"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gt91
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gt91 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:59 pm

So many news :0
These new characters are amazing! I hope to see them in XV3 :D

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:55 pm

Does this game will tie in with the Movie and the current SDBH Prison Planet arc ? :o
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:48 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Does this game will tie in with the Movie and the current SDBH Prison Planet arc ? :o
YOU! U were the guy who told me about your theory on the universe number system back when there universes 13 to 18 right? Could you plz PM me that theory?

Any way about your question. It was said that the game collabs with the movie in some way.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:39 pm

My theory on how DBLegends connects to the DBS Movie and maybe even SDBHeroes!

In case you didn’t know, DBL was confirmed to be in some collaboration with the new DBS Movie. DBL introduced a new original character made by Akira Toriyama for their game. The character as of now is nameless and is seemingly wearing ancient Planet Sadalian attire. The character was stated to a from a time different than Goku’s.

Image Image

From the new DBS Movie, we got the reveal of a new villain character. While not actually getting a full reveal, w did get bits and pieces of the characters looks. He is seemingly dressed in saiyan armor with a green cloth wrapped around his waste. He is also nameless.

The theory i have is that the character from DBL and the character from the new DBS movie are one and the same and are both Yamoshi by from different time periods. The Yamoshi from DBL was sad to be from a different time. The time i theorize is the time before he was killed and became a spirit. That would explain his clothes and why he looks pretty young. He might be the Yamoshi that was in the middle of his battle with the other saiyans or just a Yamoshi before he even battled the other saiyans. The Yamoshi we see in the DBS movie is a Yamoshi in present day.

PROOF:
The most important proof is the way they are show in their respective trailers.
They have the same eye color and are even shown off in similar ways. And as a bonus, the DBL saiyan has been confirmed to only have one bang while the saiyan from the DBS Movie has only been shown with one bang.

This is the saiyan from DBL in his trailer: Image

While this is the saiyan from the DBS movie in his trailer: Image

Where does SDBH fit into this?

Well, some time back, SDBH released a trailer for their new Universe Mission apart of the Prison Planet Arc. In this trailer, we got a look at a mysterious character that looked seemingly saiyan-like:

When I brightened the image it looked like this: Image

The hairline and one bang match the hair style of the DBL character perfectly. The lack of pupil can easily come down to the known fact that a lack of pupils only means that they are either unconscious, berserk, or just powered up/powering up.

TL;DR The mysterious saiyan from DBL, SDBH, and the DBS movie are all Yamoshi.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:13 pm

extremely unlikely to spoil Yamoshi's design this early in a videogame before the movie debut in series proper. That's a hype killer

and frankly his build and skin tone dont match the movie one so I dont think any of them are the same person

STH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by STH » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:19 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:[spoiler]My theory on how DBLegends connects to the DBS Movie and maybe even SDBHeroes!

In case you didn’t know, DBL was confirmed to be in some collaboration with the new DBS Movie. DBL introduced a new original character made by Akira Toriyama for their game. The character as of now is nameless and is seemingly wearing ancient Planet Sadalian attire. The character was stated to a from a time different than Goku’s.

Image Image

From the new DBS Movie, we got the reveal of a new villain character. While not actually getting a full reveal, w did get bits and pieces of the characters looks. He is seemingly dressed in saiyan armor with a green cloth wrapped around his waste. He is also nameless.

The theory i have is that the character from DBL and the character from the new DBS movie are one and the same and are both Yamoshi by from different time periods. The Yamoshi from DBL was sad to be from a different time. The time i theorize is the time before he was killed and became a spirit. That would explain his clothes and why he looks pretty young. He might be the Yamoshi that was in the middle of his battle with the other saiyans or just a Yamoshi before he even battled the other saiyans. The Yamoshi we see in the DBS movie is a Yamoshi in present day.

PROOF:
They have the same eye color and are even shown off in similar ways. And as a bonus, the DBL saiyan has been confirmed to only have one bang while the saiyan from the DBS Movie has only been shown with one bang.

Well, some time back, SDBH released a trailer for their new Universe Mission apart of the Prison Planet Arc. In this trailer, we got a look at a mysterious character that looked seemingly saiyan-like:

The hairline and one bang match the hair style of the DBL character perfectly. The lack of pupil can easily come down to the known fact that a lack of pupils only means that they are either unconscious, berserk, or just powered up/powering up.

TL;DR The mysterious saiyan from DBL, SDBH, and the DBS movie are all Yamoshi.[/spoiler]
I absolutely agree with you :D :thumbup:
Melkaniator wrote: "DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant."

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:26 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:extremely unlikely to spoil Yamoshi's design this early in a videogame before the movie debut in series proper. That's a hype killer

and frankly his build and skin tone dont match the movie one so I dont think any of them are the same person
Remember that MUI Goku was revealed and released to the public before he even debuted in the anime so its not unlikely. Also remember that in the teaser of the movie, the character started off skinny and then bulked up. And according to my theory, the character from DBL is young Yamoshi so it would make sense that he would be slimmer. The skin tones actually look similar if we are going by Toriyama’s designs and not they official promo art that made him lighter.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:28 pm

STH wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:[spoiler]My theory on how DBLegends connects to the DBS Movie and maybe even SDBHeroes!

Image Image

PROOF:

TL;DR The mysterious saiyan from DBL, SDBH, and the DBS movie are all Yamoshi.[/spoiler]
Well you were kind of the guy who opened my eyes to the whole thing. I just added more and put it all together. :D :thumbup:

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:17 pm

[spoiler]
AnimeNation101 wrote:My theory on how DBLegends connects to the DBS Movie and maybe even SDBHeroes!

Image Image

PROOF:

[/spoiler]

Holy guacamol that can makes sens :o

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:17 pm

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:02 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:[spoiler]
AnimeNation101 wrote:My theory on how DBLegends connects to the DBS Movie and maybe even SDBHeroes!

Image Image

PROOF:

[/spoiler]

Holy guacamol that can makes sens :o
Geekdom did a video explaining why he doesn't think the saiyan fighting Goku and the legends game saiyan are not the same. He also bought up some good points but I want to lean toward its the same guy.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:18 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:extremely unlikely to spoil Yamoshi's design this early in a videogame before the movie debut in series proper. That's a hype killer

Remember that MUI Goku was revealed and released to the public before he even debuted in the anime so its not unlikely. Also remember that in the teaser of the movie, the character started off skinny and then bulked up. And according to my theory, the character from DBL is young Yamoshi so it would make sense that he would be slimmer. The skin tones actually look similar if we are going by Toriyama’s designs and not they official promo art that made him lighter.
With a few weeks through a game update based on series proper.

Dragon Ball Heroes and Xenoverse have spoiled a few things maybe a week or two in advance. But to introduce Yamoshi in a mobile game here or in Heroes as is with him serving as a movie villain 9 months down the line is unlikely.
And the movie guy seems darker skinned with yellow eyes as well. He's also got the fur wraps and mucularity difference, let alone the clothes.

I just dont think they're the same person

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:16 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

With a few weeks through a game update based on series proper.

Dragon Ball Heroes and Xenoverse have spoiled a few things maybe a week or two in advance. But to introduce Yamoshi in a mobile game here or in Heroes as is with him serving as a movie villain 9 months down the line is unlikely.
And the movie guy seems darker skinned with yellow eyes as well. He's also got the fur wraps and mucularity difference, let alone the clothes.

I just dont think they're the same person
Didn't you see they eye comparison in my theory? Also i explained the different look in my theory too. One is a past version while on is a future version which could explain the clothes difference, etc, but you don't have to believe me anyways

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:19 am

Maybe shes the one hosting it. It's Dimps that are writing the story so Chronoa could be the one behind this tournament.

Zero-ELEC

Post by Zero-ELEC » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:28 pm

So, this game looks like its reusing Xenoverse assets, with the shading style a bit more similar to the CG cutscenes... Could that be the look they're going for in XV3?

Also, if these assets are shared, it being at least partially developed by Dimps (apparently?) could we see Paikuhan and Taopaipai in XV3?

STH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by STH » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:47 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
STH wrote:

Image Image

PROOF:

Well you were kind of the guy who opened my eyes to the whole thing. I just added more and put it all together. :D :thumbup:
Thank you very much :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I hope our guesses are correct. :D
Melkaniator wrote: "DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant."

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:31 am

The use of assets from Xenoverse piques my curiosity. I look forward to see what happens with this game. As some one who has devoted a lot of time (and money) to Dokkan Battle I looked forward to another mobile game not as a competitor, but as another viable option.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:31 pm

So it looks like the story will be similar to the story told in the 3DS game Dragon Ball Fusions ?

I don't think there will be a tie in but a node to this game would be nice and why not having some cameo/easter eggs to the 3DS game.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So it looks like the story will be similar to the story told in the 3DS game Dragon Ball Fusions ?

I don't think there will be a tie in but a node to this game would be nice and why not having some cameo/easter eggs to the 3DS game.
Well if Dokkan had DBF stuff then maybe DBL can too

GuanYu

Post by GuanYu » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:30 pm

this saiyan name is 'shallot (シャロット)

from this 1.08.10
> http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv311413263