Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 01/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:46 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:Probably gonna get UI Goku and maybe Kefla if I can’t get the HG Kefla for a good price. Where did you buy them from? Yahoo Auctions? Mandarake?
Amazon JP actually. Basically the proxy I use don't charge for forwarding with Amazon and Rakuten, so all you pay extra past the base price is domestic then international delivery. Fortunately the sellers on this listing also offered free domestic delivery, since I have a bunch of other stuff to be shipped from the proxy's warehouse thought I'd add these to that shipment, they store items for you for up to 30 days so far I have 19 days left, a few items from the Ichiban Kuji waiting arrival (glasses and LO art board) and waiting for that Vegetto Blue next week and still debating on Cauli... Hope the price goes down a week.

The Ichiban Kuji UI Goku arrived fairly quick I was so desperate for it I shipped it off separately, probably would have saved on shipping if I had waited a bit. Patience what is it? Lol.

As for the HG Kafla. I luckily pre'd that way back in Oct mostly for the Omen Goku cuz I had a hunch about it. From what I've seen when the HG figures are just out they sell roughly for about ¥2500 each, though there are no individual packaging for the HG figures so it'll likely be sent loose. I had completely forgot about it until you mentioned it! Bandai will start shipping them out 22nd March so keep an eye out, for reference here's the Japanese text: HG ドラゴンボール超 力の大会クライマックス編

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Review Grandista Super Saiyan Rosé:

Sculptor: Unknown
Release date: February 2018

Wow. Wow. Wow. Banpresto listened to all my ranting in 2017... ! I could cry tears of joy, ha!

Packaging:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Standard Grandsita box, however the protection inside is a bit different as we have some plastic protection aswell as the standard bubble wrap.

On to the main Figure:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Coming in at 28cm this thing is huge! The gi has a lot of creases and love the way the bottom of the top gi floats slightly up it is a very nice touch. The back of figure the creases aren't symmetrical on both sides! Something small I know but again shows they took attention to detail! But what made me sequel with even more joy? This:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Dirt on the boots! It just gives the figure that extra nuance.

On the side this figure looks incredible!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is the default way I will position the figure, it just captures Black perfectly. The the hand without the time ring again the small details, the index finger is curved away from the two middle fingers!

Now on the main main part, the face and hair mould:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Perfection! Like the Shinretuzan figure the different shades of pink make their return and makes the figure pop that extra, but the best part... IT IS NOT F***KING SHINY CHEAP PLASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The plastic hair is what ruined the Z Grandista's imo here is a comparison:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

No more needs to be said! The hair feels and look great! Yes Banpresto THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :clap:

Cons:
Eh, only minor nitpick is the I feel is the head is slightly too low for my tastes and the base doesn't fit properly but the figure stands on it's own just fine.

Final thoughts and recommendation?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this release! 100% the best Black prize figure by far, absolutely beautiful. I highly highly highly highly recommend you guys get it asap before it goes up in price!

:thumbup:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:18 pm

Just out of curiosity since I doubt I have the money for it, where would be the best place to buy the Blueku/Jiren/Zen'ō set of the HG Real Figure line if I was interested?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:16 pm

And just as you make this review, the Grandista Rose sells out on AmiAmi (again). Hoping for a third restock but idk if that will happen. Maybe I’ll have to resort to using a proxy or eBay to get it. It looks really cool though. Kinda reminds me of the Master Stars Piece line back when that was going on

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:17 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Review Grandista Super Saiyan Rosé:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this release! 100% the best Black prize figure by far, absolutely beautiful. I highly highly highly highly recommend you guys get it asap before it goes up in price!

