"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:17 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Hope the ToP won't be rushed. Seriously.
I'm thinking it wont now cause of the haidus of super and the movie coming out in December

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:27 pm

until December Toyotaro can draw 10 chapters of TOP. I don't think it will last that long, but I think at least 2 volumes will be TOP. So I say 8 chapters of tournament, 1 chapter after tournament and then he'll start the movie adaptation.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:21 pm

I guess dbs manga top should last until December 21 (minimum ) and show a tease of the movie in that chapter or later.
That means 10 chapter to get rid of 74 universe warriors ... I guess it’s possible if next chapter has 10 eliminations or more
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:43 pm

I don't really see the arc lasting till December. I think October is the furthest the arc will go, with one chapter coming out prior to the movie setting up the plot and teasing it's story, much like the RoF chapters, then for the next couple of months, probably March of next year, have the new arc end. Since the plot is tailored for a movie, I can't imagine there can be too much of it to drag for more than 4 full-length chapters.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Draconic wrote:I don't really see the arc lasting till December. I think October is the furthest the arc will go, with one chapter coming out prior to the movie setting up the plot and teasing it's story, much like the RoF chapters, then for the next couple of months, probably March of next year, have the new arc end. Since the plot is tailored for a movie, I can't imagine there can be too much of it to drag for more than 4 full-length chapters.
Why do you guys keep thinking Toyotaro will want to end the Tournament of Power Arc so fast just to adapt the movie? He kept going with the Future Trunks Arc when the anime was already doing the ToP Arc.

IF anything, it'd be better if he dragged the ToP further without rushing it, whilst at the same time giving us breathing room for his adaptation of the new movie (if he is doing an adaptation in the first place.)

10 chapters of Tournament of Power would be terrible..

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:53 pm

This will probably sound unintelligent, but I can't help but think the Super manga will end with the Tournament of Power, just like the anime. When I first read Toriyama's statement, my first thought was that he meant the manga isn't ending with the anime and that its developments will differ from the anime. With regard to his stating development in the manga will differ from the movie(s), my first thought was how Battle of Gods in the manga differed from the movie in that the setting was different, Gokū didn't fight Beerus as a SSJ1 after fighting him as a SSJ Red, etc. The idea of the manga adapting the upcoming film didn't even cross my mind until others mentioned it here.

Maybe I'm just trying not to get my hopes too high for an extended manga run just to be let down, but I have a hard time believing the manga will continue past the anime's conclusion.

On an unrelated note, I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone say "TORIYAMA SAID THE MOVIE FOLLOWS UP THE ANIME SO THAT MEANS THE ANIME IS CANON AND THE MANGA IS NON-CANON LIKE GT" or anything like that. I think I'm going to regret pointing this out...
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:04 pm

I'm 100% sure the next chapter will end with a Universe erasure.
Now, it was said that Toriyama decided U7's eliminations, but nothing was stated about the Universes' erasure.

No doubt that it'll be either U9 or U10.

I'm going with Universe 9, as Toyotaro was drawing the Trio de Danger some weeks ago, and since the manga version is sooo much fuster than the anime, I don't really think they'll survive.

Let's see.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Exline wrote:
Draconic wrote:I don't really see the arc lasting till December. I think October is the furthest the arc will go, with one chapter coming out prior to the movie setting up the plot and teasing it's story, much like the RoF chapters, then for the next couple of months, probably March of next year, have the new arc end. Since the plot is tailored for a movie, I can't imagine there can be too much of it to drag for more than 4 full-length chapters.
Why do you guys keep thinking Toyotaro will want to end the Tournament of Power Arc so fast just to adapt the movie? He kept going with the Future Trunks Arc when the anime was already doing the ToP Arc.

IF anything, it'd be better if he dragged the ToP further without rushing it, whilst at the same time giving us breathing room for his adaptation of the new movie (if he is doing an adaptation in the first place.)

That's fast? :wtf: Unlike the Black arc, there's not a lot of actual story here. From here on out it's fighting fighting fighting. And since the eliminations of the U7 members are predetermined, there's not a lot of twists that can happen there either, since what Toriyama wrote for them seems pretty basic. Once fodder starts going down, as it kind of already has, the big players will start taking their time in the light and from then it's just getting to the finish line. Depending on how you want to go about this, you can finish the actual Tournament of Power in 4 chapters.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Exline wrote:

It would not be fast. Black arc was the longest so far and it lasted for 3 volumes. This arc already has an volume + 3 chapters. I am sure the tournament will last at least 8 chapters so it will make it the longest arc in the manga.

