"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Cetra » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:38 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Yep, goku lost because he tripped on a rock... how else will goku lose :lol:
How long are you a fan of Dragon Ball now? Goku lost his first tournament because he fell over too early other than Roshi (who basically cheated because he did not stand straight as Goku but did some weird kneeling pose while saying his line) and his second one because he hit an out of bounds object before Tenshinhan.
Last edited by Cetra on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:38 pm

I can understand being upset at the spoilers but some of the way you guys are reacting to this is ridiculous. Like just wait for the damn epsidoe to air before you start rioting and declaring Super as the worst thing to ever happen to Dragon Ball. To me at least I'm interested to see how this all plays out in the end and at the moment I'm optimistic about it. They could easily drop the ball but like I said I'm just gonna wait before I take out my pitchfork.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:38 pm

Will wrote:Because the "more epic" is toei design, and the final design is the real design by Toriyama.
And Toei made Toriyama's design way better in the anime.
It doesn't matter who designed who, one is more original while the other is just ANOTHER recolor that's just there to move merchandise.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:40 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
And there’s a but after that. And knowing these spoilers, that probably isn’t what took Goku out of the ring.
Knowing te spoilers, it is what took goku out te field.

Regardless. Goku only had the upper hand before jire decides to go all sun like on goku
Based on one attack that ‘blows Goku away’ that we have no context on. Especially since we see Jiren fight with his aura and the preview.
Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
And there’s a but after that. And knowing these spoilers, that probably isn’t what took Goku out of the ring.
And a "but" could mean anything. Absolutely nothing there suggests it refers to Goku surpassing Jiren. In fact, the next episode preview would suggest the exact opposite with Goku losing.

That is my point. We don’t know how Goku lose. And the preview only said Goku is out, not that Jiren overpowered him and the same preview said Goku had the advantage until Jiren gets serious. Which we actually see in the NEP and Jiren there wasn’t exactly shining brightly.
Which is my point to you. Nothing suggests Goku overpowers Jiren after he powers up. A brief scuffle in a 25 second preview is not evidence of that. The only things we know are that Goku overpowers Jiren before the latter uses his full power and that Goku loses to Jiren. That's it.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:40 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
This isn’t about me not accepting something. I am just pointed out that nothing said Goku lost because Jiren was better or stronger.
Yep, goku lost because he tripped on a rock... how else will goku lose :lol:
Well, Goku is the same person who lost to an unconscious Tien because a trunk hit him.
Ok, I’m actually a guy who listenes to people. So this is an honest question, not playing around. We know goku won’t overpower full power jiren, but how will he lose in your opinion.

I’m not a person who shuts down others opinion

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:41 pm

Cetra wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Yep, goku lost because he tripped on a rock... how else will goku lose :lol:
How long are you a fan of Dragon Ball now? Goku lost his first tournament because he fell over too early other than Roshi (who basically cheated because he did not stand straight as Goku but did some weird kneeling pose while saying his line) and his second one because he hit an out of bounds object before Tenshinhan.
If we count filler and GT, he lost by going out of bounds by touching the ceiling and was tickled out of the ring.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:We know goku won’t overpower full power jiren ...
Maybe I have missed some early spoilers but I have not seen anything that makes us "know" that he does not overpower him, just that Jiren is still there.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:43 pm

Cetra wrote:
Maybe I have missed some early spoilers but I have not seen anything that makes us "know" that he does not overpower him, just that Jiren is still there.
Easily, he won’t cause it says in te spoilers that he only does so before jiren goes all UI like on goku. So there you go

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:43 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Knowing te spoilers, it is what took goku out te field.

Regardless. Goku only had the upper hand before jire decides to go all sun like on goku
Based on one attack that ‘blows Goku away’ that we have no context on. Especially since we see Jiren fight with his aura and the preview.
Birusu16 wrote:
And a "but" could mean anything. Absolutely nothing there suggests it refers to Goku surpassing Jiren. In fact, the next episode preview would suggest the exact opposite with Goku losing.

That is my point. We don’t know how Goku lose. And the preview only said Goku is out, not that Jiren overpowered him and the same preview said Goku had the advantage until Jiren gets serious. Which we actually see in the NEP and Jiren there wasn’t exactly shining brightly.
Which is my point to you. Nothing suggests Goku overpowers Jiren after he powers up. A brief scuffle in a 25 second preview is not evidence of that. The only things we know are that Goku overpowers Jiren before the latter uses his full power and that Goku loses to Jiren. That's it.
Except the summery saying Goku had the advantage and the NEP showing Goku having only some problems against a glowing Jiren.

That’s more evidence than Jiren brute force his way to a win.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:44 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Easily, he won’t cause it says in te spoilers that he only does so before jiren goes all UI like on goku. So there you go
That post was hard to read. What is the "easily" for?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Cetra wrote:
The only thing the spoiler say was Jiren got serious and blows Goku away. It doesn’t even say the blow rung Goku out.
Kanassa wrote:

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:45 pm

HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:

Except the summery saying Goku had the advantage and the NEP showing Goku having only some problems against a glowing Jiren.

That was against Jiren before he uses his full power. And like I said, a 25 second preview is proof of nothing.

And I never said Jiren will brute force his way to a win. I only took issue with your statement of the summary suggesting Goku overpowers a full power Jiren when nothing of the sort in those summaries suggest that.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:46 pm

HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:

Remember NEP for 121? The one that made vegeta look like he was giving trouble to jiren?

And I only saw jiren get hit once in his glowing state, and goku shows a very shocked expression in the preview. So there you go

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:47 pm

I think even when the anime comes back, Goku'll still use Omen sometimes and treat MUI like a power-up to that.
Just a feeling based on the ending and the other picture.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:48 pm

I'll wait to watch the episode to see how this plays out. But I do want to Freeza to win this. Freeza winning the Tournament Of Power is only way him coming back to life has any kind of significant payoff.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Yep, goku lost because he tripped on a rock... how else will goku lose :lol:
Well, Goku is the same person who lost to an unconscious Tien because a trunk hit him.
Ok, I’m actually a guy who listenes to people. So this is an honest question, not playing around. We know goku won’t overpower full power jiren, but how will he lose in your opinion.

I’m not a person who shuts down others opinion
We don’t know enough to say ‘Goku won’t overpower full power Jiren’, especially with just one line about Jiren blows Goku away and a small NEP that shows full powered Jiren having issues.

Given how Dragon Ball can be, Goku may have tripped and face fall out of the ring. It wouldn’t be his first humiliating defeat.
Kanassa wrote:

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Well Whis is confirmed full of crap, he said UI was unbeatable

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'll wait to watch the episode to see how this plays out. But I do want to Freeza to win this. Freeza winning the Tournament Of Power is only way him coming back to life has any kind of significant payoff.
It's a lose-lose situation. If Freeza doesn't take down Jiren he'll be wasted. If Goku doesn't take him down his new form will be wasted.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:

That was against Jiren before he uses his full power. And like I said, a 25 second preview is proof of nothing.

And I never said Jiren will brute force his way to a win. I only took issue with your statement of the summary suggesting Goku overpowers a full power Jiren when nothing of the sort in those summaries suggest that.
It is proof since we have visuals of what is happening over a line summery, that some times are wrong about what happened.

Summery plus NEP highly suggests that yes, Goku overpowered Jiren.
Kanassa wrote:

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:51 pm

OLKv3 wrote:Well Whis is confirmed full of crap, he said UI was unbeatable
How can that even be? Two people with UI fight forever? Two Angels cannot fight each other?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy