"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:20 pm

TobyS wrote:I just hate when you are down to needing a few models but you'll never get them, wish it had a system like fighterz where you can guarantee a figure you ain't got yet....

Edit: Figure exp ain't so bad if you recycle figures, but master xp is bloody hard to come by!
But now that they've added in a 'dupe' system similar to Dokkan (which gives incredibly small gains considering what you're given up) it's even harder to get figure EXP. That being said, I needed a slight stat bump so got rid of almost all my SR's and that was barely enough to gain 20 or so levels on one figure, so you're gonna be grinding TP medals for hours on hours on hours or dropping some cash if you want to get EXP that way. For an extra mode I just don't like that it's so stingy.

If it does come back in XV3, just be more generous with the EXP systems (the amount of medals given out as rewards isn't actually too terrible) and tie it into the game better. I'd love to have figures as bonus drops in PQ's (not exclusively) for high ranks or maybe achieving a certain objective in a mission.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:30 am

I'm laughing at Broly's freakishly large size in comparison to the rest of the Time Patrol. Everyone is below his waist that its hilarious during the cutscenes before the missions in the Extra Story.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:52 am

Gt91 wrote:
Xaroc wrote:My problem lies with the Hero Colosseum. Now I have to beat Gokuu AND Hit in one story part. But either I have a team, that I can use against Gokuu and fail spectacular against Hit afterwards or it is the other way around, and I can't even reach Hit because a deck that is useful against him doesn't work on Gokuu. I already leveled my figures and limit break and everything. I even tried the Vegeta Blue Cheese tactic, but even that won't help. And I thought Vados was annoying but the just drops dead on the first turn now with said Vegeta Blue Cheese Tactic.
Yeah, that part was hard but i suggest you this deck *spoiler about a 7 star battle *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmnZ5ZRunVQ

with this deck you can easily win in every battle.
What are the figure numbers in the deck? And what exactly is the win rate with this? I'm stuck at the second Champa fight in the story and can't get past the Hit battle in Free Battle.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:08 am

SSJFutureTrunks wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
Xaroc wrote:My problem lies with the Hero Colosseum. Now I have to beat Gokuu AND Hit in one story part. But either I have a team, that I can use against Gokuu and fail spectacular against Hit afterwards or it is the other way around, and I can't even reach Hit because a deck that is useful against him doesn't work on Gokuu. I already leveled my figures and limit break and everything. I even tried the Vegeta Blue Cheese tactic, but even that won't help. And I thought Vados was annoying but the just drops dead on the first turn now with said Vegeta Blue Cheese Tactic.
Yeah, that part was hard but i suggest you this deck *spoiler about a 7 star battle *

What are the figure numbers in the deck? And what exactly is the win rate with this? I'm stuck at the second Champa fight in the story and can't get past the Hit battle in Free Battle.
I can answer that: you pretty much win every game, if you follow the intended strategy:
Use two Gohans to fill the Ultimate Gauge, while Trunks in the backrow raises the speed in the first turn. When the gauge is full, place Trunks alone(!) in the Ultimate Slot and watch him half the master's life and defeat 2 or even 3 enemies at once. Repeat. It simply doesn't work if the enemy uses those Gokuu or Janemba figures that reduce your Ultimate Gauge by 15% at the end of the turn, preventing you from using an Ultimate ever.

My (improved) Team of the one in the video:

No. 120 Future Trunks Lv. Max/99 (but Lv. Max/60 works as well)
HP 4060
ATK 4370 (mine has + 100 by a dupe)
DEF 1570
SPD 5320
- More STM (when alone)
- Double ATK (when alone)
- Triple SPD (when alone)

N0. 87 Super Gohan Lv. Max/60
HP 4500
ATK 3200
ABW 2050 (mine has + 250 by dupes)
SPD 2100 (mine has + 400 by dupes)
- DEF Up (front row)
- More DEF (when second)
- SPD Up (front row)

N. 87 Super Gohan Lv. Max/60
TP 4500
ATK 3200
DEF 1800
SPD 2000 (mine has + 300 by dupes)
- More ATK (when second)
- More DEF when second)
- DEF Up (front row)

No. 88 Super Gohan Lv. Max/60
HP 6090
ATK 2740
DEF 1740 (mine has + 450 by dupes)
SPD 2120
- More UTG (turn 2)
- More DEF (always)
- DEF Up (front row)

HP 6090
ATK 2740
DEF 1590 (mine has + 300 by dupes)
SPD 2120
- More UTG (turn 3)
- Less UTG (turn 2)
- ATK Up (front row)

As I said: place Trunks first turn in the left backrow slot and both 87(!) Gohans in the middle and left frontrow so their 30% Gauge Boosts kick in (and the enemy should NOT place two figures in the same row as Trunks, because if he dies you lose, or figures that reduce your gauge at the end of the turn). In the second turn the gauge should already be full (if not, just repeat the first turn) and Trunks must me alone in the middle frontrow for his Ultimate Attack. Use the 87 Gohans (if they are still alive) again the their correct slots, otherwise resort to the 88 Gohans. (I mainly use those to prevent the enemy from filling his own gauge and slightly boost up my own). Using this strategy the game should be over in at least 4 turns (maybe more).
Sometimes you can also take the risk and place Trunks alone on the field if you think you hit an empty row, so he can finish the master quickly, but that depends on the enemy and his strategy, left over figures and HP (your master's and the enemy's) of course.

