Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 01/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:39 pm

Review, SSGSS DXF ~The Super Warriors~: Goku, Vegeta and Vegetto

Sculptors: Unkown
Release dates: Vegetto June 17, Goku August 17, Vegeta October 17.

In 2017, Banpresto decided to revive their DXF line and with UI Goku out next month decided to review the SSGSS one's, sadly this entire release has never lived up to it's potential, coming in at ~18cm it was of substantial height and sadly that is where most the positives come from. 2017 was the year of the plastic hairs!

Packaging:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Nice box design the use of white looks great.

The figures:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Goku:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
The worst of the three.

A very mediocre paint job on the gi, as seen here compared to FES Goku:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Barely any tonal shading here and the paint of orange looks pretty awful. The hair mould is pretty great however the choice of plastic mould for it... let's it down but I appreciate the daylight SSGSS colour. I also like the main mould for the figure but it is let down by a severe lack of detail. But I love the muscles of Goku on here.

Vegeta:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

A better paintjob than Goku and slightly more detailed too. But again the hair lets the figure down the plasticness does not fit Vegeta at all, totally ruined the Grandista Vegeta too.

Vegetto:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

The best of the three. Also most expensive.

Paintjob is actually done fairly fine actually, nice shades of blue on the gi and the orange is more "dirty" coloured and the hair matches the dark SSGSS as seen in the anime and less notice of the plastic too also the hair has the bangs to the right and not centrally!!! One big and smaller bang too! Perfect. Also love the face mould too captures the cokiness of Vegetto well. But I don't like the pose, the face would be better suited to the arms folded mould. Or at least have the arms less to open out.

Final thoughts and recommendation?

Sadly a release full of potential let down by lack of detail and poor paintjobs in general also the 2017 company decision to make all hair plastic was f**king stupid. But being SSGSS these aren't cheap especially the Vegetto and Goku is creeping up too, I would only recommend them if you manage to find them under 1300 yen. Vegeta gets the short end of the stick here as this is really the only viable regular prize figure for SSGSS Vegeta as the others have gone up in price.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:14 am

Grandista Goku HQ:

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:50 pm

So are DB finally surpass One Piece in Japan ?

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:58 am

Just preordered the Match Makers figures, Varoq UI Son Goku and Grandista UI Son Goku from AmiAmi! Good thing about them is that you don’t have to pay until it actually ships, unlike TOM. I have a feeling the shipping is gonna be a pain for the June stuff though (Match Makers and Varoq UI Goku)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:57 am

My buddy Aida managed to snap some HQ pics of the DBS FES Stage 7 Gogeta:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Comparison with the now rare 2008 HQDX Gogeta:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Well may aswell throw up the April schedule now I guess I'll conclude non DBS stuff but won't add non DBS to the OP:

BANPRESTO:

Dragon Ball Ryukyu May doll (12cm) April 5th:

BWFC Yamashita's Goku (14 cm) April 12th:

BWFC Gomes' DBS SS Trunks (18cm) April 19th:

Dragon Ball Super Mesh Dragon Ball Plush Doll (35cm) April 24th:

Grandista Bardock (28cm) April 24th:

Super Warriors Special (18cm) April 24th:

SUPER MASTER STARS PIECE DIORAMA II APRIL 28th:

BANDAI:

Mid to late April:

CABLE BITE:

Dragon Ball Super Character Decor Print Cake:
(no image yet)

DBS VS WAVE 06:

UDM #31:

SHF FREEZA REBORN:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:01 pm

Sooooo the FINAL KMH!!! Vegetto Blue is out in Japan today:

Annnnd Banpresto screwed Vegetto Blue again. Market value is already between ¥2000-2500...

Banpresto didn't produce a lot in quantity, same thing happened with the DXF Vegetto Blue.

Banpresto you looked to have made up for a poor 2017 please don't this. Please. Thanks.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:27 am

Grandista UI Goku getting a colour change... New colouring right:

Too match the overseas version:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Thank kami.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:24 am

Love the new coloring, makes it look more vibrant and more anime like for sure. And those hundreds of scratches on his body and pants are really showing the amount of attention to detail this figure has, man I want it so bad.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:47 am

Ichiban Kuji UI Goku is here!

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Will put a review up later possibly even a video one.

Also managed to get the Rosé Ichiban Kuji for ¥3000 less at ¥7000 (no fee's too) because the box was slightly damaged seller uploaded pics but tbh I didn't see a problem so I'd 100% take that! (Probably won't have that shipped now but at the end of April so I can ship it with my April stuff, plus ain't in no rush for it no point spending the extra shipping cost y'know).

Why is it finally get merch when the show is ending? Lol. But this makes me giddy for the new movie we could be getting some quality stuff!
SuperNingenGod wrote:Love the new coloring, makes it look more vibrant and more anime like for sure. And those hundreds of scratches on his body and pants are really showing the amount of attention to detail this figure has, man I want it so bad.
Same! I was so relieved 'cuz I was like the overseas one looks better, the orange pops really well! And the blue colouring on the boots damn that looks great.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:11 am

Dear toy companies: Give me a high quality figure (Grandista would be nice) of Kale in her SS2 or Berserk forms and I will vomit money all over you.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Ichiban Kuji UI Goku is here!

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Will put a review up later possibly even a video one.

Also managed to get the Rosé Ichiban Kuji for ¥3000 less at ¥7000 (no fee's too) because the box was slightly damaged seller uploaded pics but tbh I didn't see a problem so I'd 100% take that! (Probably won't have that shipped now but at the end of April so I can ship it with my April stuff, plus ain't in no rush for it no point spending the extra shipping cost y'know).

Why is it finally get merch when the show is ending? Lol. But this makes me giddy for the new movie we could be getting some quality stuff!
SuperNingenGod wrote:Love the new coloring, makes it look more vibrant and more anime like for sure. And those hundreds of scratches on his body and pants are really showing the amount of attention to detail this figure has, man I want it so bad.
Same! I was so relieved 'cuz I was like the overseas one looks better, the orange pops really well! And the blue colouring on the boots damn that looks great.
WOW, that looks nice. What a sculpt.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:36 pm

There really isn’t much merchandise yet of Caulifla, Kale, or Kefla huh?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Asura wrote:There really isn’t much merchandise yet of Caulifla, Kale, or Kefla huh?
Nope. Kale and Caulifla have a WCF figure each, Kale is apparently getting a build-a-figure with Wave 3 of the Dragon Stars figures in the west, Kefla has rather pricey mini figure, a keychain and an art board, and then some various stickers.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:23 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Asura wrote:There really isn’t much merchandise yet of Caulifla, Kale, or Kefla huh?
Nope. Kale and Caulifla have a WCF figure each, Kale is apparently getting a build-a-figure with Wave 3 of the Dragon Stars figures in the west, Kefla has rather pricey mini figure, a keychain and an art board, and then some various stickers.
Is there any speculation on why there is so little merchandise of them?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:39 pm

Asura wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
It's not just them, it's Super characters in general. Goku Black is really the only new character introduced in Super who's had a heavy push. Most of the Gods, Angels and Tournament fighters don't have anything besides a Heroes card, if that. Baggie's done a nice breakdown of the merchandise shenanigans over here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=41428

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:02 pm

Review: Dragon Ball Super Ichiban Kuji ~The Saiyan's reach their limit here~ Prize A Son Goku Ultra Instinct Figure.

Sculptor: Unknown.
Release: March 2018.

"#17...Vegeta and everyone else are counting me. I swear on that faith and I won't back down now!"

Packaging:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
It is actually really nice packaging! The colour scheme matches UI Goku and interestingly enough there is isn't English text for Ultra Instinct. Box the self is thankfully significantly shorter and thinner than the September and December Ichiban Kuji's!

Now on to the figure:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

And wow... this thing is gorgeous! First thing first the sculpt is actually pretty great. Goku's head isn't exactly straight and at an angle. The rips on the gi are pretty great. However the true impressive thing is the subtle scratches on Goku:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
There is scratch right at the back of head just before we get to the hair and then scratches on his cheek. For once the lack of blood is actually a good thing as Banpresto don't do a good job of mass producing figures with blood the painting is always usually off.