Damn that's a nice looking figure, I'm still waiting for mine to show up in my country otherwise I'll have to go Ebay. When are you gonna do a review of that IBK UI Goku mate?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:04 am

Anime Kitten wrote:Just out of curiosity since I doubt I have the money for it, where would be the best place to buy the Blueku/Jiren/Zen'ō set of the HG Real Figure line if I was interested?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Amazon JP but as you can see it's ¥10,000+ now. I fortunately managed to get mine for ~¥8000 (arrived last week haven't opened it yet). "Used" but it wasn't used but brand new! The price Bandai were selling it for was ¥6480 and despite getting a rare second shipment it hasn't made it easier to find.

I figured I'd jump on the 8k price before it went up even more and it has. Once these go so much above market it's not worth it.
SSGSS Goku wrote:And just as you make this review, the Grandista Rose sells out on AmiAmi (again). Hoping for a third restock but idk if that will happen. Maybe I’ll have to resort to using a proxy or eBay to get it. It looks really cool though. Kinda reminds me of the Master Stars Piece line back when that was going on
Oh man these are so much better than the MSP line! The MSP line was basically all about height and less on detail.

The Ichiban Kuji Super MSP line however is pretty great and we're getting another DBS one... SS4 Goku is August... The first one was Namek SS Goku the second SS Cell arc outfit Vegeta. ¥5000 in Japan for the IBK ticket you're guaranteed a figure but the lottery is the colour scheme. So I may hold off on the FES SS4 Goku and wait to see what the SMSP one looks like. Yamashita's Goku was great but his Vegeta wasn't imo, so I'm kinda cautious.

As for the RoS Black I think Crunchyroll have a listing but I've never used them:
https://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/200 ... Ball-Super

SuperNingenGod wrote: Damn that's a nice looking figure, I'm still waiting for mine to show up in my country otherwise I'll have to go Ebay. When are you gonna do a review of that IBK UI Goku mate?
As soon as it arrives! No snow delays anymore so hopefully as early as Saturday but probably looking early next week.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:50 am

Alright, can't wait to see it!

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:53 am

AmiAmi just got more stock in for RoS Rose Goku Black so I just ordered that http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... URE-034024

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:27 am

So Japanese sites are listing pre's for July figures. Everything is standard price until we get to the WCD:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Pre's for the entire set are being listing at ¥4000-4500 with also separate listings for only Goku & Black for ¥1800 (no separate listings for the other two). In other words the Vegetto vs Zamasu looks to be the "chase" of the set... If amiami or TOM have them separate I'd recommend to pre order them just in case.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:31 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So Japanese sites are listing pre's for July figures. Everything is standard price until we get to the WCD:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Pre's for the entire set are being listing at ¥4000-4500 with also separate listings for only Goku & Black for ¥1800 (no separate listings for the other two). In other words the Vegetto vs Zamasu looks to be the "chase" of the set... If amiami or TOM have them separate I'd recommend to pre order them just in case.
Are these just WCFs with a base attached?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:37 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So Japanese sites are listing pre's for July figures. Everything is standard price until we get to the WCD:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Basically lol. They've been rebranded as "World Collectable Diorama"*

Also Goku and Black doesn't make sense, shouldn't it be Trunks? As that's Black's entrance? But I guess they gotta have a SSGSS Goku somehow!

Edit-*
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:39 am

TOM has them for preorder (both separately and as a set) for about $8 each resulting in the full set at $32 (shipping not included). AmiAmi also has the full set but no separate listings
https://otakumode.com/shop/5a9ca106d008 ... ivc=70058d
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... URE-037893

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:56 am

I managed to snag the UDM UI Goku art sheet too:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Still trying to hunt Caulifla... Cheapest so far is ¥1500 on Yahoo Auc but ¥220 domestic shipping (which ain't bad) but then ¥500 extra in Yahoo Auct fee's. So I'm waiting for her to pop up on Amazon or Rakuten, still got 14 days left to find her, so no rush I guess.

It would be so much more useful if ami or TOM shipped to the UK lol.

Edit- Didn't realise but we hit 20 pages on the thread! Nice! :)

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:57 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Basically lol. They've been rebranded as "World Collectable Diorama"*

Also Goku and Black doesn't make sense, shouldn't it be Trunks? As that's Black's entrance? But I guess they gotta have a SSGSS Goku somehow!

