"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:18 pm

I guess this is relevant here too
The Dragon Ball Super movie this time around will be the next place story that takes place the next time it's on now TV.The content will shed a little light on previously unexplored topics having to do with Frieza and the Saiyans, and I think it will be a very enjoyable story that benefit a long-awaited formidable opponent!

With 2013's Battle of Gods, the previous installment Resurrection 'F', and now this time too, I've been been drawing quite a few things for them, like design illustrations.I'm (laugh) So on that note, I very much hope I have not busy as ever, and if I was not serializing anything, I 'd have time to think. you look forward to it!

By the way, I think the highly popular Dragon Ball Super manga, drawn by Toyotaro, is going to see some developments different from the TV anime or movies, so please look forward to that.
http://www.dbmovie-20th.com/
I'm guessing something is lost in translation and he didn't really say movies

https://twitter.com/TOYOTARO_Vjump/stat ... 1071049728
Manga will continue. I guess it'll be business as usual, where the manga will do an adaptation of the movie with some differences.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Will Manga become the source material whenever the anime returns?

Guess the Emperor of Evil had a purpose for returning

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:57 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:Will Manga become the source material whenever the anime returns?

Guess the Emperor of Evil had a purpose for returning
Most likely not. If Toriyama continues the storyline after TOP with the manga, & the anime returns, it's most likely still gonna adapt the plot points & outline Toriyama provides them. They may take influence from the manga if it gets that far before the anime goes into production again, but don't expect that it'd be a 1-1 translation of it.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Scsigs wrote:Most likely not. If Toriyama continues the storyline after TOP with the manga, & the anime returns, it's most likely still gonna adapt the plot points & outline Toriyama provides them. They may take influence from the manga if it gets that far before the anime goes into production again, but don't expect that it'd be a 1-1 translation of it.
Yeah. With Toyotaro being in a monthly publication there's really no way he could stay ahead of a weekly anime unless he either had a huge backlog of chapters or reached some kind of conclusion before the anime caught up.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:55 pm

The Dragon Ball Super movie this time around will be the next place story that takes place the next time it's on now TV.The content will shed a little light on previously unexplored topics having to do with Frieza and the Saiyans, and I think it will be a very enjoyable story that benefit a long-awaited formidable opponent!
I don't get it. This movie will be after ToP, also the antagonist will be a new one?
Cipher wrote:Minor nitpick, but as mentioned above, GT was only ever the anime's continuation. Several anime-only elements play key roles, such as the Tsufurujin, the divine water, and the anime's interpretation of Hell.
The same could be said about Super, man. They use anime only elements like Gregory and Ginyu being a frog.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:00 pm

Man I'm happy Toyotaro is still doing DBS and his manga is not gonna end in the Top meaning the 8 volume theory is a bust.
Mostly active on discord.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Awesome news !! More manga after top. That makes sense
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:42 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Scsigs wrote:Most likely not. If Toriyama continues the storyline after TOP with the manga, & the anime returns, it's most likely still gonna adapt the plot points & outline Toriyama provides them. They may take influence from the manga if it gets that far before the anime goes into production again, but don't expect that it'd be a 1-1 translation of it.
Yeah. With Toyotaro being in a monthly publication there's really no way he could stay ahead of a weekly anime unless he either had a huge backlog of chapters or reached some kind of conclusion before the anime caught up.
I wonder if he is going to make a version of the movie in the manga or do what he did for RoF. Which he just told the story up until the Goku vs Freeza fight and at the end he says go watch the film to see the rest of the story.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:30 pm

majinwarman wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
I wonder if he is going to make a version of the movie in the manga or do what he did for RoF. Which he just told the story up until the Goku vs Freeza fight and at the end he says go watch the film to see the rest of the story.
I really hope, still kinda stinks we didnt get a revival f arc. Maybe this movie could be a bonus chapter?

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:20 am

Yay,manga will go on as usual.I hope we get 12 chapters for top.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:28 am

Is there actually confirmation that the manga will continue past the Tournament of Power? If there is, I missed it.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Riczi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Riczi » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:09 am

Black Hawk wrote:Is there actually confirmation that the manga will continue past the Tournament of Power? If there is, I missed it.
No.
It's just a speculation, because movie will be continuation of Super anime.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:27 am

Riczi wrote:
Black Hawk wrote:Is there actually confirmation that the manga will continue past the Tournament of Power? If there is, I missed it.
No.
From Toriyama on the fron page :

"the Dragon Ball Super comic drawn by Toyotaro will keep on going as-is. I think there will also be story developments different from the TV show and the movie"
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:37 am

sintzu wrote:
Riczi wrote:
No.

"the Dragon Ball Super comic drawn by Toyotaro will keep on going as-is. I think there will also be story developments different from the TV show and the movie"
Yeah, that definitely suggests that its going to adapt the movie(which appears to be a continuation of the anime).

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:52 am

JazzMazz wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Riczi wrote:No.

Yeah, that definitely suggests that its going to adapt the movie(which appears to be a continuation of the anime).
I think his words can be looked at in more than one way.

1- The manga will continue adapting Toriyama's stories but change things up like what its been doing.

2- The manga will move ahead of the anime and movie after the TOP so we can get a glimps at what's to come once the anime returns.

3- The least likely, the manga will continue after the TOP in its own direction while Toriyama and the anime/movies will do their own thing. I think this'll be the best thing cause it'll give us even more content to enjoy alongside what Toriyama's doing.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:55 am

jeffbr92 wrote:The same could be said about Super, man. They use anime only elements like Gregory and Ginyu being a frog.
True. Don't watch Super. Watch the movies.

(Incidentally, Super mostly fits with the Kai broadcast that immediately preceded it, though there's no way around the misalignment of their Hell depictions.)

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:14 am

No. But he Will probably adapt the movie.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:19 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: Yeah. With Toyotaro being in a monthly publication there's really no way he could stay ahead of a weekly anime unless he either had a huge backlog of chapters or reached some kind of conclusion before the anime caught up.
I really hope, still kinda stinks we didnt get a revival f arc. Maybe this movie could be a bonus chapter?
We will just have to wait and see.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:24 am

Will most likely adapt the movie, then proly a new story which will be a new series.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Hope the ToP won't be rushed. Seriously.