Super Episode 130 (18 March 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Re: Super Episode 130 (18 March 2018)

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:19 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:THIS HAS TO BE IN THE TOP 3 DB EPISODE OF ALL TIME

Seriously animation wise nothing comes close.

Also it had extreme drama, great storytelling... shocks, twists...

And BLOOD

TOEI has delivered when it had to....

WHAT A FUCKING SPECTACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where did you spot blood? Because I must have missed It . . .
The first hit by Goku in the episode on Jiren's face

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:19 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Loved that little moment where Toppo finally realised that Goku might just not be the villain that he thought he was. I was afraid that Toei weren't going to go back to that.
A part of me thought Toppo was going to jump In and stop Jirens attack, because of the concern and realization of Goku's actions.

8bitdee
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 8bitdee » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:20 pm

Doctor. wrote:
8bitdee wrote:No, they could have not done anything interesting with him in the last two episodes. Complaining that NOW Jiren has been ruined is just nonsense. He was ruined long before today.
I'm not complaining that he's been ruined NOW. I'm claiming that now he's even WORSE. I don't see how this is hard to understand nor do I see why you're arguing against me if you agree Jiren is terrible.
I don't think he's worse. He's the same, really. It was already cemented episodes ago that his superhero persona is just a facade, and in fact doesn't really care about anyone but himself. His reactions in this episode are consistent with someone who's selfish and looks down on people. This episode didn't add anything new to his character that hadn't been presented before.
Last edited by 8bitdee on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:20 pm

Big fight that I enjoyed, and a great episode.

And lol at the people whining at the episode. I swear, its like they watch it just to whine.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:22 pm

8bitdee wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
8bitdee wrote:No, they could have not done anything interesting with him in the last two episodes. Complaining that NOW Jiren has been ruined is just nonsense. He was ruined long before today.
I'm not complaining that he's been ruined NOW. I'm claiming that now he's even WORSE. I don't see how this is hard to understand nor do I see why you're arguing against me if you agree Jiren is terrible.
I don't think he's worse. He's the same, really. It was already cemented episodes ago that his superhero persona is just a facade, and in fact doesn't really care about anyone but himself. His reactions in this episode are consistent with someone who's selfish and looks down on people. This episode didn't add anything new to his character that hadn't been presented before.
There's a difference between being kind of a dick like he was portrayed to be up to this point and full-on psychopathic murderer.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:22 pm

The superhero jiren thing was manga only. Seriously where in the anime have they ever built him to be a superhero? IS that cause he's part of the pride troopers? You guys are taking chapter 30 of the manga and acting like anime jiren is going against that

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:23 pm

What a beautifully animated episode!

The fierce way Gokû was animated in reaction to Jiren trying to ki blast kill Team 7!

I also started aha pointing at the screen when 17 re-appeared. Happy he's alive after all.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:23 pm

Jesus what a roller coaster of emotions this episode was, expectations completely blown out of the water. First off as far as art and animations go this is bar none the best in super up to this point. The first few minutes had some rough patches with Jiren, but when it picks up, boy does it pick up! Guys, I literally had to pause Crunchyroll when it looked like Goku got shot from behind when his UI ran out. I was bugging out thinking Freeza had shot him and was fixated on why he would attempt something so stupid, good thing that was proven wrong lol. I wasn't necessarily happy with Goku trying to heal Jiren, but it's Goku so that's to be expected. I do wish Goku's ass got blown out of the ring though, I feel it makes the stakes less dire for Freeza and 17 seeing as Goku has the energy to move around in NEP. I'm a bit mixed on 17 surviving, I just feel it adds unnecessary padding to an already bloat conclusion, although admittedly I am a fan of Freeza and 17's teamwork. Color me impressed, they managed to make this tourney more unpredictable then I expected, I'm just wondering with all the new elements added to the match how they're gonna wrap this up in one episode, do I smell a cliffhanger ending? Overall 8.5-10 a major improvement from the last few episodes.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:24 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:THIS HAS TO BE IN THE TOP 3 DB EPISODE OF ALL TIME

Seriously animation wise nothing comes close.