Edit-*
Another Goku isn't surprising. At least he was in that arc and played a significant part. Could have been another Broly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:17 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I managed to snag the UDM UI Goku art sheet too:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Still trying to hunt Caulifla... Cheapest so far is ¥1500 on Yahoo Auc but ¥220 domestic shipping (which ain't bad) but then ¥500 extra in Yahoo Auct fee's. So I'm waiting for her to pop up on Amazon or Rakuten, still got 14 days left to find her, so no rush I guess.

It would be so much more useful if ami or TOM shipped to the UK lol.

Edit- Didn't realise but we hit 20 pages on the thread! Nice! :)
Aye!!! Yeah. AmiAmi usually ships worldwide but it sucks that Banpresto is kinda restricting it to North America when it comes to their official online retailers. (AmiAmi, TOM and Crunchyroll) They used to sell stuff officially on Amazon but they don’t do that anymore. By the way, is there a list of all the statues Varoq has done? Kinda interested in his work

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:14 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote: Aye!!! Yeah. AmiAmi usually ships worldwide but it sucks that Banpresto is kinda restricting it to North America when it comes to their official online retailers. (AmiAmi, TOM and Crunchyroll) They used to sell stuff officially on Amazon but they don’t do that anymore. By the way, is there a list of all the statues Varoq has done? Kinda interested in his work
Yeah I mean ever since I found out I can pre order via proxy it's not bad but instances like the WCFs when you don't pre order it's a mad scramble lol. The only other problem is the proxy requires to pay the charge 1 aka base value for the pre order immediately. So I can't go crazy on my pre's basically.

As for Varoq:

His SCultures 4 Trunks (Manga colours):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

SCultures 5 Raditz:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

SCultures 6 SS2 Goku (actually ordered this a few weeks ago off eBay should be here any day):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
BWFC (Basically SCultures 8 but got renamed) Winning SS Trunks:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

This June:
BWFC Special:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Match Makers FP Freeza vs Battle Damaged SS Goku:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

First time he's doing a non SCultures/BWFC line of figures. He's freelance so not tied to Banpresto but this bodes well for the future hopefully they give him more and more stuff. He's essentially the sculpting equivalent of Takahashi :lol:

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:18 pm

His stuff looks really well done! Really want the Raditz but (at least on eBay) it’s really expensive. Haven’t checked Yahoo Auctions or Mandarake yet though. And is Varoq doing all of the Match Maker figures or just the Goku and Freeza?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:43 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:His stuff looks really well done! Really want the Raditz but (at least on eBay) it’s really expensive. Haven’t checked Yahoo Auctions or Mandarake yet though. And is Varoq doing all of the Match Maker figures or just the Goku and Freeza?
So far he just tweeted he's just doing the Goku and Freeza.

SCulture 5's are in general hard to find now (except Vegeta and Cell) especially the winning Bardock and Goku sculpts.

I just hope we don't lose him to OP, we lost KOZO to that and Varoq decided to do OP for SCultures 7, luckily he came back and now he's won a BWFC with DB hopefully sticks around with DB.

He said he made Freeza to be seen from various angles. He also replied to a fan DB is love so that's promising he'll stick around!

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:12 pm

Awesome! I luckily managed to get that Bardock statue before it rose in price. Back on the topic of Super merch though, I’m really hoping we can get something from Varoq or Nakazawa in terms of a statue from the upcoming Super movie.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:17 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:Awesome! I luckily managed to get that Bardock statue before it rose in price. Back on the topic of Super merch though, I’m really hoping we can get something from Varoq or Nakazawa in terms of a statue from the upcoming Super movie.
Nakazawa is 99% certain, he is basically the Yamamuro of sculpting if Yamamuro was still like his old self, Nakazawa is great and they always get him for big things (he did all the ResF stuff for example) and always plaster his name whenever he does something haha.