I fell GT Goku more better than Super Goku

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

I fell GT Goku more better than Super Goku

Post by Gohan123 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:26 pm

GT Goku really better than Goku because he was more serious and funny than Super Goku. Super Goku more retard and downgrade than GT Goku . GT Goku record against his enemy more better than Super Goku .

GT Goku >>> Super Goku :wink:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: I fell GT Goku more better than Super Goku

Post by Grimlock » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:58 pm

Gohan123 wrote:GT Goku record against his enemy more better than Super Goku .
:crazy:
Gohan123 wrote:GT Goku >>> Super Goku :wink:
Please elaborate in a better way what you are trying to say, present your thoughts in a more straight and understable way too.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:24 pm

The canvass tends to exaggerate how dumb and how often super dumbs Goku down. I personally gave zero fucks about GT Goku which was the same opinion I had over Super’s Goku until this saga where I started enjoying him more

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:41 pm

Grammar confusion aside, I agree that GT Goku is better than Super Goku. It felt like natural progression for his personality as he's more mature and collected most likely due to being a mentor to Uub for years kinda needing for him to straighten out a bit. Even though he's more mature, we also get him being a happy little kid because...well he's a kid now, instead of just being a man-child like in Super. I like Super Goku as well (mainly from the ToP) but GT Goku's such a nice mixture of Dragon Ball and Z in one package.

Also GT Goku has my favorite Goku gi so that's also a plus.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:50 pm

GT Goku is like every other cookie cutter shonen character that does a cheap job of ripping off Goku. Super Goku is just Goku with some of his attributes pushed a bit more than others.

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:15 am

lancerman wrote:GT Goku is like every other cookie cutter shonen character that does a cheap job of ripping off Goku. Super Goku is just Goku with some of his attributes pushed a bit more than others.
Not really GT Goku personality like Z Goku and he was more mature than Super Goku . Despite Super Goku have cool moment than GT Goku but his personality was really ruined become more childish and retard .

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:25 am

Gohan123 wrote:
lancerman wrote:GT Goku is like every other cookie cutter shonen character that does a cheap job of ripping off Goku. Super Goku is just Goku with some of his attributes pushed a bit more than others.
Not really GT Goku personality like Z Goku and he was more mature than Super Goku . Despite Super Goku have cool moment than GT Goku but his personality was really ruined become more childish and retard .
The only time that I would say that GT Goku was objectively more mature than Super Goku was in parts of the post U6 stuff, and some of the Black arc stuff. Otherwise, his was equally as stupid as Super Goku, because lets face it, they're both essentially the same character, and they're both just as stupid as one another, hell, they both even have similar character arcs relating to their families for christs sakes(even though I will say though Goku constantly saving, and having emotional moments about saving Pan did get stale), though I will say that Super episode 43 does a better job of really exploring this idea of Goku being a grown man now than really anything from GT, because he wasn't a grown old man, he was just a kid, meaning they never really got to explore that really interesting family angle.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:34 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Gohan123 wrote:
The only time that I would say that GT Goku was objectively more mature than Super Goku was in parts of the post U6 stuff, and some of the Black arc stuff. Otherwise, his was equally as stupid as Super Goku, because lets face it, they're both essentially the same character, and they're both just as stupid as one another, hell, they both even have similar character arcs relating to their families for christs sakes(even though I will say though Goku constantly saving, and having emotional moments about saving Pan did get stale), though I will say that Super episode 43 does a better job of really exploring this idea of Goku being a grown man now than really anything from GT, because he wasn't a grown old man, he was just a kid, meaning they never really got to explore that really interesting family angle.
Episodes 71, 77, and 90 also have some very nice fatherly Goku moments. Goku was also very sagely in 75 and 76, which everyone ignores because of Goku's one line about not understanding Krillin's deep meaningful speech in 76.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:29 am

I can't speak for rhe original Japanese script (need to watch it to finally compile a proper list of GT's problems), but speaking from the FUNi dub, GT Goku was nothing short of insufferable. The way he patronized his opponents and gave them moralizing speeches was at an all time high in GT, peaking in the fight against Omega Shenron. In that fight it was even worse, because he had Vegeta there to yes everything he said ("Listen to Kakarot, I had to learn the hard way"), which canon Vegeta would sooner die than do. I know that this whole "Superman Goku and his faithful sidekick who knows his place" setup appeals to many, but I'm not among them.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:55 am

Gohan123 wrote:GT Goku really better than Goku because he was more serious and funny than Super Goku. Super Goku more retard and downgrade than GT Goku . GT Goku record against his enemy more better than Super Goku .

