U7 and U11 both survive?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

U7 and U11 both survive?

Post by Nero<>Akira » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:36 pm

So because of the recent spoilers, does anyone feel that the TOP may actually be a draw with Freeza and Jiren? And the omni kings spare them since time runs out?
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: U7 and U11 both survive?

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:38 pm

And Nobody else gets revived because Jiren gets the wish and uses it for himself .Imagine the shitstorm :lol:

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:51 pm

lol Imagine if no one gets a wish because it's a draw and they'll make due with surviving.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:55 pm

U7 is about to get erased and then Goku wakes up the day of the 28th World Tournament and everything was a dream

"Chiichi I was a god!! Freeza came back and he was gold! There was an evil me!!"

"Are you okay? Did you eat something funny before bed?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:55 pm

words cannot express how angry that would make me LOL

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:10 pm

Well apparently Zen-Oh dose not change his mind so the odds are low he'll let them both live. While its been fun, he's erased even the likes of universe 3 without a seconds thought and....
[spoiler]is apparently ready to do the same to 7 in the final episode before Frieza shows up.[/spoiler]

I don't even think a tie will help due to that reason, even if the time ends it will go to sudden death I reckon.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:42 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:And Nobody else gets revived because Jiren gets the wish and uses it for himself .Imagine the shitstorm :lol:
I’d lol hard if this were to happen. I think it’s quite possible both universes survive

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:52 am

Yeah I definitely see a draw. Both universes get spared. I doubt goku will lose to jiren and never have a rematch again (if db ever comes back again)

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:06 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Yeah I definitely see a draw. Both universes get spared. I doubt goku will lose to jiren and never have a rematch again (if db ever comes back again)
Goku never rematched officially with Hit since Toei had to do it themselves for the anime. And as things stand, he won't rematch against Beerus. So chances are, he probably won't rematched with Jiren.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:09 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Yeah I definitely see a draw. Both universes get spared. I doubt goku will lose to jiren and never have a rematch again (if db ever comes back again)
I mean he’s already fought Jiren like 5 times already. He’s never rematched Piccolo or Beerus or Hit in the manga. Definitely possible he never fights Jiren again after this tournament

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:31 pm

Based on the recent interview, with jiren having an important role in 132, I now really doubt universe 11 will be erased.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:38 pm

HeroR wrote:
Goku never rematched officially with Hit since Toei had to do it themselves for the anime. And as things stand, he won't rematch against Beerus. So chances are, he probably won't rematched with Jiren.
"Officially" what does this even mean? Everything done in DBS is "official" it it's appropriate medium- the anime or manga.
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Based on the recent interview, with jiren having an important role in 132, I now really doubt universe 11 will be erased.
Given the comments of Jiren learning from Goku and the secrecy about his wish, I think it is looking very likely that U7 do lose but Jiren wishes for them not to be erased. That would explain the title of "Miraculous conclusion".

Honestly I am okay if that happens.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
I mean he’s already fought Jiren like 5 times already. He’s never rematched Piccolo or Beerus or Hit in the manga. Definitely possible he never fights Jiren again after this tournament
Goku sparred with Piccolo for three years, leaving aside that the 23rd Budokai was a rematch.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
"Officially" what does this even mean? Everything done in DBS is "official" it it's appropriate medium- the anime or manga.
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Based on the recent interview, with jiren having an important role in 132, I now really doubt universe 11 will be erased.
Given the comments of Jiren learning from Goku and the secrecy about his wish, I think it is looking very likely that U7 do lose but Jiren wishes for them not to be erased. That would explain the title of "Miraculous conclusion".

I’m ok too. But I don’t think toei has the balls to do such a thing. I think they will just tie. But if such a thing happens, then that’ll be surprising.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:45 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:

I mean ‘officially’ in the sense that despite Goku’s fight with Hit being left in the air, Toriyama never planned for them to fight again.

That would honestly be lame since it feels too much like a repeat of the Champa Saga.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:46 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Goku sparred with Piccolo for three years, leaving aside that the 23rd Budokai was a rematch.
Piccolo Jr ain’t the same as Daimao. Sparring isn’t a rematch either.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Jigurashi wrote: Piccolo Jr ain’t the same as Daimao. Sparring isn’t a rematch either.
I mean, he literally is, because he says so.

And says who?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:49 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:I’m ok too. But I don’t think toei has the balls to do such a thing. I think they will just tie. But if such a thing happens, then that’ll be surprising.
I think we'll see the shift in focus in the next episode, instead of like before where Jiren's strength being the wall for our heroes to overcome, UI Goku will be Jiren's and we'll see Jiren's resolve.

They've already teased Jiren's specific wish and the fact he is looking for something that "lies beyond strength" and now given the comments the director made about Jiren learning from Goku etc I am honestly pretty excited for these last two episodes.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:I’m ok too. But I don’t think toei has the balls to do such a thing. I think they will just tie. But if such a thing happens, then that’ll be surprising.
I think we'll see the shift in focus in the next episode, instead of like before where Jiren's strength being the wall for our heroes to overcome, UI Goku will be Jiren's and we'll see Jiren's resolve.

They've already teased Jiren's specific wish and the fact he is looking for something that "lies beyond strength" and now given the comments the director made about Jiren learning from Goku etc I am honestly pretty excited for these last two episodes.
I’m not sure. What lies beyond strength seems to be related to the death of his family. To me it means that jiren knows that no matter how strong he gets, he won’t be able to resurrect his loved ones. I’m definitely anxious to see how goku losing affects the story.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

I’m not sure. What lies beyond strength seems to be related to the death of his family. To me it means that jiren knows that no matter how strong he gets, he won’t be able to resurrect his loved ones. I’m definitely anxious to see how goku losing affects the story.
Acoording to a Herms, Jiren basically said ‘I want to get stronger’ which was why Goku reacted so positively.
Kanassa wrote: