Ideas for post-Super arcs

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Ideas for post-Super arcs

Post by ernesth100 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:36 am

I think that God Of Destruction Tournament is a fun idea. I'd love to see how Goku and Vegeta match up against them now. Vegeta and Goku got the beat down of their life in this tournament, so a few years after and another timeskip they should be Beerus level maybe higher. Heck after Vegeta disseminated Toppo I'm pretty sure it's safe to say him and Goku could give a GoD a good round or two.

Vegeta NEEDS his Planet Sadala Arc. That's a must on the top of the list. I don't even wanna predict for it I just have to see it happen.

A Rogue Angel has been predicted time and time again but they've never been fufilled. A rogue Angel would be a demon. Maybe a demon would be disguised as an Angel but later reveal it's true nature later in the arc.

U6 and 7 needs more arcs together we need something with Hit. I don't know what but I wanna see more of him. Perhaps he trains one of the charcters in his assassination techniques.

Gohan needs an arc to regain his power. I understand he likes books and has a family and what not. But he said he'd achieve a new form, I wanna see it.

Also I'm partially indifferent to the idea of Jiren returning. While he's strong and cool and all he's ultimately just a wall Goku and co. needed to overcome and will likely never run into again.

And last but not least we absolutely must have a conclusion where Goku and Vegeta reach the status of the strongest or as strong as they logically wanna be and become something greater.(Maybe a new position working for the Angels? Zeno? GoD?)

After all of this is resolved we need another series where the shift the focus like Boruto tried to do. With Gohan training Goten and Trunks to be stronger after reaching his new level. Uub being chosen to train with Goku. Whole new spin on the franchise. But better y'know.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:39 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Saturnine wrote:Weeeeeellll, the problem is that it kinda does. Super and GT for instance cannot co-occur, and one has to take precedence over the other (and we're led to believe it's Super). Likewise, games are for the most part what-if stories that never really happened in the main show's timeline. The primary canon is the DB manga and Super (manga and anime equally, supposedly).
That's your headcanon though, it hasn't been stated to be that case anywhere.
If you believe an irrelavent past series that has been ignored, only being used in video games and merchandise, yet having no relevance towards the series main story once so ever has more precedence than the current series that's continuing and pushing the story with future arc after future arc, idk what to tell you lad.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:59 pm

Ilikepictures-meh wrote:If you believe an irrelavent past series that has been ignored, only being used in video games and merchandise, yet having no relevance towards the series main story once so ever has more precedence than the current series that's continuing and pushing the story with future arc after future arc, idk what to tell you lad.
But you really don't know what to tell me. Because what you just wrote makes no sense, I never said Dragon Ball GT has more precedence than anything. :eh:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Angel rebellion / rogue angel sounds good to me :thumbup:

Also gimme my damn makaioshins!

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Freeza wishes for a Time Ring and goes back in time to exterminate the Saiyans, fights the original Super Saiyan God in an extremely epic struggle, eventually wins, Time Patroller shenanigans ensue!
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:04 am

I think that the Namek Saga is a perfect example of how to feature and develop supporting characters: by shifting the focus away from Goku. I wouldn't mind a future arc with, let's say, Vegeta Gohan and Piccolo struggling to fight against stronger enemies and Goku showing up only towards the middle of the arc.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:13 am

Grimlock wrote:
Saturnine wrote:Weeeeeellll, the problem is that it kinda does. Super and GT for instance cannot co-occur, and one has to take precedence over the other (and we're led to believe it's Super). Likewise, games are for the most part what-if stories that never really happened in the main show's timeline. The primary canon is the DB manga and Super (manga and anime equally, supposedly).
That's your headcanon though, it hasn't been stated to be that case anywhere.
The sun was nowhere stated to be yellow, yet we csn observe that it is. Catch my drift? There are clearly parts even of the anime that are sanctioned more than others are. Super for example entirely ignored Freeza's portrayal in hell from Z fillers. And rightfully so, because that was filler and had nothing to do with Toriyama's vision (in fact it went explicitly against it with Freeza and the others keeping their bodies etc). Things have happened in Super that make the events of GT explicitly impossible to happen in the main timeline, which is Z + Super. There is a definite concept of canonicity in the series, even if it's implicit and not flat out stated. Ever heard of unwritten rules? In this case it's even more baffling that you would deny it, since we have a clear cut criterion by which to judge, which is Toriyama's direct involvement in both writing and approving the series.

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:22 am

I would like to see an arc completely dedicated to Future Trunks post Goku Black — Hell, I want an entire series revolving around his life post Goku Black. I don't want any Time Patroller shenanigans though.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:54 am

Remember when the Grand Priest was stated by Whis as One of the Strongest person in all the universes? So if excluding Zeno's bodyguards and Zeno himself, we might have GP's older sister, brother, lover or arch rival contending for the ultimate strongest and act as the next villain? That'll stretch a long arc power scaling wise as Goku and Vegeta would have to learn Angel Ki, surpass the strongest GoDs, Angels and finally reaching GP level in order to fight the final villain. Of course all these would have strong connection with Frieza's ToP wishes as he wished to be in control of the Zenos and GP, unleashing the imprisoned GP's arch rival to do his evil deeds and ultimately causing some kind of civil war.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:35 pm

An arc featuring Planet Sadala coming under attack from Frost's rebuilt empire as revenge for Cabba outing his ture exploits as space pirate and war profiteer would be nice.

Anything covering the Makaioshin's would be golden for me. There's so much you could do with that.