Hope I could help.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:46 pm

Xaroc wrote:
SSJFutureTrunks wrote:
Gt91 wrote:

I can answer that: you pretty much win every game, if you follow the intended strategy:
Use two Gohans to fill the Ultimate Gauge, while Trunks in the backrow raises the speed in the first turn. When the gauge is full, place Trunks alone(!) in the Ultimate Slot and watch him half the master's life and defeat 2 or even 3 enemies at once. Repeat. It simply doesn't work if the enemy uses those Gokuu or Janemba figures that reduce your Ultimate Gauge by 15% at the end of the turn, preventing you from using an Ultimate ever.

My (improved) Team of the one in the video:

No. 120 Future Trunks Lv. Max/99 (but Lv. Max/60 works as well)
HP 4060
ATK 4370 (mine has + 100 by a dupe)
DEF 1570
SPD 5320
- More STM (when alone)
- Double ATK (when alone)
- Triple SPD (when alone)

N0. 87 Super Gohan Lv. Max/60
HP 4500
ATK 3200
ABW 2050 (mine has + 250 by dupes)
SPD 2100 (mine has + 400 by dupes)
- DEF Up (front row)
- More DEF (when second)
- SPD Up (front row)

N. 87 Super Gohan Lv. Max/60
TP 4500
ATK 3200
DEF 1800
SPD 2000 (mine has + 300 by dupes)
- More ATK (when second)
- More DEF when second)
- DEF Up (front row)

HP 6090
ATK 2740
DEF 1740 (mine has + 450 by dupes)
SPD 2120
- More UTG (turn 2)
- More DEF (always)
- DEF Up (front row)

HP 6090
ATK 2740
DEF 1590 (mine has + 300 by dupes)
SPD 2120
- More UTG (turn 3)
- Less UTG (turn 2)
- ATK Up (front row)

As I said: place Trunks first turn in the left backrow slot and both 87(!) Gohans in the middle and left frontrow so their 30% Gauge Boosts kick in (and the enemy should NOT place two figures in the same row as Trunks, because if he dies you lose, or figures that reduce your gauge at the end of the turn). In the second turn the gauge should already be full (if not, just repeat the first turn) and Trunks must me alone in the middle frontrow for his Ultimate Attack. Use the 87 Gohans (if they are still alive) again the their correct slots, otherwise resort to the 88 Gohans. (I mainly use those to prevent the enemy from filling his own gauge and slightly boost up my own). Using this strategy the game should be over in at least 4 turns (maybe more).
Sometimes you can also take the risk and place Trunks alone on the field if you think you hit an empty row, so he can finish the master quickly, but that depends on the enemy and his strategy, left over figures and HP (your master's and the enemy's) of course.

Hope I could help.
Thanks for the advice my man. Would you recommend using the No. 86 Gohan even though his skill only adds 20% to the ultimate gauge?

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Well, as shown in the video that Gt91 linked here, we can see that that guy also uses regular Gohans (meaning No. 85 and/or No. 86), but I'm not sure how much difference there'll be. I mean 20% is definitely less than 30%, so I went with the Supers in the first place. Might be worth a shot, but if that doesn't work it means you have to either pull Super Gohans from the machine or upgrade your regular ones into Supers.

Btw. I DO hope those Super Gohans get another upgrade later (Potential Unleashed Gohan with even higher UTG boosts and greater values in general would be awesome). I mean they're just SR's and most other figures had a better UR variant from the get-go or later added in with an update.

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:58 am

I finally beat Extreme Malice with my Strike-build Majin. Hands down the worst event in the game thanks to that grossly overpowered Golden Frieza. :x

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:24 am

Xaroc wrote:Well, as shown in the video that Gt91 linked here, we can see that that guy also uses regular Gohans (meaning No. 85 and/or No. 86), but I'm not sure how much difference there'll be. I mean 20% is definitely less than 30%, so I went with the Supers in the first place. Might be worth a shot, but if that doesn't work it means you have to either pull Super Gohans from the machine or upgrade your regular ones into Supers.