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:11 pm

Draconic wrote:
Exline wrote:

That's fast? :wtf: Unlike the Black arc, there's not a lot of actual story here. From here on out it's fighting fighting fighting. And since the eliminations of the U7 members are predetermined, there's not a lot of twists that can happen there either, since what Toriyama wrote for them seems pretty basic. Once fodder starts going down, as it kind of already has, the big players will start taking their time in the light and from then it's just getting to the finish line. Depending on how you want to go about this, you can finish the actual Tournament of Power in 4 chapters.
Wouldn't you feel unsatisfied if it was that short? I may be over exaggerating about 10 chapters rushing the ToP, but the more content the better imo. At least 12 more chapters of more ToP.

With 80 Fighters (74 Left now), there are so many things that can be done to make the arc more interesting. Strategies, tactics, never before seen techniques etc. shit we want to see besides just mindless fighting. Improve upon what the anime failed to do. I also feel the ToP in the anime needed more time to flesh out the characters, I don't think I'm the only one who feels the same.

And I'm not sure but I thought Toriyamas outline for how Universe 7 does in the Tournament wasn't used because it was part of an older draft? Correct me if I'm wrong.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:48 am

Exline wrote:
Draconic wrote:
Exline wrote:

Wouldn't you feel unsatisfied if it was that short? I may be over exaggerating about 10 chapters rushing the ToP, but the more content the better imo. At least 12 more chapters of more ToP.

With 80 Fighters (74 Left now), there are so many things that can be done to make the arc more interesting. Strategies, tactics, never before seen techniques etc. shit we want to see besides just mindless fighting. Improve upon what the anime failed to do. I also feel the ToP in the anime needed more time to flesh out the characters, I don't think I'm the only one who feels the same.

And I'm not sure but I thought Toriyamas outline for how Universe 7 does in the Tournament wasn't used because it was part of an older draft? Correct me if I'm wrong.
10 45 page chapters is more than enough tbh

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:13 pm

OLKv3 wrote:10 45 page chapters is more than enough tbh
Mmmmmm 450 pages / 74 fighters = 6 pages per elimination ...
I only can see that scenario if massive eliminations happen like broly kale ringing out 12 at a time or things like that

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:34 pm

I've really grown to distaste how now when I read the manga, I always expect like five episodes to be one chapter. There's this belief that by Chapter 37, we're probably going to be at when Ultra Instinct first shows up. I understand wanting to see a film adaptation but this tournament just started.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:55 pm

SSJ Human wrote:I've really grown to distaste how now when I read the manga, I always expect like five episodes to be one chapter. There's this belief that by Chapter 37, we're probably going to be at when Ultra Instinct first shows up. I understand wanting to see a film adaptation but this tournament just started.
Somebody in th past made those calculations about how many tv episodes equals 1 manga chapter .I believe it was a relation around 2.5. ... so if last manga chapter was the related to episode 98.... there’s is 33 episodes to cover .. in a normal pace that can make 12 manga chapters easy

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:50 pm

Can't wait for the next chapter.
We still need to see the humans, Gohan and Piccolo in action, I just hope Toyotarõ doesn't quickly get rid of them with Frost even if it makes sense from a storyline perspective. It might be last hurrah these characters get. Although someone has to be the first to go.

Please give me some non-Universe 7 induced eliminations. I don't mind them eliminating 60% of the field but 90% or something like that is silly.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Don't know how accurate it is but apparently volume 5 sold more than 2 million.
https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/974 ... 87200?s=20
Edit:I just made a slight mistake of 1000%.Still,a good number.
Last edited by Hawk9211 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:01 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:Don't know how accurate it is but apparently volume 5 sold more than 2 million.
https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/974 ... 87200?s=20
You probably read the number wrong, it's not 2 milion but 200k.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:39 am

Chapter 34 Scans / Pages:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Riczi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Riczi » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:42 am

Liquir wrote:Chapter 34 Scans / Pages:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Oh
[spoiler]Uni9 said goodbye, Frost, Dr Rota, Kuririn and Tenshinhan have also fallen from the arena...[/spoiler]

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:50 am

Really like the way the World of Void is drawn.