Regardless of quality, Are you going to miss Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Regardless of quality, Are you going to miss Super?

Post by Dragono » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:49 pm

This anime/manga was not perfect and it was deeply flawed but it was new dragon ball material and I felt like a kid again.

What about you?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: Regardless of quality, Are you going to miss Super?

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:53 pm

Yep. I enjoyed it. Flawed it may be, I still enjoyed it.

Dragon Ball and DBZ were also flawed (and had their fair share of animation goofs), but I also enjoyed them.

Acetona
Beyond Newbie

Post by Acetona » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:00 pm

Tbh, no. It's being a chore in the last months, I haven't enjoying it consistently since the first half of the 1 hour special...
キミもテイマーをめざせ!

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Making a long story short on the Bad parts I had Many Problems with the Out of character writing of some characters, the conhesness of the story, writing's terrible handing of power levels and allot of the aspects of the way the story was written in the later 2/3 was highly questionable.

Also with how fans reacted to some aspects of the show and some characters was to much at times and we needed to calm down.

While I am glad to be taking a Break in a way from the show, I also feel sad it will not continue in the development of characters that I want to see get more development and that makes me miss it the most. :cry:

I hope for a New Series that Brings them back, Brianne/Ribrianne, Sanka Ku/Kakunsa, Su Roas/Rozie, U2, Caulifla, Kale and others cause IMO they are my driving for as a fan of this series now!

But I am appropriate of the series existing and giving me these characters. They Re-sparked my liking of DB to a degree and more importantly the Fireballs and Ribrianne/Brianne has Re-Sparked GREATLY my Love of Magical Girls that I Thank the Show Allot for! :thumbup: :D

So indeed while their where problems, their was Much more Good then Bad that come from all of this and I am a Better Person and Fan thanks to all of it!
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:15 pm

Honestly? Yeah. DB was never a powerhouse in narrative, but usually gave us cool characters and powers, Goku Black and Super Saiyan God being two examples. It sure had flaws and I did have personal gripes with it, especially in the ToP, but overall I can say I enjoyed it. I'll look forward to the movie, if anything. What I won't miss tho, is the endless SSj4xGod/Blue/UI debate which gets progressively more ridiculous over time.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:16 pm

On one hand, I'm going to miss the shared experience of seeing weekly DBS fan-art/comics and video uploads by other fans and creating and sharing my own fan-art/comics.

On the other hand; huzzah I'm free from the weekly grind and can finally work on my own schedule again meaning stuff like full color comics can once again become a thing and I'll have more control over plot-related stuff! Though how much I guess depends on how episode 131 wraps up and just how much more info about the movie plot we get on the 25th and if we do, how interesting the movie plot seems to me in terms of theorizing. I've got at least 2 possible story-lines in my head and what I do next depends a lot on the content of Super 131 and whatever's in the movie teaser that presumably appears after the credits.

But yes, DBS has become part of my weekend these past couple years; Goku and Vegeta antics, Takahashi, Tate, Shida, Tsuji, King Ryu, in part Fukushima, the Goku Black mystery stuff, rosé and ssjg Goku and UI (omen and complete), the monthy Animedia/Animage spoilers, Weekly Jump spoilers, are all stuff I'll miss.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:32 pm

Definitely. DBS made me have goosebumps (and cry sometimes) and high heart rate like DBZ did to me 19 years agp. I enjoy the story, the character developments, the fights, i only miss the blood, but i love DBS. I'll 100% miss DBS.

I was really saddened with the possibility of DBS ending when Kitaro's new anniversary series was announced. I'm still skeptic of DBS coming back anytime soon and i don't care too much about the movie (i'll watch it anyways) as i want a weekly anime, but i still hope for news about the future of Dragon Ball. I really hope for a new anime next year.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:35 pm

Yes, I am. The manga will still be here but it is monthly wait.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:39 pm

Absolutely. I never hated Super, even at it's worst it only frustrated me. It was a fun part of my week and as someone who only became a real fan of Dragon Ball comparatively recently, it was fun having something new to discuss each week.

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:07 pm

It was far from perfect but :cry:

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:13 pm

Probably not. It was a bumpy yet fun ride.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:15 pm

It was new DB from Toriyama no less so I'm going to miss it very much. Thankfully the movie will continue the story and the anime will most likely be back so the wait won't be long.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:22 pm

I will be indifferent to it. I had to sit down and watch an episode for 20 minutes a week, it was hardly a chore. I'll barely notice it is gone.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:43 am

I've been hooked since the Future Trunks arc. This series was one of the big reasons I finally upgraded to a premium Crunchyroll subscription. It sucks, but it gives me a reason to go back and rewatch Dragonball and Z, and finally go and watch the Dub which will likely continue on throughout next year.

I do believe and remain hopeful that we'll see another series potentially sometime next year or in 2020. The craze surrounding Dragonball is just too insane right now. Where they could go and what they can make, I really don't know. But I'm sure we'll see something

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:44 am

No, since there's nothing really to "miss" considering the story is going to continue in another series anyways.
Feels over Reals.

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:52 am

Yeah, I will. Loved it through and through. But I wish there had been more slice of life stuff in the end. I don't like how it will only have one episode to wrap up.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:06 am

Well, the manga will always, always be around, so it's not like it's going to go away from me.

But as for the show, it was incredible to see the anime staff try their damnest to make something great out of it with the later arcs. And they succeeded. Yeah the narrative could've been better, but whatever. I'm pretty optimistic with Dragon Ball's future in terms of its animated stuff. With these guys, the future is looking pretty bright. :thumbup:

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:11 am

I have been very dissatisfied with the Super anime from the start, but I will definitely miss it. Despite its countless issues, it was never boring (well...after the RoF arc, anyway). That's more than I can say for GT. I'm overjoyed that the manga doesn't have a planned stopping point.

FrostByte
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FrostByte » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:54 am

I definitely will.I love Super and I'm so happy that it will continue in the form of a movie this year.Hope it returns next year as an anime again,because watching it weekly was great.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:38 am

Dragono wrote:This anime/manga was not perfect and it was deeply flawed but it was new dragon ball material and I felt like a kid again.

What about you?
Yes. I will miss watching it with my real life friend.