Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 01/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:54 am

DasMuse wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Mini review the Goku Black Shinretsuzan:

Sculptor: Unknown
Released: January 2018

Banpresto decided to release a special one off Goku Black prize figure which has since gone up in value pretty rapidly actually. Time to take a look and see if they finally did Rosé Black justice (pun intended!).
Final thoughts and would I recommend?

As a regular prize figure it doesn't get anymore solid than this. A good sculpt, a good paint job, an actual attachment! With the price already going up, any fans of Goku Black I'd highly recommend this before it get's too expensive.
I picked this up on impulse on Mandarake for $25 ($18+$7) shipping last month. I had seen pictures of it, but not in detail, so I was shocked at how large it was for the price.
I just checked and there is another on there for $18. I always choose SAL shipping since it's the cheapest, but there is no tracking.

I love it. One of my favorite pieces now.
I was shocked myself. None of the images before release did it justice wasn't that excited for it tbh only picked up because it was cheap on release and figured eh what the heck and was definitely surprised! Just showed me how bad the DXF releases were.

I have the Grandista SSR Black on the way very excited for that! Likewise that is SAL and no tracking, though my proxy as an even cheaper "surface" option but takes 1-3 months and no tracking not even an option for additional tracking (I send a cheap SS3 figure that way just to see how long it takes).

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 pm

So this "EoZ" Goku:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

It's being listed as "Ultra Instinct" which goes with what Herms said about teasing Goku's "new form" however, it is also apparently a two part set. Will have a "normal colour(通常カラー)" and "Alternative colour(アナザーカラー)" variant... Hmm. So that means it'll probably be UI and Omen.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:25 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So this "EoZ" Goku:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

It's being listed as "Ultra Instinct" which goes with what Herms said about teasing Goku's "new form" however, it is also apparently a two part set. Will have a "normal colour(通常カラー)" and "Alternative colour(アナザーカラー)" variant... Hmm. So that means it'll probably be UI and Omen.
https://twitter.com/noctis_0319/status/ ... 5756345344 Would the alternative color be the black one?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:42 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

https://twitter.com/noctis_0319/status/ ... 5756345344 Would the alternative color be the black one?
Unfortunately so. Japan love their BW versions...(They know fans like to repaint plus it helps them be lazy and fill their quota).

Was thinking of taking the risk yesterday and peordering the 2 part set. Glad now I didn't lol.

But where's Nakazawa's UI Goku?? So anticipating it, should be revealed any day now I guess!

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:09 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Unfortunately so. Japan love their BW versions...(They know fans like to repaint plus it helps them be lazy and fill their quota).

Was thinking of taking the risk yesterday and peordering the 2 part set. Glad now I didn't lol.

But where's Nakazawa's UI Goku?? So anticipating it, should be revealed any day now I guess!
Wait is there a link to preorder the Grandista UI Goku?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:06 am

Stock/prototype images: July.

Grandista:

FES Stage 7:

WCD Vol 1:

Waiting for FES SPECIAL and the other Tenkaichi Modeling SPECIAL.

---------------------
SSGSS Goku wrote: Wait is there a link to preorder the Grandista UI Goku?
I usually use Japanese sellers from Rakuten via proxy but you can try this:
https://otakumode.com/shop/5a9ca105d008 ... Son-Goku-3

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:33 am

Mini review Ichiban Kuji "Dragon Ball Memories" SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:

Sculptor: Unknown
Released: December 2018

Size: Goku 25cm, Vegeta 25cm.

Packaging:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Despite only being 25cm the boxes are an extra 10cm taller! Reason for this is the fact that the figures are all one piece!

Where to begin? Well firstly seems with UI Goku they wanted to leave SSGSS off with a bang.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

One of the first impressions out the box was how different the felt to other banpresto figures, and then the hair oh my god the hair, none of this crap plastic moulding that banpresto use for their regular prize figures here they used actual clay mould for once and it looks and feels great, I kid you not I touch Goku's bang pretty frequently :lol: But I really wasn't expecting these to be as detailed as they were, examples with Vegeta:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Just look at the details on his lower half!

Comparison with the MSP Vegeta and DXF Vegeta:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

The MSP is just slightly shorter but overall does lack the detail and the blue tint of the white is done so much better on the IBK, the hair is moulded better and used a better shading of blue, pre 2017 banpresto for some reason used a darker shader blue for their SSGSS figs, I am so glad they decided to change it up in 2017 and give us the light shade!