Last edited by Vegeta_Sama on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get Fucked, C_unt

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:11 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Gohan123 wrote:GT Goku really better than Goku because he was more serious and funny than Super Goku. Super Goku more retard and downgrade than GT Goku . GT Goku record against his enemy more better than Super Goku .

R.I.P English
As long as you understand what he's trying to say, what is the problem? Clearly English is not his first language.
It's not mine either and I can clearly understand his points. This kind of attitude is what might discourage people to participate in English forums.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:23 am

OverHeaven wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:

R.I.P English
As long as you understand what he's trying to say, what is the problem? Clearly English is not his first language.
It's not mine either and I can clearly understand his points. This kind of attitude is what might discourage people to participate in English forums.
Come on, I was just kidding, I didn't want to sound harsh/rude. Yeah, I should probably delete it, thanks for making me realize my mistake
Get Fucked, C_unt

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:54 am

IMHO GT Goku was the saga feeling drawn-out and overstaying its welcome, which had felt that way since the Buu saga.

But Super Goku, tried very hard to showcase Goku's potential for evil or at least the negative side of his existence, first with the creation of Black Goku and then having him kick off a multiversal tournament that punishes its losers with erasure.

It's a clash between two vices, and I'd have to pick the one that didn't portray Goku as evil.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:32 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote:IMHO GT Goku was the saga feeling drawn-out and overstaying its welcome, which had felt that way since the Buu saga.

But Super Goku, tried very hard to showcase Goku's potential for evil or at least the negative side of his existence, first with the creation of Black Goku and then having him kick off a multiversal tournament that punishes its losers with erasure.

It's a clash between two vices, and I'd have to pick the one that didn't portray Goku as evil.
Super never portrayed Goku as evil, it only portrayed him as imperfect, according to the writer's intentions all along. It showed that Goku's selfish actions can lead to unforeseen consequences. Which is very much in line with stuff such as Goku giving Cell a Senzu back in the Cell Games which ended up costing him his life etc.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:46 pm

I like both incarnations of the character. The both feel appropriate for the story they try to tell at times.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:49 pm

I know this is really rude of me but the English in the title is pretty bad. And I'm a non-native speaker.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:04 pm

Stuff like "more better" is fine, but once you type a sentence that does not make sense at all, like the one I replied with just ":crazy:", then the person is just breaking rules that they agreed to twice prior to registration. So it's not rude at all to ask for a more appropriate way to express their feelings through a slight better grammar.

As far as the opening post went, I can't really provide a proper feedback because he did not write any substantial argument in a way that can be understood.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Saturnine wrote: Super never portrayed Goku as evil, it only portrayed him as imperfect, according to the writer's intentions all along. It showed that Goku's selfish actions can lead to unforeseen consequences. Which is very much in line with stuff such as Goku giving Cell a Senzu back in the Cell Games which ended up costing him his life etc.
Goku is no stranger to bad decisions: letting go of Raditz's tail, giving Cell a senzu bean, waiting for the Androids to be made, etc.

But DBS decided to showcase just how destructive these decisions could get, ie him enabling the creation of Goku Black (the deaths of timelines) and enabling Zen-O to create a tournament where he could erase all the losers. I don't think if that was necessary, nor do I believe that should have happened. Why did the writers think it was necessary to show Goku as a screw-up on a level greater than DB had previously shown?
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:57 pm

Gohan123 wrote:
Z Goku said he could beat Boo, knowing two of the strongest fighters on the planet likely died fighting him, and placed the fate of the world on two toddlers. He then refused to fuss with Vegeta again against Kid Boo, knowing full well they would have quickly one, and then miscalculated and needed to get bailed out by Dragon Balls and the Spirit Bomb.

This was removed from all the questionable crap he pulled in the Android arc

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:19 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote:
But DBS decided to showcase just how destructive these decisions could get, ie him enabling the creation of Goku Black (the deaths of timelines) and enabling Zen-O to create a tournament where he could erase all the losers. I don't think if that was necessary, nor do I believe that should have happened. Why did the writers think it was necessary to show Goku as a screw-up on a level greater than DB had previously shown?
Well, because everything was on a level greater than previously shown, the scope of the story first and foremost :P

You hang with more important people, your decisions have more severe consequences.