Also it had extreme drama, great storytelling... shocks, twists...

And BLOOD

TOEI has delivered when it had to....

WHAT A FUCKING SPECTACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where did you spot blood? Because I must have missed It . . .
The first hit by Goku in the episode on Jiren's face
Oh, that little scratch. Why didn't all their punches and kicks cause that?
Pity, for the power measure being so godly, the overall blood wasn't dialed up to this degree

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by HybridSaiyan on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:24 pm

17 still being alive was something I predicted and feared. Death cop-outs are almost always stupid, and it's stupid here. Also stupid was them ignoring Freeza and hoping the audience would think he was dead, but everyone and their grandmother knew from the beginning that he would be back about this time. Also, I love Nozawa, but her screams were so weak and strained here. It's so sad that her age seems to be catching up with her.

The animation was tops, but that alone won't make it a good show.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:25 pm

Huge dbs doubter here.. and I mean huge.

But this episode. It was fantastic! Forget about how it compares to other greats. This one is in the conversation from this day until the end of the series.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:35 pm

A fun episode with great visual and average story idk but the power of friendship don't sit well with me after watching DB-DBZ and now this.
    Jiren is lame no suprise and #17 revival was predictable and it render his sacrifice pointless,i wish they killed him off.
      I had fun with the animation and direction of this but the narrative kinda fell flat to me but it isn't the worst episode by any means.Also Goku screams were a little off here.
      Last edited by The gr on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      Mostly active on discord.

The_Destroyer
      Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:35 pm

Fuck Android 17. It pisses me off that how forced he’s been. That sacrifice scene was perfect, but nope, merchandise.

Miracles
      I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:37 pm

Turambar wrote:..........and that is why Dragon Ball is the best Shounen anime of all time.
      *Raises glass*

Here's to good taste!

jeffbr92
      Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:39 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:The animation was tops, but that alone won't make it a good show.
      The definition of this episode and probably the entirety of Super.
      Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

sintzu
      Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:43 pm

Hands down the best DB and Goku episode ever made. Everything from the production to writing was perfect. I'm really happy that Goku didn't really lose to Jiren but it was just UI putting its effect on him.
      July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lum-Chan~

Post by Lum-Chan~ » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:46 pm

Now that the episode has aired can I have a genuine argument from the people who took the spoilers at face value even though 131 was really ambiguous on why you thought that the arc the centered on teamwork and the power of friendship would end with the powerup that came from teamwork and the power of friendship not being good enough and there was no way he'd lose by something like MUI running out which a lot of us guessed from the beginning?

You don't have to because he didn't even get rung out like a lot of us guessed but...doesn't click to me.
      "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent, I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good, nightmare to you!" - Goku

Hyena_Yamcha
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:48 pm

Am i the only one who's bothered with them not mentioning Yamcha at all in this episode ?
      My English is poor .

Jackalope89
      Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:51 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:Am i the only one who's bothered with them not mentioning Yamcha at all in this episode ?
      Possibly. But I think Yamcha is about the only one to not really push Goku further. I mean, a really hungry Goku beat him before even training with Roshi.

Extreme_kai
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:53 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I was actually hoping for Frieza to have been the one to incapacitate Goku at the end, if only to firmly cement his place as a villain. I really, really, REALLY don't like the direction they're heading with that character.
      I hear you, I don't want him to be "good" either but, I don't think it would have been smart for him to do that at that point. After all Freeza's beam would do nothing to a fully powered UI Goku unless he specifically timed it when he lost it. Freeza would still have to contend with Jiren, who despite being weakened is vastly stronger than him. I don't think Freeza's ever going to be good he's just biding his time, playing it smart and fighting for his own survival.