The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:41 pm

I agree about 17 being weaker than Base Toppo, and certainly NOT stronger than Golden Frieza. We can just blame the different writers of the episodes for changing things and all that (apart from the fact that I hate 17's power up, but that's another story I already told).

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:06 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:I agree about 17 being weaker than Base Toppo, and certainly NOT stronger than Golden Frieza. We can just blame the different writers of the episodes for changing things and all that (apart from the fact that I hate 17's power up, but that's another story I already told).
Point is, 17 did much better than Golden Freeza against Jiren. And that's a FACT.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:41 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Point is, 17 did much better than Golden Freeza against Jiren. And that's a FACT.
I'm pretty sure 17 just used special techniques or his intelligence for that. As I said, there's just no consistency with the strength of the characters since writers vary all the time.

Here's an interesting match:

Chiaotzu (23rd Budokai) vs Mr. Lao

If you don't know who Mr. Lao is, he's a character from filler in DBZ that appeared some time before the Cell Games. He fought Cyborg Tao Pai Pai, but was outclassed, with Tao not fighting seriously. Who do you think should in here since they both fought Tao and lost?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:51 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: Point is, 17 did much better than Golden Freeza against Jiren. And that's a FACT.
I'm pretty sure 17 just used special techniques or his intelligence for that. As I said, there's just no consistency with the strength of the characters since writers vary all the time.

Here's an interesting match:

If you don't know who Mr. Lao is, he's a character from filler in DBZ that appeared some time before the Cell Games. He fought Cyborg Tao Pai Pai, but was outclassed, with Tao not fighting seriously. Who do you think should in here since they both fought Tao and lost?
Mr. Lao still crushes Chiaotzu. Tao nearly put mime-boy to sleep forever with next to no effort.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:53 am

dragonball0900 wrote: Here's an interesting match:

Mr Lao stomps. At least he wasn't instantly fodderized by Tao like Chaozu was.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:54 am

kn83 wrote:17(ToP) vs Hit(ToP), both have prep time
18(ToP) vs Piccolo(ToP)
SSR Trunks vs Aniraza
-Hit
    -Piccolo
      -Aniraza.
        New battles:
          God Toppo vs Fused Zamasu
            Kefla SS2 vs Royal Blue Vegeta
              Basil vs Majora.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Spider-Man wrote:
              18(ToP) vs Piccolo(ToP)
              SSR Trunks vs Aniraza
              -Hit
                -Piccolo
                  -Aniraza.
                    New battles:
                          Basil vs Majora.
                          - Hakaishin Toppo is on a whole different level. Plus, Zamasu is not even immortal anymore.
                          - Vegeta wins as I have Toppo above Kefla, and the prince beat him.
                          - Majora was Krillin tier, Basil is at least Super Perfect Cell tier. Not much to say, really.

kn83
                          Banned

Post by kn83 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:30 pm

Spider-Man wrote:
                          18(ToP) vs Piccolo(ToP)
                          SSR Trunks vs Aniraza
                          -Hit
                            -Piccolo
                              -Aniraza.
                                New battles:
                                      Basil vs Majora.
                                      - Fused Zamasu easily, as he was trading punches with Vegito Blue while God Toppo is only SSB KKx20 level.

- Kefla easily. Royal Blue Vegeta is only SSB KKx20 level while Kefla should at least twice that base on Whis's comments about her and the super spirit bomb.

- Basil should win easily, as he was relative to current Fat Buu while Majoria is relative to current 18 and Krillin (who are still weaker than Buu saga Fat Buu)

kn83
                                      Banned

Post by kn83 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:38 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:
                                      As I said, there's just no consistency with the strength of the characters since writers vary all the time.
                                      No they don't, that assumption is just an excuse to downplay certain characters.

17 is clearly SSB level whether you like it or not, easily stronger than Golden Frieza and current Gohan. He was way too many feats for him not to be, like forcing Goku to use SSB, putting up a better fight against Toppo than Frieza did, fighting on par with SSB Goku and Vegeta against Jiren, being the main reason why Anizara was eliminated, etc.

TheDipDap1234
                                      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Spider-Man wrote:#18(ToP) vs Pan(GT)
                                      18 stomps with very low difficulty.
                                      18(ToP) vs Piccolo(ToP)
                                      SSR Trunks vs Aniraza
                                      Hit

18. Piccolo wasn't very impressive in the ToP. The only way I can see him win is if he uses the SBC, but I don't think 18 would give him time to do that.

