"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by OverHeaven » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:38 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
amuroray wrote:So jiren has unleashed his hidden power how many times now?

And hes doing it again in the next episode.
Smh fucking awful writing.
The problem with Jiren is that it's impossible to tell how much of his power he's using to begin with throughout most of the arc. Characters have said he's raised his power, they've even said he's decreased his power, not even a vague resemblance of a percentage is provided, and he seems to do all of this on nothing more than a whim.

He seems to be so bored with fighting that he's effectively a boring fighter himself. I suppose we'll see his true true true TRUE power in the next episode.
If he survives 130 then next episode is probably only his true true true power. They need to save his true true true TRUE power for the finale

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:42 pm

amuroray wrote:Its was shit then and its shit now.

Surely you're telling me that they cant write a better solution then that? Its awful
What better solution? Either Jiren would use his full power from the beginning and then just end everyone in seconds making the Tournament a waste of time or Jiren wouldn't do anything at all until the very end of the Tournament and then use his full power.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:45 pm

Bullza wrote:What better solution?
Not making everyone to be worms compared to Jiren from the start and having him release his full power only once when Goku shows the mastered UI.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:47 pm

Bullza wrote:
amuroray wrote:Its was shit then and its shit now.

Surely you're telling me that they cant write a better solution then that? Its awful
What better solution? Either Jiren would use his full power from the beginning and then just end everyone in seconds making the Tournament a waste of time or Jiren wouldn't do anything at all until the very end of the Tournament and then use his full power.
That’s the problem, they decided to introduce jiren in a setting which makes his power boring.

Lets say jiren wasn’t introduced after the ToP. Goku asks whis to let him visit the hakaishin that houses the strongest mortal ever. Then that would have been a perfect setting. Theres no restriction here. Jiren can just whoop his ass instantly and goku would then have needed to work his ass up to UI the hard way (training with whis for a much loner period)

The tournament restricts jiren too much. No killing, no flying, universes get erased so jiren won’t do anything till nessesary, it’s a very very bad setting.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:51 pm

amuroray wrote:So jiren has unleashed his hidden power how many times now?
And hes doing it again in the next episode.
Smh fucking awful writing.
Yeah it feels like DBZ. We think the villain/antagonist will finally get beaten but he powers up again.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:09 am

ToshioWrites wrote:Off Topic but whatever: Pick one character NOT from u6 or u7 from this arc that you would want to see more of in the next series or in a movie

For me Toppo
Ribrianne because I want to see how is her daily life.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:42 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Not making everyone to be worms compared to Jiren from the start and having him release his full power only once when Goku shows the mastered UI.
He has only released his full power once after Goku showed his Mastered Ultra Instinct though.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:52 am

Here's an opinion but I enjoyed the Goku vs Kefla fight far more than I have the Jiren one. Also have a hot take but I think Goku being able to tap into UI multiple times and than master the form in the span of twentyish minutes is far worse than Caulifla and Kales power ups. Anywho here's hoping that 130 deliveries and doesn't fall flat on its face.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:45 am

Lionel wrote:And Vegeta once again reaffirms what I've come to vehemently dislike about Dragon Ball in the modern age -- speciesist primacy with what seems to be an unending stranglehold on the content of the show. It's all so convenient for his myopic narrative when everyone else except him and Goku is shut out from partaking in the same training opportunities and learning the same abilities. Plus, Toei has gone to great lengths to embellish their power with what looks like an unending zenkai type state where their power seems to continually grow for no reason except that they happen to be fighting. It doesn't even require them being pushed to the brink of death anymore.
Take solace that the Zenkai thing is anime only, as Toyotaro's manga doesn't have that, he adheres to Toriyama's original rules on how Zenkais work.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:56 am

Is the next episode in 2 weeks then 1 week after or is it next week and then two weeks after?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:57 am

Bullza wrote:Is the next episode in 2 weeks then 1 week after or is it next week and then two weeks after?
The former.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:23 am

There are only 2 episodes left and the "real" fight just now begins.
Rushed finale or cliffhanger?

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:24 am

CriticalThinker wrote:Here's an opinion but I enjoyed the Goku vs Kefla fight far more than I have the Jiren one. Also have a hot take but I think Goku being able to tap into UI multiple times and than master the form in the span of twentyish minutes is far worse than Caulifla and Kales power ups. Anywho here's hoping that 130 deliveries and doesn't fall flat on its face.
Actually, many said they liked goku vs Kefla better than the special and many were also ok with the female saiyan power ups, i included.

Those aren't unpopular opinions, super doesnt really have any of those. Its that polarizing.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:25 am

Sani007 wrote:There are only 2 episodes left and the "real" fight just now begins.
Rushed? This was dragged.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:28 am

There was a lot of reused animation.Still,I kinda liked how they showed the destruction,but then people like roshi have broken the stage.The writing for characters was good outside U11.
So,jiren still has not released his full power,grand priest says that we have reached the climax and jiren can observe and counter UI goku but he still gets blasted by 17? May be I am just Nitpicking,but I find this quite ridicolous.
However considering the current fight I think the chances of show ending on a clifhanger are increased.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:34 am

Totamo wrote:
Sani007 wrote:There are only 2 episodes left and the "real" fight just now begins.
There are still many things missing. Who will win the tournament, where is Freeza, Jiren's wish, Super Shenlong, the desctructed universe, party after the tournament on Earth.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:38 am

Sani007 wrote:
Totamo wrote:
There are still many things missing. Who will win the tournament, where is Freeza, Jiren's wish, Super Shenlong, the desctructed universe, party after the tournament on Earth.
Yes and all of that could have been done had they not dragged so many so many things out.

Starting from the recruitment arc.

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:43 am

Hawk9211 wrote:There was a lot of reused animation.Still,I kinda liked how they showed the destruction,but then people like roshi have broken the stage.The writing for characters was good outside U11.
So,jiren still has not released his full power,grand priest says that we have reached the climax and jiren can observe and counter UI goku but he still gets blasted by 17? May be I am just Nitpicking,but I find this quite ridicolous.
However considering the current fight I think the chances of show ending on a clifhanger are increased.
Off guard attacks seemed to be very effected in this show.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:18 am

Doesn't really need to be rushed or a cliffhanger. 1 episode should be enough to wrap up the fight and end the tournament (either by time or ring out), then one episode to conclude things. As long as they don't waste too much time in the next two episodes and can be concise, it should be enough.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:52 am

It doesn't seem that the battle is over in the next episode .
Furthermore, it's strange that Bulma won't even speak in the series already.