I also wouldn't mind the idea of Trunks and his Time Patrol duties in DBO and DBXV migrating into Super and being expanded on more.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:11 pm

Also an arc I forgot to mention was Android 21. No stupid link system, but I want them to flesh her out more and potentially bring back some villains like Cell and whatnot.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:07 am

Aside from the movie and the Peaceful World miniarc (if you go by the Wikia which some people unfortunately still do, then that miniarc is a miniarc), there's already four arcs confirmed for post-Super's events;

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:15 am

ernesth100 wrote:Vegeta NEEDS his Planet Sadala Arc. That's a must on the top of the list. I don't even wanna predict for it I just have to see it happen.
Sadal has come up too many tims for it not to happen, it being a Vegeta arc isn't as likely though.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:58 am

shadowmaria wrote:Aside from the movie and the Peaceful World miniarc (if you go by the Wikia which some people unfortunately still do, then that miniarc is a miniarc), there's already four arcs confirmed for post-Super's events;

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
If you get the Pilaf gang to age into senescence in ~ 9 years, Supreme Kai to fuse with Kibito again (which he's quite loathe to do) and ignore the fact that Goku and Vegeta could now completely body any villain that ever appeared in GT and yet they struggled with all of them, then you'll be right I guess.

Sorry brah, but GT relied on the assumption that nothing of note happened between the defeat of Buu and ita beginning. Super not only changed that, but it even did several quite arbitrary things that would make the events of GT highly implausible at best.

TajinRice

Post by TajinRice » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:45 am

Think the series needs to shelve Goku. Like Z would do for awhile. Let the other characters get some growth. Maaybe the TOP made an impression on Piccolo,Krillin and Tien. And they have the urge to seek new training. Beerus grateful and impressed with these fighters. He decides Whis can train them because they have great potential to be even better guardians and protectors for U7. Not saying they get new forms. But a decent enough increase plot wise that they can keep up and participate in future arcs.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:41 am

TajinRice wrote:Think the series needs to shelve Goku. Like Z would do for awhile. Let the other characters get some growth. Maaybe the TOP made an impression on Piccolo,Krillin and Tien. And they have the urge to seek new training. Beerus grateful and impressed with these fighters. He decides Whis can train them because they have great potential to be even better guardians and protectors for U7. Not saying they get new forms. But a decent enough increase plot wise that they can keep up and participate in future arcs.
As much as some of us would like that, getting training from Whis is only one step in their hope of being competitive again. Piccolo and the earthlings need some means for counterbalancing the bloated roster of transformations that the Saiyans have. Kaioken is the most obvious and criminally unexplored solution to this dilemma. Elder Kaioshin giving them "Ultimate" status might elevate them as well. If you give them those tools then they might very well be capable of surpassing the blues forms and making some headway against SSJBE and SSJB with Kaioken. Otherwise, you might be looking at a Saiyan arc type situation where they're disposable pawns to be sacrificed early on instead of knights, bishops and rooks.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:56 am

Saturnine wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:Aside from the movie and the Peaceful World miniarc (if you go by the Wikia which some people unfortunately still do, then that miniarc is a miniarc), there's already four arcs confirmed for post-Super's events;

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
If you get the Pilaf gang to age into senescence in ~ 9 years Dragon Balls, Supreme Kai to fuse with Kibito again (which he's quite loathe to do) magic and ignore the fact that Goku and Vegeta could now completely body any villain that ever appeared in GT we don't actually know this as fact, only fan assumption and yet they struggled with all of them, then you'll be right I guess.

Sorry brah, but GT relied on the assumption that nothing of note happened between the defeat of Buu and ita beginning. Super not only changed that, but it even did several quite arbitrary things that would make the events of GT highly implausible at best.
Anyway, I was literally just trolling. We don't know how Super will end, or how the movie will affect things, or any future media.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:41 am

Have the place where the Supreme Kai of Time (Power of Time Unleashed) and the now young Makaiōshin, Mechikabura, had been banished to be right in the middle of the battle between the unexpected, but only temporary alliance of the Time Patrol and the Dark Empire of Super Dragon Ball Heroes with Craig Skistimas and his ScrewAttack Entertainment LLC whom had escaped from the real world and met up with their Dragon Ball Super counterparts of Toppo and his equally eccentric Pride Troopers respectively before they would have gone to war with the Time Patrollers led by their prodigal badass De Facto Leader, Xeno Trunks, and the Dark Empire led by their brilliantly beautiful De Facto Leader, Demon Goddess Towa, with the setting being among the ruins of the Planet Netfiss.

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:43 am

I'm not sure any more time alteration in the db universe is necessarry.

TajinRice

Post by TajinRice » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:43 pm

Lionel wrote:
TajinRice wrote:Think the series needs to shelve Goku. Like Z would do for awhile. Let the other characters get some growth. Maaybe the TOP made an impression on Piccolo,Krillin and Tien. And they have the urge to seek new training. Beerus grateful and impressed with these fighters. He decides Whis can train them because they have great potential to be even better guardians and protectors for U7. Not saying they get new forms. But a decent enough increase plot wise that they can keep up and participate in future arcs.
As much as some of us would like that, getting training from Whis is only one step in their hope of being competitive again. Piccolo and the earthlings need some means for counterbalancing the bloated roster of transformations that the Saiyans have. Kaioken is the most obvious and criminally unexplored solution to this dilemma. Elder Kaioshin giving them "Ultimate" status might elevate them as well. If you give them those tools then they might very well be capable of surpassing the blues forms and making some headway against SSJBE and SSJB with Kaioken. Otherwise, you might be looking at a Saiyan arc type situation where they're disposable pawns to be sacrificed early on instead of knights, bishops and rooks.
Great ideas that will make DB far more interesting.