Any God of Destruction
Everything is fine until you reach super Saiyan Blue evolution vegeta. It should be

Super Saiyan Blue vegeta <=> hakaishins.

Since we are not sure if that vegeta can actually beat a hakaishin, best bet is to say he fights competitive with them.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:14 pm

We saw Vegeta thrash a God of Destruction then blow him out the ring with Final Explosion so I don't know how anyone can be "unsure" if Vegeta can beat a God of Destruction.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:31 pm

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:We saw Vegeta thrash a God of Destruction then blow him out the ring with Final Explosion so I don't know how anyone can be "unsure" if Vegeta can beat a God of Destruction.
Well, I won’t argue that in terms of pure power, that toppo is equal to gods of destruction, just that these gods have hundreds of thousands of years of experience with hakai energy, and that they might even put up a much better fight than toppo. So that’s why I say we can’t say for sure

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:35 pm

Bullza wrote:So ideally it should go like this right

Only MUI Goku and Jiren are stronger than the Gods.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:42 pm

So, to anyone here, do y’all see SSB Vegito anywhere near MUI goku and FP jiren? Cause it seems like they can shred anyone from the future trunks arc with just their sheer energy alone.

Also, notice how jirens aura is exactly like MUI gokus as well, does that mean anything at all? Or is it just for effects, because I don’t think they would make it identical for just effects. And I also believe that do to that aura, it’s the reason that jiren is able to go toe to toe with MUI goku. Hence I believe it’s going to be a big revelation in 130 that jiren possesses UI as well.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:48 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:So, to anyone here, do y’all see SSB Vegito anywhere near MUI goku and FP jiren? Cause it seems like they can shred anyone from the future trunks arc with just their sheer energy alone.
People can argue that they are definitely stronger than FT SSJB Vegetto, but a current Vegetto would be stronger.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:52 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:So, to anyone here, do y’all see SSB Vegito anywhere near MUI goku and FP jiren? Cause it seems like they can shred anyone from the future trunks arc with just their sheer energy alone.
People can argue that they are definitely stronger than FT SSJB Vegetto, but a current Vegetto would be stronger.
I actually see a current vegito just at their level. I don’t see it being any higher. Jiren and goku with MUI are just very special cases. The boost from ssb to UI alone is very massive, then MUI goku is shown far superior to his UI omen form, it’s just too much.

MUI vegeto would probably be on grand priest level if I’m being honest.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:02 am

Miracles wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote: It isn't. Especially when Quitela said he knew it would only come down to him and Beerus. Not a weakling like Belmound.
That isn't an indication of strength since that is really vague. For example, Quitela could mean that Beerus is too stubborn to stay down. And Quitela's words doesn't even relate to Belmound.
You're missing the context. Quitela stated before that it's time to settle just who the strongest god is to Beerus. And at the end of the exhibition match Quitela states he knew it would come down to Beerus and him to "finally settle this." No way is Quitela talking about Beerus's personality. :lol:
But is literally your assumption of the scene in play here since nothing suggested that Belmound played dead because he couldn't hang wth Quitela and Beerus.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:13 am

HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote:
HeroR wrote:
But is literally your assumption of the scene in play here since nothing suggested that Belmound played dead because he couldn't hang wth Quitela and Beerus.
Not to mention belmod himself could trap all hakaishins in spheres and injure them all with his tenchnique. Not only tha, but he completely tanked liquiirs beast balls without taking any damage. Can we all just agree that all gods are just relative in power to each other? If there is a difference, it’s pretty small.

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:36 am

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:We saw Vegeta thrash a God of Destruction then blow him out the ring with Final Explosion so I don't know how anyone can be "unsure" if Vegeta can beat a God of Destruction.
God of Destruction is probably a broad tier. For example, Zamasu is technically a Kaoshin's apprentice and there is 0 doubt that he could wipe U7's Kaioshins with extreme easy even before becoming immortal.

Vegeta can definitely defeat Toppo and probably a few low-tier Gods of Destruction but there is no way that he sits above ALL Gods of Destruction. Beerus would probably still defeat him. Maybe.

It seems the only qualification to be a GoD is to be able to use Hakai and to be able to destroy planets (which is EXTREMELY easy. I mean, Namek Saga Frieza was destroying entire planets without breaking a sweat). Also, it seems that using Hakai is not related to power-levels but to some specific technique training (for example, Jiren, Vegeta and Goku are above Toppo yet they don't know how to use Hakai).

It's not hard to believe that there are some high tier G.o.D. that are above Jiren, Vegeta and Goku and some low tier ones that are underneath them.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:09 am

Raphael_Z wrote:
God of Destruction is probably a broad tier. For example, Zamasu is technically a Kaoshin's apprentice and there is 0 doubt that he could wipe U7's Kaioshins with extreme easy even before becoming immortal.

Vegeta can definitely defeat Toppo and probably a few low-tier Gods of Destruction but there is no way that he sits above ALL Gods of Destruction. Beerus would probably still defeat him. Maybe.

It seems the only qualification to be a GoD is to be able to use Hakai and to be able to destroy planets (which is EXTREMELY easy. I mean, Namek Saga Frieza was destroying entire planets without breaking a sweat). Also, it seems that using Hakai is not related to power-levels but to some specific technique training (for example, Jiren, Vegeta and Goku are above Toppo yet they don't know how to use Hakai).

It's not hard to believe that there are some high tier G.o.D. that are above Jiren, Vegeta and Goku and some low tier ones that are underneath them.
Well, no god is above MUI goku, it was already stated in a promo for 129 that gokus MUI is a “power above god of destruction” and that “it is a realm no god of destruction can achieve”. So yes, goku is ending Super with him being above the hakaishins, and jiren likewise if he competes with MUI goku