Kameha-con 2018!!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Kameha-con 2018!!

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:24 am

Geekdom101 wrote:Where's all those people who said it was a dub-centric and dub-only con?

You should know if I'm involved, it wont be all about the dub.

As if they have a minutia of understanding of what it takes to get a deal like this done. The convention has been trying to get this deal done for 8 months.

No, Nozawa is not coming this year due to prior commitments. Horikawa is the last of the big guests and I'm happy its finally out now.

Wait til you hear about the panels.
That's pretty awesome that Horikawa is gonna be there (especially since Vegeta is one of my favorite characters.) :)

That being said, it sucks that I won't be able to go. :cry:

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:10 pm

Well I did say many months back if they got Ryo Horikawa I was going to go. And I stick to my word

Actually I bought a premium pass before Ryo Horikawa was announced but finally booked my plane ticket the night he was announced so that’s finalizing the decision. And purchased his M&G too. :)

I am a bit disappointed from the sounds of Geekdom’s last post that is probably it for Japanese guests but as he was my number one choice I can’t complain too much!

So yeah I am absolutely thrilled by this announcement.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:35 pm

Kinokima wrote:Well I did say many months back if they got Ryo Horikawa I was going to go. And I stick to my word

Actually I bought a premium pass before Ryo Horikawa was announced but finally booked my plane ticket the night he was announced so that’s finalizing the decision. And purchased his M&G too. :)

I am a bit disappointed from the sounds of Geekdom’s last post that is probably it for Japanese guests but as he was my number one choice I can’t complain too much!

Booking Japanese guests and getting Aoni Productions to respond is really hard. Trust me. Maybe Horikawa can put in a good word.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Just curious, the first option pre-release Banpresto figure for VIP passes, has that been revealed yet? If not is it something that is gonna be released that month by Banpresto America? Or will it be something that will be released that month from Banpresto in Japan?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:27 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Booking Japanese guests and getting Aoni Productions to respond is really hard. Trust me. Maybe Horikawa can put in a good word.
I’ve been going to Otakon since 2005 I know the Japanese guests are difficult and costly. I may be a bit disappointed there aren’t more but I in no way doubt you guys put in a lot of effort just to get Horikawa and he’s someone I’ve wanted to meet for more than 15 years so overall like I said there is no reason for me to complain.

And only having one favorite guest (for me personally ) means I can just enjoy the panels and not stress as much about autographs.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Just curious, the first option pre-release Banpresto figure for VIP passes, has that been revealed yet? If not is it something that is gonna be released that month by Banpresto America? Or will it be something that will be released that month from Banpresto in Japan?

It’s the Grandista Bardock

Also for anyone who can’t go they do have two passes for non-attending

https://www.kamehacon.com/non-attending-tickets

1 includes a random autograph. The other includes every autograph and the Grandista Bardock. The one with all autographs is $500 though

Both include some con stuff and a download pass for the concert.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:53 am

Kinokima wrote:It’s the Grandista Bardock

Also for anyone who can’t go they do have two passes for non-attending

https://www.kamehacon.com/non-attending-tickets

1 includes a random autograph. The other includes every autograph and the Grandista Bardock. The one with all autographs is $500 though

Both include some con stuff and a download pass for the concert.
Well that's cool, though the SWSP UI Goku comes out the same time so if they could have got that too that would have been extra cool for the VIP's, especially since it is gonna be a hot release.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:11 am

Any form of Live streaming is on the cards? Conventions do live stream occasionally.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:13 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Kinokima wrote:Well I did say many months back if they got Ryo Horikawa I was going to go. And I stick to my word

Hey, will Kamecon will be live streamed for those can't come? I have exams so I can't come, but I still want to see the panels!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SX10
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SX10 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:18 pm

That's a good question, I would love to see official footage of the panels. There's an opportunity there for a dvd even.
"Four eyes, ever had four black eyes?" -- Brian Drummond's Vegeta

https://youtu.be/5TW1njkk52Q -- Dragon Ball Sheep

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:24 pm

SX10 wrote:That's a good question, I would love to see official footage of the panels. There's an opportunity there for a dvd even.
Answers on the site.

Blondiebear_17

Post by Blondiebear_17 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:21 am

I have known about this for a while but for some reason, I am only just seriously thinking about going If I can get the weekend off of work there is no stopping me even then meh maybe I will be sick or something? :sick: I need to save up money in the coming weeks though. YOLO.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:57 am

Hey guys,
I want you people who are happy to see Peter Kelamis coming to Kameha-con to listen to this interview released by Geekdom101 with him and Peter Kelamis talking. It is an interesting interview and I hope that people enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAzgZB1 ... WL&index=1
Majinwarman

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:36 am

majinwarman wrote:Hey guys,
I want you people who are happy to see Peter Kelamis coming to Kameha-con to listen to this interview released by Geekdom101 with him and Peter Kelamis talking. It is an interesting interview and I hope that people enjoy it.
It's a really good interview.

In case you're reading this -- thanks, Geekdom! Your vid really made my morning. :)
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:27 am

Robo4900 wrote:

In case you're reading this -- thanks, Geekdom! Your vid really made my morning. :)
I'm glad that you enjoyed the interview!
Majinwarman

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:43 pm

Just learning about this. I think it is really cool Kelamis and Drummond are going to go. Very awesome (they are two of my favourites from Ocean, and talking with Drummond personally just keeps them as my favourites)! I think it is really neat that Drummond and Kelamis represent the early stages of the characters, while the Schemmel and Sabat represent the later-arcs. It is a nice touch.

Also, learning the Kelamis and Schemmel have beef is a shame. However, I think that Kelamis and Corlette still having an attachment to Goku long after all that went down in the past, is a testament to Dragon Ball's influence on everyone involved: from fans to those behind the production.

It would be really interesting if the artists behind Dragon Ball content would have a role in stuff like this. They deserve it just as much.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Kameha-con sounds really fun, wish I could go! Especially since Horikawa-san is going to be attending too, he's basically my primary reason for wanting to go. Also Ajay, I love his channel and it's made me want to learn more about the production process of DB in general, as well as who are all the staff involved in the making.

That being said, I do hope that Dragon Ball, DBZ, DBGT, and DBS all get beneficial amounts of exposure. I know neither the original DB nor GT are as popular here in the US, but they are part of the franchise and should be acknowledged and promoted at the very least.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:20 am

Robo4900 wrote:

Thanks!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue May 01, 2018 8:20 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
Robo4900 wrote:

Thanks!
We should thank you for your great work for this community.
Majinwarman

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:57 am

majinwarman wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Robo4900 wrote: It's a really good interview.

Thanks!
You just did :thumbup: :thumbup:

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri May 04, 2018 12:30 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Thanks!
You just did :thumbup: :thumbup:
I hope that you are enjoying Kamecon right now.
Majinwarman