Btw. I DO hope those Super Gohans get another upgrade later (Potential Unleashed Gohan with even higher UTG boosts and greater values in general would be awesome). I mean they're just SR's and most other figures had a better UR variant from the get-go or later added in with an update.
I used 4 ssj gohan (two at lv 60 e two at lv.1 xD) to get 30% boost to ultimate attack and i won all the 7 star free battles. You should only boost trunks to lv 99 :)

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:41 am

Gt91 wrote:
Xaroc wrote:Well, as shown in the video that Gt91 linked here, we can see that that guy also uses regular Gohans (meaning No. 85 and/or No. 86), but I'm not sure how much difference there'll be. I mean 20% is definitely less than 30%, so I went with the Supers in the first place. Might be worth a shot, but if that doesn't work it means you have to either pull Super Gohans from the machine or upgrade your regular ones into Supers.

I used 4 ssj gohan (two at lv 60 e two at lv.1 xD) to get 30% boost to ultimate attack and i won all the 7 star free battles. You should only boost trunks to lv 99 :)
I won those too, but sometimes I had to restart the duels fights, because the enemy continued to play gauge decreasing cards figures to undermine my strategy. But I still want Potential Unleashed Gohan that boosts even more with better stats. Makes things even easier. Of course for offline grinding purposes only. I wouldn't use that strategy in online fights against other players (though I doubt that everyone in the world would be that generous).

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Xaroc wrote:
Gt91 wrote:

I won those too, but sometimes I had to restart the duels fights, because the enemy continued to play gauge decreasing cards figures to undermine my strategy. But I still want Potential Unleashed Gohan that boosts even more with better stats. Makes things even easier. Of course for offline grinding purposes only. I wouldn't use that strategy in online fights against other players (though I doubt that everyone in the world would be that generous).
I had problems too, expecially with broly and [spoiler]golden freezer[/spoiler].
In XV3 there will be al lot of new miniature, so we can expect ultimate gohan too :D

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:28 am

I finally beat Extreme Malice,all thanks to destructo disc and vanishing ball.

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:33 am

Xaroc wrote:
Gt91 wrote:

Trunks and 4 Gohans deck has helped me for the most part, but I can't get past Hit and Beerus in free battle. The SSJ Goku with the decrease effect just shuts down the whole strategy. Any ideas?

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:22 am

SSJFutureTrunks wrote:
Xaroc wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
Trunks and 4 Gohans deck has helped me for the most part, but I can't get past Hit and Beerus in free battle. The SSJ Goku with the decrease effect just shuts down the whole strategy. Any ideas?
Put Trunks in the middle front row alone on the first turn and hope the enemy places that Gokuu in that row. With a little luck you can take him out in the first round or he gets enough damaged that the enemy won't play him until he has no other figures anymore. Then return to the usual strategy. Oh and hope that Trunks won't be taken out. It's kind of a gamble, but it worked for me somehow.

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:38 pm

I can't beat Hit, I swear I'm losing my mind with this battle. It's the last thing I need to do for the trophy. He always place Goku in the first turn, I've restarted the fight at least 100 times and he never places Goku during the second turn. Is it really just luck with this stupid fight?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:44 pm

SSJFutureTrunks wrote:I can't beat Hit, I swear I'm losing my mind with this battle. It's the last thing I need to do for the trophy. He always place Goku in the first turn, I've restarted the fight at least 100 times and he never places Goku during the second turn. Is it really just luck with this stupid fight?
Having beaten them all Hit is one of the easier ones I've chosen to farm....

Have you got one of those UR piccolos?

I put Piccolo in the middle, Black on the right side, and A glass canon like super vegeta behind them.

You'll always kill someone on the right hand side.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:52 pm

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:17 pm

So don't really know if this is an off topic question but aparently it was said in Xenoverse 2 that Fuu was created artificially which i guess makes sense since both Mira and Towa are dead at the moment but who was the one to create him then??? i thought Dabura but didn't mention anything about him, like where did he come from??? and Fuu doesn't have any special quotes with his parents which apart from being disappointing makes me wonder if he is even aware of them. (note that i haven't played yet the DLC so i don't know if something beyond that was said but i don't want to spoil too much either)

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Image
Well, leaves me hopeful that we could see Mentor customization updated in such a fashion. Fingers crossed! Till then, guess it's time to work on Hero Colosseum

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:03 pm

Yeah! Bardock getting a figure! Finally! :clap: Hopefully he's a red/offensive figure, otherwise I'll have to change my entire deck, and hopefully Janemba becomes available too, I think he's going to be useful for me.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Hopefully this also means finally UR Potential Unleashed Gohan. And I hope that SR Final Form Cooler won't become an UR Metal Cooler when upgraded. Final Form is so much cooler than Metal.
And maybe there'll be Ginyu Force figures? I mean there's space enough in those decks. And next to Bardock there should also be the remaining Saiyajins: Radditz, Nappa and Tales.

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019