Dragon Ball Z Vegeta Saga II Ultimate uncut edition question

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The One and Only Nam

Dragon Ball Z Vegeta Saga II Ultimate uncut edition question

Post by The One and Only Nam » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:26 pm

Has there ever been a release of the Dragon ball Z Vegeta Saga II *(Ultimate uncut edition) that included both "Saiyan Invasion" and "Ultimate Sacrifice" in one box set? I know that there was a starter box set that included only one DVD, which also had a mini action figure.

andrewtuell1991
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Z Vegeta Saga II Ultimate uncut edition question

Post by andrewtuell1991 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:01 pm

No. The UUE was discontinued altogether after Ultimate Sacrifice to make way for the Orange Bricks. "Vegeta Saga II" was never complete so a boxset wouldn't make sense.

Looking back, FUNimation should've never started the UUE in the first place. Not just because they didn't finish it, but because releasing shows in 3-4 episode volumes in 2005-6 was fucking stupid.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:35 pm

Yes, it was cancelled so a boxset wouldn't have made much sense. However, for some reason FUNimation released the 10th volume but only with the Mexican-Spanish dub which apparently is in widescreen and has no menus. Like, what? xD

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Prin ... B001C4ZQDO

Who knows why FUNimation even bothered putting this out but it exists.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Well the mid 2000's was the turning point for the american anime industry. They were slowly transitioning to more box sets. Funimation around 2006 realized that they weren't making much off the single discs and decided to cancel them to make the season sets, which lets face it, were very profitable. Despite the quality, they did sell well.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

The One and Only Nam

Post by The One and Only Nam » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:35 pm

Thank You all for clearing my doubts!