Aniraza
                                      kn83 wrote:
                                      - Basil should win easily, as he was relative to current Fat Buu while Majoria is relative to current 18 and Krillin (who are still weaker than Buu saga Fat Buu)
                                      Krillin maybe. I highly doubt 18 is still weaker than Buu saga Fat Buu.
                                      Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:51 pm

kn83 wrote:
                                      Spider-Man wrote:
                                      18(ToP) vs Piccolo(ToP)
                                      SSR Trunks vs Aniraza
                                      -Hit
                                        -Piccolo
                                          -Aniraza.
                                            New battles:
                                                  Basil vs Majora.
                                                  - Fused Zamasu easily, as he was trading punches with Vegito Blue while God Toppo is only SSB KKx20 level.
                                                  Can't believe some of you guys think SsjB Vegito's power is still somewhat relevant. He was surpassed by a heavily suppressed in episode 110, and Toppo is miles above that power.

Watch the show.

Dragon Ball Gus
                                                  Advanced Regular
                                                  Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:43 pm

All right, time for another hypothetical question. Like I teased last week, this will be a non Saiyan related question, and it is, How strong would Piccolo be if he trained with Whis, and who would be the strongest person he would defeat?
                                                  Caulifla best girl! :)

kn83
                                                  Banned
                                                  Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Post by kn83 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:57 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:All right, time for another hypothetical question. Like I teased last week, this will be a non Saiyan related question, and it is, How strong would Piccolo be if he trained with Whis, and who would be the strongest person he would defeat?
                                                  Considering that its Piccolo and knowing the gains he got training in the ROSAT, I would say he would at least current SSB level.

dragon boss z
                                                  Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:19 am

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:55 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:All right, time for another hypothetical question. Like I teased last week, this will be a non Saiyan related question, and it is, How strong would Piccolo be if he trained with Whis, and who would be the strongest person he would defeat?
                                                  Before BoG Piccolo was between base tier and ssj teir so he would probably be between current base and ssj Vegeta. He would probably be able to beat everyone from Z besides Vegito, so I would say Buuhan is the strongest he could beat.

jeffbr92
                                                  Advanced Regular
                                                  Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:49 pm

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:40 pm

- Beerus (serious) vs. SSJB Vegetto (FT arc) & SSJ2 Kefla
                                                  Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Helios518
                                                  OMG CRAZY REGEN
                                                  Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:42 pm

Post by Helios518 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:22 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:- Beerus (serious) vs. SSJB Vegetto (FT arc) & SSJ2 Kefla
                                                  Seeing as how Geran didn't even use a hint of his power against 110 UI"O" and the fusions seem to be below that. If Beerus is even remotely close to Geran's power than Beerus wins with extreme ease.
                                                  Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

supersaiyangodgogeta
                                                  Regular
                                                  Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:56 pm

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:32 pm

Either Kefla or Vegito kill him effortlessly. A God of Destruction level foe was already thrashed by Vegeta let alone these 2.

Helios518
                                                  OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:41 am

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:Either Kefla or Vegito kill him effortlessly. A God of Destruction level foe was already thrashed by Vegeta let alone these 2.
                                                  Considering it was said that UI Goku only might be stronger than Beerus, I beg to differ.

https://twitter.com/herms98/status/9716 ... 54560?s=21

supersaiyangodgogeta
                                                  Regular
                                                  Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:56 pm

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:20 am

And? It doesn't say that only UI Goku is stronger or that he's only slightly stronger. A foe on the same level as Beerus was beaten by Vegeta.

Only reason why UI Omen Goku wouldn't be capable of attacking at a greater level than what Beerus can output is because his attacks were being dulled by his thoughts.

Helios518
                                                  OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:49 am

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:And? It doesn't say that only UI Goku is stronger or that he's only slightly stronger. A foe on the same level as Beerus was beaten by Vegeta.

Only reason why UI Omen Goku wouldn't be capable of attacking at a greater level than what Beerus can output is because his attacks were being dulled by his thoughts.
                                                  You’re making it seem like all GoDs are the same level (they’re likely not). In fact, GoD Toppo was never compared to have the power level of one and I doubt he’s even close to a professional GoD. On top of that, Vegeta was clearly amped when he defeated Toppo.