With the DXF Vegeta you can see the plastic-ness of his hair come out straight away, overall the IBK Vegeta is just so much more detailed and overall again the panitjob just seems it is so much better.

On to Goku, comparison with, TFC, DXF and FES:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

The TFC is obviously well smaller in comparison, the DXF just looks mediocre in every way compared, the paint on it is exceptionally awful and lacks total detail even the DXF Vegeta is slightly better in the paint and detail department! FES perhaps the best regular prize figure SSGSS Goku that is available, unlike the others when compared it doesn't seem that bad.

Comparison with Grandista:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
At 28cm the Grandista Goku is slightly taller but a lot chunkier as seen and also see a better idea about the hair mould I am talking about, the plastic-ness in my opinion slightly ruins the Grandista Goku.

Overall thoughts and recommendation?

I love, love, love, love these two! They are favourite SSGSS figures, my only complaint is I would love them even more if they had their RF gi.. :( Now when it comes to recommendation, since it is an Ichiban Kuji the prices fluctuate* and with people presumable wrapped up with saving up for UI Goku, I will say if you love SSGSS and find these for a good enough deal I recommend them definitely.

*Current market value:
SSGSS Goku: ¥12,000
SSGSS Vegeta: ¥7,000

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:54 am

March Ichiban Kuji begins on Saturday and stores getting ready for the war! Some packaging leaks:

Boxes for the figures will look like:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Again they're HUGE!

What the tickets looks like:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prize F (art cards), G (glasses) and H (clear files) sizes:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

UI Goku is pre-saleing at 12,000 yen, the SS, SSGSS, base Goku all around 3,500 yen and Goku Black at 9,000 yen.

Be interesting to see if they write "Ultra Instinct" in English on the box...

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Mini review
Have you ever thought about doing review/unboxing/merc schedule videos for Youtube?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:06 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Mini review
Have you ever thought about doing review/unboxing/merc schedule videos for Youtube?
A couple of other people have also asked, I've dabbed in the idea but ultimately I don't know how to go about it plus the only camera I have is my phone lol.

I do find there are a lack of good merch reviewers that are English, most actually all the one's I watch/follow blogs on are all foreign (mostly Japanese) but I've been bothered to do anything about it other than maintain this thread.

BlueBasilisk did say if I were a YTuber I could have spread and capitalized on the info of silver UI months ago! Maybe I should have capitalized on it as with DBS ending now, interest in DB is gonna presumably dwindle.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:58 pm

Sorry for asking so many questions but which would you guys say is a better Goku Black Rose statue? The Shinretsuzan or Resolution of Soldiers? Reason I’m asking is cuz AmiAmi just restocked on their Rose RoS and was wondering if I should buy that or if I should pay a little more and get the Shinretsuzan. Also, what would you guys say is the best Golden Freeza statue?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:13 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:Sorry for asking so many questions but which would you guys say is a better Goku Black Rose statue? The Shinretsuzan or Resolution of Soldiers? Reason I’m asking is cuz AmiAmi just restocked on their Rose RoS and was wondering if I should buy that or if I should pay a little more and get the Shinretsuzan. Also, what would you guys say is the best Golden Freeza statue?
If it's a choice between the two than the RoS definitely it's tall at 28cm tall but unlike the previous Grandista (Z Buu SS Goku and Majin Vegeta) from what I can tell banpresto didn't f**k with the prototype this time! As well as giving it a non generic pose. Also it's slowly creeping up in market value too. I would have had mine this week but UK had snow so post has been delayed otherwise I would've had a mini review up. But from what I've seen from unboxings it seems a very good piece!

As for Golden Freeza, the D.O.D Freeza looks the best 19cm too I think:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
But unfortunately is rather expensive so I'd recommend the SCultures 5 SPECIAL Golden Freeza, it's on the small side at 8cm but it's rather inexpensive and seems best option not counting the D. O. D:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:08 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote:Sorry for asking so many questions but which would you guys say is a better Goku Black Rose statue? The Shinretsuzan or Resolution of Soldiers? Reason I’m asking is cuz AmiAmi just restocked on their Rose RoS and was wondering if I should buy that or if I should pay a little more and get the Shinretsuzan. Also, what would you guys say is the best Golden Freeza statue?
If it's a choice between the two than the RoS definitely it's tall at 28cm tall but unlike the previous Grandista (Z Buu SS Goku and Majin Vegeta) from what I can tell banpresto didn't f**k with the prototype this time! As well as giving it a non generic pose. Also it's slowly creeping up in market value too. I would have had mine this week but UK had snow so post has been delayed otherwise I would've had a mini review up. But from what I've seen from unboxings it seems a very good piece!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
But unfortunately is rather expensive so I'd recommend the SCultures 5 SPECIAL Golden Freeza, it's on the small side at 8cm but it's rather inexpensive and seems best option not counting the D. O. D:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I completely forgot about the DoD figure but it looks way better than I remember. It’s around $100 though so I might go with the Scultures since I’ve been a fan of some of the Banpresto statues

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:12 am

Thanks for the new information SSGSS Goku! Ca't wait for that Grandista UI Goku, I think it looks quite bit better than the IBK UI Goku especially on the detail, more subtler shading and more proportioned sculpt. The detail and likeness on the Grandista line is just unbeatable, I really wish they do a SSBlue Goku and Blue Evolution Vegeta as I'm quite mesmerized by the Majin Vegeta I got recently. Also FES Goku holds up pretty well against all the larger scale ones too, they're by far the best 8 inch scale figures I've seen.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:39 am

Seems like the FES Special has been revealed (or at least I think this is it) and it’s not Ultra Instinct. It’s just a repaint of a few of the previous FES figures which I guess is good since SSJ4 pre sold out so fast on AmiAmi and TOM but I was really looking forward to a UI FES figure https://imgur.com/a/mthAT

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:53 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:Seems like the FES Special has been revealed (or at least I think this is it) and it’s not Ultra Instinct. It’s just a repaint of a few of the previous FES figures which I guess is good since SSJ4 pre sold out so fast on AmiAmi and TOM but I was really looking forward to a UI FES figure https://imgur.com/a/mthAT
Yeah I found out yesterday was too disgruntled.

Disappointed is an understatement SSGSS and SS3 literally had f**king repaints... Man jeez these lazy bastards man. It's like I cannot complain enough!

Guess Stage 8 in September will be UI. There will be no moulds for them to re-use for 8 but we'll see.

These f**king people I swear.

Plus the FES line haven't gone above market so it's not like they needed a re-release. Plenty of other lines/figures in need of a re-release and they chose FES, bunch of jokers.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:55 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I completely forgot about the DoD figure but it looks way better than I remember. It’s around $100 though so I might go with the Scultures since I’ve been a fan of some of the Banpresto statues
My bad mate, seems the SCultures Freeza has indeed gone up in price well over 2300 yen new, the listing I came across the other day was pre-owned w/o box so that explained it's cheapness.

Honestly doesn't seem to be that many options for Golden Freeza.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: If it's a choice between the two than the RoS definitely it's tall at 28cm tall but unlike the previous Grandista (Z Buu SS Goku and Majin Vegeta) from what I can tell banpresto didn't f**k with the prototype this time! As well as giving it a non generic pose. Also it's slowly creeping up in market value too. I would have had mine this week but UK had snow so post has been delayed otherwise I would've had a mini review up. But from what I've seen from unboxings it seems a very good piece!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
My bad mate, seems the SCultures Freeza has indeed gone up in price well over 2300 yen new, the listing I came across the other day was pre-owned w/o box so that explained it's cheapness.

I found one for $30 that luckily wasn’t a bootleg. Although I will admit, the bootlegs I’ve seen of it are not as bad as a lot of the other Banpresto bootlegs I’ve seen

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:43 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote: I completely forgot about the DoD figure but it looks way better than I remember. It’s around $100 though so I might go with the Scultures since I’ve been a fan of some of the Banpresto statues

I found one for $30 that luckily wasn’t a bootleg. Although I will admit, the bootlegs I’ve seen of it are not as bad as a lot of the other Banpresto bootlegs I’ve seen
Nakazawa didn't disappoint with that Freeza sculpt. Unfortunately Kozo did with his SSGSS Goku (didn't even include the bang!) for the special which explains why the SSGSS Goku of the set is still lying around cheap, despite the Freeza going up.

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:45 pm

Looks like these are starting to make the rounds... I haven't seen one for less than $150 though. Any chance the price on these will go down in time or is this one of those now-or-never type things?