Super Episode 131 (25 March 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Super Episode 131 (25 March 2018)

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:10 pm

Tsunder Frieza is best "Don't thank me, Baka!"

Fantastic ending to an awesome series. Looking back on Super's long run, I will still fondly remember it as the second best Dragon Ball series in the franchise with great writing, directing, fight scenes, character, character usage and just an absolute awesome ride from start to finish (Yes, even if I don't like RoF, it wasn't bad enough to drag down the show). I forgot to eat my popcorn during it because I was too engrossed with this episode.

I don't know why, but the best moment of this episode for me was Frieza yelling at Goku to throw him.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:11 pm

TheMikado wrote:Haven’t seen the episode yet but I’m super confused.
What we jirens wish?
How did this resolve the issue of too many universes?
Told you they wouldn't erased all of Super with a wish. Jiren lost. All universes came back.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:12 pm

Is it just me or was Yamcha not shown in the ending?

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:12 pm

I think that rewatching this episode really helped me decide on my opinion. I really like the direction and storyboard of this episode. The animation was a good as well. I never expected Andriod 17 to win this tournament. I find it interesting that they allowed Freeza to be brought back to life. It seems like that they are done with him yet. I think bring back the universes that was destroyed was an expected result but was handled well. I think that pacing could have been better but no major issues for me. I also liked how they ended it with Goku and Vegeta fighting in their classic stances.
Rating: 9 out of 10
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

snaku
Regular

Post by snaku » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:12 pm

Phenomenal. Like I just don’t have the words. I need the Super movie in my veins right now. Loved the Freeza and Goku team up at the end to take Jiren down. Loved Jiren’s character by the end. 17 is legend. Love that Ultra Instinct isn’t something Goku can just turn on like SSJ. Love Goku and Vegeta fighting in the exact same spot they first threw down in the Saiyan saga. Love that Freeza is back for good. I loved it.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:13 pm

That was a fun ending episode.

17 being the last one in while Freeza and Goku actually worked together to ultimately defeat the titan that is Jiren. Weirdly satisfying.

The wish was expected, but I was hoping for it. Did not expect the ultimatum that the Zenos (and Grand Priest) had.

A solid ending, with plenty more to explore in the future with films and especially series.

And apparently angels can resurrect the dead. Did not see that part coming. But it worked.

Can't forget Caulifla grabbing both Kale and Cabba to get to SSJ3. Immediately after being revived, lol.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:13 pm

precita wrote:Is it just me or was Yamcha not shown in the ending?
He was there in the ending.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:13 pm

17 just brought back Universes 13 to 18 with his wish.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:15 pm

Exline wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:"B-b-but 17 you were gonna go on a trip with your family!"

18... he freakin saved several universes wtf lol.
Yeah I found that line so odd. So heartless as well lol? Like does it really matter? He could just get a damn boat from Bulma. 18 was being overdramatic af :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: yeah I have no idea what they were thinking with that line, thankfully the other lines in this episode were spot on.

amuroray
Not-So-Newbie

Post by amuroray » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:15 pm

about as flat as i expected. 17 shouldnt even be alive. So fucking predictable.

What a waste of time super was.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:15 pm

Kokonoe wrote:
Exline wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:"B-b-but 17 you were gonna go on a trip with your family!"

18... he freakin saved several universes wtf lol.
Yeah I found that line so odd. So heartless as well lol? Like does it really matter? He could just get a damn boat from Bulma. 18 was being overdramatic af :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: yeah I have no idea what they were thinking with that line, thankfully the other lines in this episode were spot on.
Eh, 17 and 18 don't have to care for other universes. They're known for being indifferent.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:16 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:17 just brought back Universes 13 to 18 with his wish.
Let's hope if the series continues they will use that point. Sort of an unintended consequence that may bring even more powerful foes or allies. This could tie into the movie, saiyans from the other universe, but that's being hopeful.
Last edited by Zagacious on Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:17 pm

precita wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:
Exline wrote:
Eh, 17 and 18 don't have to care for other universes. They're known for being indifferent.
Sorry but that line is just plain bad lol, 18 ain't heartless.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:17 pm

Doctor. wrote: I don't really have a problem with #17 being the survivor, I expected him to have a big role since he wouldn't be brought back for no reason. Like Trunks before him, I think Super improved on the character. The problem, I feel, is that he, again like Trunks, was needlessly shoved in scenes he had no place being, so I can understand how he may have left some a poor taste in some people's mouths. Still, I think the character himself was fine, just the way he was handled that was poor. Regardless, my problem is with the wish. It was extremely predictable and safe. Which is, really, my biggest problem with the ending of the series: it's safe. The universes are brought back, making the tournament pointless. Goku can't access Ultra Instinct at will and Vegeta seemingly forgets about his new form at the end, making the tournament pointless. The Omni-Kings and the Gods/Angels were actually good guys all along that have always cared about virtue and righteousness, oh wow, what a convenient way to handwave all the bullshit they've put our characters through this entire series. Don't get me wrong, I wanted the universes to be brought back, because otherwise all this potential is wasted (and it was), but they should have found a more creative work around whilst still retaining the interesting tension between the mortals and the Gods that the beginning of the tournament established. I won't get started on them backtracking on the whole "Goku's a danger to the universe" plot point because that has happened a long time ago already.
Again, thank you for your contribution, man! You always have great things to say! :clap:

Didn't like how #17 was overused in this arc, but him being the winner was unexpected, so I accepted.

The tournament being pointless, the Gods turning up to be not assholes were kinda lame (Guess El Grande Padre being evil will stay on the fanfic territory lol) and Goku not being able to use Ultra Instinct was retarded, but I guess Vegeta can still use SSJBE, I would fix the ending montage by having him fighting with KKx20+SSJB Goku.

And yes it was a very safe ending, I would expect the Gods to deny #17 wish so instead he could wish to bring everyone to Universe 7 it would be more interesting.
Last edited by jeffbr92 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:18 pm

I'm wondering... 17 wished the universes back, won't that make the other 6 universes that Zeno erased in the past to come back too?

Dylanrockin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dylanrockin » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:19 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:Amazing episode!

Was anyone else impressed that Goku was pushing himself so hard that he was flickering Super Saiyan on and off??
Yeah, it's like when he transformed into a Super Saiyan for the first time - it was awesome!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:20 pm

Alee9977 wrote:I'm wondering... 17 wished the universes back, won't that make the other 6 universes that Zeno erased in the past to come back too?
Maybe? Could be a lead in to a future arc or something.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:20 pm

Where did Freeza's men come from? I thought the last remnants of his army died in Return of F.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:21 pm

It was a good episode, a solid ending, probably the best ending of the different series.

I wouldn't say it was predictable from my point of view. At least from the start nobody would ever have said Android 17 was going to win. I made a poll on the wikia's when there were 10 left and he still had the minority vote.

Them bringing the universes back I was 50/50 on. Originally I didn't want them to, I can see why they did....it was probably the right choice to. It'd be a shame to throw all those characters away even if it made the whole Tournament a bit of a waste. So I'm a bit mixed on that.

Great to see Frieza and Goku team up. I did however expect a bit more of an epic ending to it. I thought there'd be a bit more oompf to seeing Jiren go out but not so much.

I was a bit disappointed however at the lack of a tease. A tease for what could come next either for the movie or the next series but there was nothing.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:21 pm

Zagacious wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:17 just brought back Universes 13 to 18 with his wish.
Let's hope if the series continues they will use that point. Sort of an unintended consequence that may bring even more powerful foes or allies. This could tie into the movie, saiyans from the other universe, but that's being hopeful.
I think it will tie into the movie