But the back! The back of the figure is what looks absolutely great!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Like holyyyyyyyyy. If I was a fangirl I would be so wet right now :lol: Goku's been through some shit alright! Speaking of the back this shot shows the damaged gi better for what I mean:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
As you can see the blue shirt rip is not level which is just fantastic level of attention and on top of that the creases not symmetrical at the back!

You say how could this figure get any better? Well the hair mould and overall colouring is phenomenal. Here is a quick comparison with the December Ichiban Kuji Goku:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

IT'S ORANGE ORANGE!!!!!! God I F**king love this figure. I also love the paint job on the boots:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Different shades of blue! Again the detail is great here! love love love it, also love how the laces are raised too, nice touch.

But yes the hair mould:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Phenomenal. None of those annoying bottom spikes the SS/GSS figures have! Also love the lines across the gaps where there isn't any spikes.

Finally more size comparisons:
DXF:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Grandista:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Cons:
Just some factory defects like glue stains nothing too bad but eh it doesn't bother me.

Overall thoughts and impressions and do I recommend?
As a debut figure, it does not get better than this! It is a fantastic piece, a few people have commented just on pics saying it lacked detail but you need the figure to understand the detail and attention is great. Just getting different shades of colour shows effort absolutely a massive plus in my books. And you can't the scratches from afar and imo the subtly of them is what makes it great.

As for recommendation. The figure manages to hold itself at 10,000yen so not cheap. The Grandista version will be out soon so for those on a budget that is an option. But for those who are fans of Goku, the form and have the spare money I'd wholeheartedly recommend it! It is literally the first UI Goku so you can show off and say you own/ed the first ever UI Goku figure! It'll likely hold and increase it's value.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:56 pm

It definitely looks like a great piece! Though I'm broke af but I do have the WCF, BWFC, and Grandista on order so I can't wait for those. Would probably also preorder the DXF Special (and maybe May Ichiban Kuji) if it wasn't sold out everywhere.
On another note, bootlegs are being put out crazy fast. I'm already seeing a Blood of Saiyans Rose Black bootleg figure on ebay and that doesn't come out until May

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:12 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Asura wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: Nope. Kale and Caulifla have a WCF figure each, Kale is apparently getting a build-a-figure with Wave 3 of the Dragon Stars figures in the west, Kefla has rather pricey mini figure, a keychain and an art board, and then some various stickers.
It's not just them, it's Super characters in general. Goku Black is really the only new character introduced in Super who's had a heavy push. Most of the Gods, Angels and Tournament fighters don't have anything besides a Heroes card, if that. Baggie's done a nice breakdown of the merchandise shenanigans over here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=41428
Doesn't Hit have lots of minatures and statues? Jiren looks like he's getting up there as well. And the fact that Kale is getting an actual poseable fig puts her above most of the Super characters, which is good at least for me.
Feels over Reals.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:02 am

RedHeat wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Asura wrote: Is there any speculation on why there is so little merchandise of them?
Doesn't Hit have lots of minatures and statues? Jiren looks like he's getting up there as well. And the fact that Kale is getting an actual poseable fig puts her above most of the Super characters, which is good at least for me.
In terms of figures, Hit has an expensive HG Minifigure in the same series as Kefla and a WCF in Japan from what I’ve heard. In the US he has a Dragon Stars figure, which is probably the best non Chibi figure of him

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:57 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Review: Dragon Ball Super Ichiban Kuji ~The Saiyan's reach their limit here~ Prize A Son Goku Ultra Instinct Figure.

As a debut figure, it does not get better than this! It is a fantastic piece, a few people have commented just on pics saying it lacked detail but you need the figure to understand the detail and attention is great. Just getting different shades of colour shows effort absolutely a massive plus in my books. And you can't the scratches from afar and imo the subtly of them is what makes it great.

As for recommendation. The figure manages to hold itself at 10,000yen so not cheap. The Grandista version will be out soon so for those on a budget that is an option. But for those who are fans of Goku, the form and have the spare money I'd wholeheartedly recommend it! It is literally the first UI Goku so you can show off and say you own/ed the first ever UI Goku figure! It'll likely hold and increase it's value.
Nice review man, that's a very looking figure indeed. A bit on the shiny side tho especially on the body and hair thus giving that waxy look. For me I'm sticking with BWFC Special UI and Grandista's UI, will consider IBK's if it ever gets cheaper.