U7 and U11 both survive?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: U7 and U11 both survive?

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:58 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I think we'll see the shift in focus in the next episode, instead of like before where Jiren's strength being the wall for our heroes to overcome, UI Goku will be Jiren's and we'll see Jiren's resolve.

They've already teased Jiren's specific wish and the fact he is looking for something that "lies beyond strength" and now given the comments the director made about Jiren learning from Goku etc I am honestly pretty excited for these last two episodes.
I’m not sure. What lies beyond strength seems to be related to the death of his family. To me it means that jiren knows that no matter how strong he gets, he won’t be able to resurrect his loved ones. I’m definitely anxious to see how goku losing affects the story.
Acoording to a Herms, Jiren basically said ‘I want to get stronger’ which was why Goku reacted so positively.
Are you sure? I remember Herms saying Goku misunderstood Jiren to think that rather than that is what Jiren meant.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:02 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I think we'll see the shift in focus in the next episode, instead of like before where Jiren's strength being the wall for our heroes to overcome, UI Goku will be Jiren's and we'll see Jiren's resolve.

They've already teased Jiren's specific wish and the fact he is looking for something that "lies beyond strength" and now given the comments the director made about Jiren learning from Goku etc I am honestly pretty excited for these last two episodes.
I’m not sure. What lies beyond strength seems to be related to the death of his family. To me it means that jiren knows that no matter how strong he gets, he won’t be able to resurrect his loved ones. I’m definitely anxious to see how goku losing affects the story.
Acoording to a Herms, Jiren basically said ‘I want to get stronger’ which was why Goku reacted so positively.
That was actually herms opinion, not a statement.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:14 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Are you sure? I remember Herms saying Goku misunderstood Jiren to think that rather than that is what Jiren meant.
I don’t remember Herms saying that Goku misunderstood Jiren. I think he said the sub translation was weird.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Here was what Herms had to say about it: https://twitter.com/herms98/status/9500 ... 16?lang=en Still not terribly clear what he means by that.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:24 pm

HeroR wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
I don’t remember Herms saying that Goku misunderstood Jiren. I think he said the sub translation was weird.
No, it was just herms opinion on what jiren meant. Not translation.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:I’m ok too. But I don’t think toei has the balls to do such a thing. I think they will just tie. But if such a thing happens, then that’ll be surprising.
I think we'll see the shift in focus in the next episode, instead of like before where Jiren's strength being the wall for our heroes to overcome, UI Goku will be Jiren's and we'll see Jiren's resolve.

This is pretty interesting. Interview makes it seem like there’s a payoff for Jiren.